• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
Can the degree of control on egg toss be altered? It was a slightly rude awakening when I found out that Yoshi can't throw behind him anymore. Granted, that's a very situational thing, and it isn't very important.

Also, my vote goes to parry.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Can the degree of control on egg toss be altered? It was a slightly rude awakening when I found out that Yoshi can't throw behind him anymore. Granted, that's a very situational thing, and it isn't very important.

Also, my vote goes to parry.
He can still throw behind him.
The timing is stricter since he turns around if you hold back on the first few frames but it's still possible.

He can even throw straight up if you angle it right. :)

Since the egg lasts until it's offscreen or hits someone.......

JOE!

Smash Hero
speaking of Side B, other mods have done some interesting stuff with it:

BBrawl gave it 7% Heavy armor while rolling on the ground (+ Double Jump Renewal)

Brawl- gave him the ability to do any move out of it as a cancel

Any plans of doing anything similar?

Stevo

Smash Champion
it having heavy armo(u)r makes sense flavo(u)r wise, as going in what is essentially his shield should give him some protection. It wouldn't have the red colo(u)r, though, which has been associated with heavy armo(u)r, right?

that combined with being a little faster and giving double jump back is probably enough. It's only use in melee was to use it from the edge (reversed, might I add) to quickly get back to the center of the stage, and perhaps catch the opponent off guard. a la Fumi

shanus

Smash Hero
im sure you can live without having a character that does nothing in the background

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Aka, the best short answer there is.

So... just wondering. I know one of the goals of the project is to have relatively balanced matchups amongst the cast. So, for the playtesters (or devs that play the game rather extensively): Are there any match-ups in the game that feel particularly difficult? Not necessarily impossible, but would require some extensive practice.

Haha, chinpo means ****.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
No general consensus with matchups in the BR.

But is natural in a balanced game that every character may have a very difficult matchup or two and some difficult ones.

Considering that the game has all characters on about the same level, everyone having some bad MUs won't hurt the characters' viability and make the game more diverse on countepicking.

Stevo

Smash Champion
lol it's just a joke man.

as a side note, I'm pretty sure the Project M team mentioned a while back that it would be out before 2012 (although i don't think it was worded that way)

crush

Smash Master
lol it's just a joke man.

as a side note, I'm pretty sure the Project M team mentioned a while back that it would be out before 2012 (although i don't think it was worded that way)
im happy you have the avatar because everyone loves crush soda but please dont steal my "uhmm .. guise?" phrase.

Ecks

Smash Lord
lol that was funny.

But really Crush, the team isn't keeping the release date from anybody or anything, they really don't know when it'll be done. Besides, the more the wait, the bigger the possibility that they'll add more characters.

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
But really Crush, the team isn't keeping the release date from anybody, they really don't know when it'll be done. Besides, the more the wait, the bigger the possibility that they'll add more characters.
Bingo. It's not like we magically know when we're going to finish a project that's been being worked on for such a long time. Especially because we don't get paid, thus only work on it when we have time to.

Not to mention the fact that progress comes randomly. We have a lot of chaotic elements of development that are hard to control, and something that has been an issue for months can suddenly be figured out in an hour of work combined with an epiphany.

Needlessly nagging on release dates truly does nothing to inform you, nor does it help the project. The answer is always going to be the same.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Aka, the best short answer there is.

So... just wondering. I know one of the goals of the project is to have relatively balanced matchups amongst the cast. So, for the playtesters (or devs that play the game rather extensively): Are there any match-ups in the game that feel particularly difficult? Not necessarily impossible, but would require some extensive practice.

Haha, chinpo means ****.
Snake vs every melee midtier and up is difficult. I have to completely outplay and literally just trick people the whole time and set sneaky traps

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom