• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
hom·age
   [hom-ij, om-]
noun
1.respect or reverence paid or rendered
2.the formal public acknowledgment by which a feudal tenant or vassal declared himself to be the man or vassal of his lord, owing him fealty and service.
3.the relation thus established of a vassal to his lord.
4.something done or given in acknowledgment or consideration of the worth of another

I think #2 and #3 apply the most, personally

crush

Smash Master
hom·age
   [hom-ij, om-]
noun
1.respect or reverence paid or rendered
2.the formal public acknowledgment by which a feudal tenant or vassal declared himself to be the man or vassal of his lord, owing him fealty and service.
3.the relation thus established of a vassal to his lord.
4.something done or given in acknowledgment or consideration of the worth of another

I think #2 and #3 apply the most, personally
i knew it meant something when it said i was a smash lord

Stevo

Smash Champion
I meant it was not useful before...

obviously it is useful now that it makes his recovery less bad. I also didn't know they sped it up. These are new changes, which means they are tentative, which means we cannot fully assume they are going to be in the full game. I mean, I dont see why they wouldnt be, but still do YOU think melee egg roll is useful? All I was saying is that I did not understand why people were wanting to get rid of egg lay, rather than try to change egg roll. (you can buff Yoshi's recovery in other ways if you have to)

Honestly, in my opinion, he doesn't really need the side-b second jump renew. Where Yoshi fails is things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL464oMo2Xw#t=0m32s in which his new buffed recovery doesnt help much. It is very useful, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't fix the worst part about Yoshi, which is getting hit after a double jump. Up-b doesnt give him enough momentum forward, and side-b you have to be pretty high up.

In that video above, if Yoshi had a grapple recovery, for example, he could have air dodged forward to grapple. I'm not saying he should get one, I'm just giving an example of a different approach. Yoshi's side-b recovery is nifty, but don't expect it to fix Yoshi to the point of being a top tier contender. If Yoshi becomes amazing, it will be for different reasons.

oh I should mention that lame gimps like that should not happen as often with optional DJC, but still.
and also, take a look for examples when his side-b actually lets Yoshi recover when he otherwise was unable to (I'm looking right now).

Ok I found one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvF9mFovzzY#t=1m28s
although, it was a necessity because of bad DI, this shows it can come in handy. In that video it is used quite a bit, but I think his up-b recovery could have been used in some places instead.

I think overall side-b refresh of his double jump is a good thing and should be left in. I am not sure it was necessary, or that it even fixes the most frustrating parts of Yoshi's gimpableness, but still helps in some areas.

Actually, I now realize what makes it useful. Yoshi's double jump is the only thing that can give him a real burst of forward momentum. Most characters can float towards the platform and up-b when near, but Yoshi's up-b is more useful when spammed while having forward momentum.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yo, I know it was a while ago but please for the love of God don't quintuple or even double post. The edit button is there for a reason.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Have y'all considered making a tiny change on the demo?

Like...you know...one that fixed landing detection? :p

Srsly tho, it makes a HUGE difference to the gameplay.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Snake vs every melee midtier and up is difficult. I have to completely outplay and literally just trick people the whole time and set sneaky traps

:phone:
Yea I know what you mean I'm having a hard time against alot of characters with snake and my snake is beast one thing though I'm wondering why nades blow up in two seconds kinda frustrating but I'm still trying to get used to it

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Sonic vs Mario is an impossibly difficult match up. You'd think Sonic wouldn't have such a bad time, being that his primary kill method is via gimps and Mario's recovery is pretty lackluster.

Falco/Zelda is really only bad on FD and maybe Smashville. Any other stage, Zelda becomes merely obnoxious.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Donkey Kong vs. Falco is still difficult but not as difficult. 65-35, maybe 60-40.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Well are you going to do something with pt? Charizard is cool and all but you just got rid of a character for no reason. It's aesthetic but you sorta just nixed a character for no reason...

Typing from my phone at work, Was distracted lol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well are you going to do something with pt? Charizard is cool and all but you just got rid of a character for no reason. It's aesthetic but you sorta just nixed a character for no reason...
Far from just aesthetic. All indie Pokemon now have DownBs.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

They couldn't keep PT in a way that didn't hold back the indie pokes.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Anyone have any cool Mod friends that can name change? Cuz I don't go by Spam_arrows anymore :c

I go by God_luck:cool:
Spam_arrows is better.

This has been discussed to death, and I was one of the people on your side of the fence. So, if you don't want to go back and read all the many pages, then just trust me when I say that what PM has done is the best way to do it. Indy PK's have DownBs and vastly greater functionality to what would have been a subpar solution otherwise. It's a good thing.

jalued

Smash Lord
From the recent video of lucario, his new downB looks very interesting. I'm wondering though if the basic version should go into freefall when used in the air, as it seems to make his decent recovery even better.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
So, it kinda looks like Lucas has a few new moves? Can't really tell, since magus moves so damn fast, lol.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Am I the only guy who thinks he was talking about just adding Red in the background?
Though that has also been discussed:
We do not have a coder that would want to use the time to do that, nor do we hold much interest ourselves in doing that. And chances are, it would be a lot harder to get working that really isn't worth the time for something that is purely aesthetic.

ds22

Smash Lord
The closest thing to that concept would be adding him as a stage prop in the background (though that would mean he would appear at all time, even when none of the Indy Pokeys are used and that his animations would not be dynamic).

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Just pretend that they are wild pokemon guys it's easier to think that then ZOMG WE NEED POKEMANZ TRAINER?!
seriously, if I can get a down B for these guys at the expense of Red, So be it.
Great work you guys are doing by the way, Can't wait to try out these new characters whenever they are released.

Ecks

Smash Lord
If I were to select a pokemon through PT in the CSS, would he be in the background and would I keep indy down b? I'm just asking because sometimes I like to play with final smashes on, and apparently that requires PT, so yeah...

On an unrelated note, last night's stream was really good. I seriously like what you've done with Wolf and he definitely is a spacie! So beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom