• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Great to hear about spikes not freezing anymore. Did you guys also made it so characters are the same as in the other modes? I hate how painfully slow characters are in SSE.

Edit: Crush was that sarcasm or something?

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
Uh, the definition is clear if something can or cannot be MC'd. The fact is, those are not capable of being MC'd, so its by definition a spike.
Marth's Fsmash cannot be MC'd. Is it a spike?
You could say that it has to launch opponents downwards, but then you have to define "down" (since any move that launches at a 270 degree angle (down) can be MC'd).
The reason why Falco's and Marth's dair, aerial Wiz kick and Nipple Spike can't be MC'd is that they don't launch opponents straight down.

Or so I've heard :c

iLink

Smash Champion
So I'm going to be in charge of running a p:m side tourney this Saturday. Problem is, unless you guys know someone in norcal with a more up to date build, we are going to have to go with the demo.

This is the stage list I had planned

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island (brawl)

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylate Cruise
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Drive
Rainbow Cruise
Rumble Falls+
Temple:M
Wario Ware Inc.

Gonna go with a 3-4-1 stage strike and 3 bans I think.

Do you guys suggest I go with that or a more simplified version for simplicity's sake?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Great to hear about spikes not freezing anymore. Did you guys also made it so characters are the same as in the other modes? I hate how painfully slow characters are in SSE.
In the next release, we should have all characters have matching physics from multiplayer to SSE. EY did a lot of it when he first jumped on the team, and he's been updating other characters with some ironed-out physics.

SSE with real physics feels nice, I'll tell ya.

crush

Smash Master
So I'm going to be in charge of running a p:m side tourney this Saturday. Problem is, unless you guys know someone in norcal with a more up to date build, we are going to have to go with the demo.

This is the stage list I had planned

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island (brawl)

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylate Cruise
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Drive
Rainbow Cruise
Rumble Falls+
Temple:M
Wario Ware Inc.

Gonna go with a 3-4-1 stage strike and 3 bans I think.

Do you guys suggest I go with that or a more simplified version for simplicity's sake?
Lol imo you should just cut the counterpicks altogether and give people 1 or 2 bans. That seems like way too many stages to play on/ for the people playing the game to memorize what counterpicks are and what stages arent

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Even though I pretty much agree with that stage list as fair, I agree, that for counterpick's sake, you should change things around.

First, I recommend Warioware over Skyworld in the neutral. Skyworld, in all fairness, is not the most fun stage to play on, even if balanced. It sort of has an odd feeling to it in the demo, and it really should only end up getting used if someone truly honestly wants to go there.

I'd also slash more iffy stages, like Brinstar, Port Town Aero Dive, Pirate Ship, Halberd, and maybe Castle Seige JUST to water down the overwhelming amounts of stages. I like the stage list, and honestly I want to see it used, but for a potentially small tourney with such a small character roster... it might be best to keep it simple.

iLink

Smash Champion
I dunno, I find skyworld to be more neutral then wario ware because the platform layout benefits some characters more.

Brinstar, Port Town Aero Dive, Pirate Ship, Halberd
I'll probably cut those

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It's great that you got an odd number of neutrals for stage striking. Man, Melle didn't have enough neutrals, Project M now has too much, LOL.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle, Tink, Wolf and Yoshi I rarely if ever see on streams, and Squirtle has like 0 vids
There was a recent yagi stream with tons of wolf... Looked like he or one of the others was playing him really well.

Ecks

Smash Lord
In the next release, we should have all characters have matching physics from multiplayer to SSE. EY did a lot of it when he first jumped on the team, and he's been updating other characters with some ironed-out physics.

SSE with real physics feels nice, I'll tell ya.
This is great. I can only imagine how awesome it must be to play PM physics Falcon in SSE.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So for Brawl videos, what exactly would help my chances? I mean, I don't exactly play very technical characters (Ganon, Dedede, DK) sooooo....

Eh w/e, I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new Memory card and get to smashfests and ****.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
**** yeah, Bowser matches.

One of the like 1324645 characters I am most hyped about.

Though I'm most hyped about the new Sheik.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No ******** DThrow.

For me that's a whole new Sheik.

I can now approach Sheik below 31980871098735%.

Also unless you've since fixed them, no hurtbox on Needles so they're slightly less ********.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
A slight reduction in retardedness still makes the MU 1000x easier.

Like... Getting grabbed is no longer guaranteed death.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I brought PM to sooo many events. Player 2 and I will probably stream sometimes today, save it for one day, then remove it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, i have a question, entirely in the realm of curiosity:

you guys say you can't create articles. how far can you edit them, though? like, could you, for example, take mario's fireball, then stick it on his down b or something, and then go and tweak down b fireball independently of normal fireball?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
THat should be possible. We were able to edit Lucario's aura to make the bigger, slower, more powerful Super Aura, and it even requires a different input.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no. it isn't possible. the article is in 1 location in memory and it uses the Generate Article command; we couldn't edit it independent of his neutral B special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom