• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Slowking should have been in Brawl >__>

It's not too late!
Real talk: The new Pokémon for Smash 4 should be Golurk. Smash could use a mecha character for once. It could also be the debut of Mega Golurk, which is basically Gipsy Danger.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I used the Master Ball on Moltres.
I know that feel. Also, I can respect where you're coming from. When I played those games for the first time I loved Mewtwo with everything I had, but one day while at the mall with my family I saw this huge pokemon truck with the logo "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" printed on it and I was excited beyond belief, I swore this amazing game was coming out. When I realized I was just a movie I was a bit disappointed but decided to watch it nonetheless. It was when I was halfway through the movie that I just was amazed with Lucario and wanted him so badly. Around that time I purchased Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Mystery Team and tried my hardest to find him because I heard he was in there somewhere, of course this wasn't the case, but regardless I put hours into that game as a kid just to get the lucario statue. Fast forward a bit and I get my hands on Diamond and of course I'm only looking for one thing, let me tell ya, when I got my hands on that poke I never wanted to let go of that DS. I guess my experience is the same as yours, but with different pokemon.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
True story - First playthrough of Pokemon Red, I got the Master Ball and immediately threw it at Sabrina's Alakazam.

Why? Because the game said "You can catch any Pokemon with it!"

...Liars. :(

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone have advice on dealing with Falco's lasers? Wavelanding on platforms seems to help but then if he doesn't approach there isn't much I can do from there.

I'm guessing I just need to get PSing down... is that the only solution? It seems pretty brutal. I'm doing okay in the matchup simply cause I punish hard and edgeguard well, but the neutral game I straight up lose. Admittedly I was going for shield grab too much and should have maybe just wavedashed OoS? Or rolled? Not sure. Advice on dealing with his shield pressure would also be nice.

Thanks for the help and if there's somewhere better I could be posting this, like maybe the Falco threads, I'll move it.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Yeah, while rolling is generally discouraged I find in very helpful vs spacie pressure. And yes getting PSing down is a must.

Vashimus

Smash Master
My first playthrough, I used the Master Ball on Moltres.
I used it on Mewtwo my first playthrough, but nowadays I always use it on Zapdos so I can have a strong Electric type early. Mewtwo just ends up collecting dust in the PC anyway,

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
You know, as much as I loved playing through my Red version time and time again it was basically left behind as soon as I got my hands on Gold version.
Generation II in my mind is without a doubt the best the series has ever produced.
I still to this day replay my copy of Gold on a regular basis.
It also has the best soundtrack of the series <3

Vashimus

Smash Master
Gen III is the best in the series in my mind, which is why so many later games try to emulate it, with the evil teams trying to capture the cover legendary and whatnot. Abilties, natures, double battles, Battle Frontier and revamped EV system also brought a lot more depth to the series. People like to crap on RSE's music for using a lot of brass instruments, but it just made it seem all the more epic, and it's easily my favorite soundtrack. The only downsides I can think of was that there was no visible night and day cycle because of hardware limitations and that you couldn't transfer your Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon from the Game Boy games.

Last edited:

Nguz95

Smash Lord
No Gen 1 love? We have missingo, gltich city, mew, and so many other endearing quirks that, in my mind, elevate Gen 1 to a more intimate level than the other generations.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Gen 2 the best Gen. On Gen 3 though alot of people hate on Gen 3 just because of all of the removal of night and day and being unable to transfer you gen 1 and 2 pokes to Gen 3 but I really like Gen 3 cause of the inclusion of soo many cool new pokemon and all of the new dragon and dark types.

For a Generation list my list is and this will piss some people off in a most liked to least liked order.

Gen 2/ Gen 5/ Gen 3/ Gen 4/ Gen 1/ Gen 6

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

Vashimus

Smash Master
No Gen 1 love? We have missingo, gltich city, mew, and so many other endearing quirks that, in my mind, elevate Gen 1 to a more intimate level than the other generations.
Gen 1 has a soft spot in our hearts until you actually replay it. FireRed and LeafGreen are better in virtually every way.

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
what the heckie do you even play. I think ROB maybe but then you also hate ROB I think

here's the most important tip: don't be a character that can be grabbed really easily. that is your only tip, gl
You should make an updated community tier list now that Apex has gone through and other tournaments that could change opinions! like how hungrybox won Gaming Knights tournament with Olimar!

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Lack of sleep actually has no permanent long term complications. After 10 days with no sleep, you could die due to awful reaction times, poor decision making or the hallucinations, but the lack of sleep wouldn't kill you, and once you started sleeping normally again, you'd be back to new eventually.
I'm sorry but this sentiment is so wrong, the implications of sleep deprevation may not be fully understood, but we do know that it can be very harmful. http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/important-sleep-habits?page=3. And they are VERY conservative with that list, REM sleep doesn't just roll over to the next nap, it can take weeks or even a solid month to recover from just a couple days. Sleep deprevation is being linked to everything from heart disease to Alzheimer's. Just do yourself a favor and get 8hours, if you don't think you can, figure out a way to make it work. You'll feel better now and later.

Also Third Gen of Pokemon was probably the most radically different and all around excellent to date, by far my favorite.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I'm sorry but this sentiment is so wrong, the implications of sleep deprevation may not be fully understood, but we do know that it can be very harmful. http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/important-sleep-habits?page=3. And they are VERY conservative with that list, REM sleep doesn't just roll over to the next nap, it can take weeks or even a solid month to recover from just a couple days. Sleep deprevation is being linked to everything from heart disease to Alzheimer's. Just do yourself a favor and get 8hours, if you don't think you can, figure out a way to make it work. You'll feel better now and later.

Also Third Gen of Pokemon was probably the most radically different and all around excellent to date, by far my favorite.
I do agree with you, but the effectiveness of time one spends sleeping also depends on the time of day and there is a phenomenon called REM-rebound, which is basically an increase in the percentage of REM-speel following (REM-)sleep deprivation.

You are entirely right though (sleep is very important for cognitive and physiologial functioning!); I just wanted to contribute by adding mechanisms that can possibly aid revovery from sleep-deprivation.

Pete278

Smash Lord

This isn't really the same as what I was talking about, though. Missing sleep for a long period of time isn't the same as not sleeping at all for a short period of time. I apologize for not being clearer with my statement, I should've said 'a complete lack of sleep'. Randy Gardner showed no long term complications for not sleeping for 11 days, for instance.

Regardless, I think we can both agree that there's no way lack of sleep, whether not sleeping at all or long term missing sleep, is going to kill you before starvation.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I do agree with you, but the effectiveness of time one spends sleeping also depends on the time of day and there is a phenomenon called REM-rebound, which is basically an increase in the percentage of REM-speel following (REM-)sleep deprivation.

You are entirely right though (sleep is very important for cognitive and physiologial functioning!); I just wanted to contribute by adding mechanisms that can possibly aid revovery from sleep-deprivation.
I believe REM-rebound is a coping mechanism which attempts to compensate for previous lack of sleep. You have to be sleeping consistently well to get the full benefit of your hours. I firmly believe that good rest is essential to growth and proper cognitive function.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Project Pokefeels thread v2~~

Gen 2 represent. It not only included -every- area from Gen 1 (other than the Underground and inconspicuous places) but also weaved in the story from the previous games and provided huge Gen 1 nostalgia trips. It was easily the most natural sequel of all the Pokemon games (other than B/W2 obviously), included some Pokemon actually intended for Gen 1, and was really the crowning glory of the original games. Gen 3 began a new era and a new age, and was great in its own respect, but Gen 2 is the game I can most comfortably say was the jewel of my childhood, only rivaled by Melee.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
True story - First playthrough of Pokemon Red, I got the Master Ball and immediately threw it at Sabrina's Alakazam.

Why? Because the game said "You can catch any Pokemon with it!"

...Liars. :(
Same story 'cept with Yellow.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Nobody has said anything about Diamond and Pearl yet. While I feel that they were in many ways unsatisfactory, they did provide a lot of current things I take for granted, like physical and special moves within a type. Plus, they added Garchomp, who happens to be swag to the max.

Bleck

Smash Master
Gen 2 of Pokemon is the one I remember the most wistfully, but Pokemon games have basically just been getting linearly better with each generation.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub

Gen 2 represent. It not only included -every- area from Gen 1 (other than the Underground and inconspicuous places) but also weaved in the story from the previous games and provided huge Gen 1 nostalgia trips. It was easily the most natural sequel of all the Pokemon games (other than B/W2 obviously), included some Pokemon actually intended for Gen 1, and was really the crowning glory of the original games. Gen 3 began a new era and a new age, and was great in its own respect, but Gen 2 is the game I can most comfortably say was the jewel of my childhood, only rivaled by Melee.

I couldn't agree more with you about Generation 2. I just loved everything about it - even more so the fact that they had two Leagues for the first time ever in the Pokemon series. When I found out about the second league I was beyond speechless. Hehe.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I couldn't agree more with you about Generation 2. I just loved everything about it - even more so the fact that they had two Leagues for the first time ever in the Pokemon series. When I found out about the second league I was beyond speechless. Hehe.
16 badges master race, everyone else just wished they had~

ValTroX

Smash Ace

Exactly my feelings. I remember when I first pick up Gold on Kmart, I got it on released date around 8pm, and I can still remember exactly where it was placed when I bought it. The concept of day and night was just amazing, and the fact that you could travel to Kanto after you finished with the league was just too good. To date G/S are my fav pokemon game, although I had a really good time playing my Y version, something that I've missed, because I liked R/S, D/P, B/W, but I didn't LOVE them.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
16 badges master race, everyone else just wished they had~
Y'know speaking of getting what others wished they had, I feel like a complete Pokemon nub when I say this, but I never really got trading. Especially in Pokemon Black when I actually tried to trade and people had requirements for Pokemon that wasn't even possible. It bugged me to no end ;-;

Top Bottom