• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SwagTrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Yo let me tell you a little story. I was lurking this thread without an account, enjoying the discussion, the debate, the lack of love and care. Then, I saw people talking about Pokemon. I love Pokemon. I play Pokemon competitively, so I just had to read, hoping for some VGC players. It was singles. I had to make an account to preach the truth. Why would you ever subject yourself to playing "StG" (Switch the Game, btw, for all those non-acronym types), when you could be playing VGC (doubles), the official (also where you can actually win money) format?

Okay, I can understand the counter argument; some people prefer the singles style and mind-games. It's the only format where hazards are viable, okay; I'll play then. But then you mentioned PokeBank OU, a SMOGON tier.

I would play singles, but how can you play a format where Blaziken is banned?

Do you people not understand how bad Speed Boost Blaziken is? Not ONLY is Focus Sash useless because, at best, he'll get off TWO MOVES (or one if one of the many mons that OHKO him decide to #yoloswag attack and bring him down to his sash), but he's so LINEAR. There are, at best, two sets you can run, and because this is SMOGON, we're gonna run 252/252/4 and be inefficient and get OHKO'd by everything.

Smogon's reasoning for banning this baddie is that he forces people to bring something to stop him or that he can sit at +1 Speed and +2 Attack for free. PLEASE tell me why that matters when the Smogon Special LO Speed Boost Blaziken with 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe gets bodied by everything and you don't actually have to have a "counter" on your team. Just bringing some popular Pokemon in Smogon's "OU" tier and you've effectively stopped Blaziken free. In a metagame full of Azumarill, Togekiss, Talonflame, and even Tyranitar (with an item to help him, of course, but you don't need to slap a Sash or Chople Berry on him just for Blaziken), I can't see this Pokemon being banned.

And Mega Blaziken? PLEASE. Even with the Attack and Speed boost you're wasting a mega slot on him because he's still made of paper and gets bopped by TWave, priority, TR, and giant hippos that generate sand storms. AND DIGGERSBY THO?! THAT MAN SLAPS THE **** OUT OF HIM BEFORE HE GETS +2 ATK. ALL YOU NEED IS A FOCUS SASH OR SCARF. LET ME BREAK THIS DOWN FOR YOU:

0- Atk Huge Power (DIGGERSBY) Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 324-384 (107.28 - 127.15%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even with a negative Atk nature, this man OHKO's standard Blaziken.

Now, I'm not saying Speed Boost Blaziken is free. Nah, he's a solid mon. But he is, in NO WAY, good enough to be put in an arbitrary "Uber" tier list. There are too many ways to stop him and any well-built team will have the means to stop him even if they don't take him into consideration when building. I think Mega Mawhile and Mega Kangaskhan are bigger threats than Mega Blaziken.

And while I'm at it, Mega Gengar is also not good enough to be banned.

#stopplayingSmogonrules #sleepclausesucks #ifyourwholeteamgetsputtosleepyouarebad #VGCbess #swag #freeBlaziken #swag #thegospelaccordingtotheswagtrain #classisfinallyover #backtoPMdiscussionSWAG

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Diggesrby OHKOs pretty much anything that's weak to ground. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Sash Magic Guard Alakazam existed in Gen 5 and Blaziken was still banned there. So I don't see what you're trying to prove by saying Focus Sash will solve all your Blaziken problems.

If you didn't have Azumarill or Talonflame on your team, chances are you rocked by (Mega) Blaziken, or sacrifice two or three mons just to bring it down with Flare Blitz recoil or High Jump Kick crash damage. And even then, Blaziken could just Baton Pass the boosts to something else if it can't sweep.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wow hype much.

Let's see, there's the parasol, the cloaking device, and.... What else is there? Lol those are the only cool items I can think of.

EDIT; Oh yeah, there's barrel cannon, flipper, and red shells. screw sttack seems unlikely because that would be a waste of time IMO.

SwagTrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
How does Diggersby OHKO anything with that base 56 attack stat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywDDWGyqhT4 - You're welcome. #swag #DIGGERSBYTHO

Sash Magic Guard Alakazam existed in Gen 5 and Blaziken was still banned there. So I don't see what you're trying to prove by saying Focus Sash will solve all your Blaziken problems.

If you didn't have Azumarill or Talonflame on your team, chances are you rocked by (Mega) Blaziken, or sacrifice two or three mons just to bring it down with Flare Blitz recoil or High Jump Kick crash damage. And even then, Blaziken could just Baton Pass the boosts to something else if it can't sweep.
Focus Sash literally only allows Diggersby to BOP THIS MAN FREE WITH HIS EAR ARMS. And are you serious? There are way more than just two Pokemon that deal with Mega Blaziken well. Let me break this down real nice and simple for you so you can comprehend it:

Garchomp
EVIOLITE GABITE*
Togekiss
Mega Charizard X and Y
Gyarados
Hippowdown*

* not popular but bodies Blaziken and Mega Blaziken FREE

Are just a few other popular Pokemon that are not only 2HKO'd by Blaziken AND Mega Blaziken, but if they decide to SD they dead. Obviously, one counter doesn't make a Pokemon not broke, but when you don't even need to account for Speed Boost Blaziken while team building means he's not something that should be put into a tier it doesn't belong in. If you have to account for him, you're bad at this game. #LOL #free

And while I'm at it, why does him having Baton Pass make him super-busted? Do people not know how to use other forms of speed control? Does Thunder Wave just not exist? Ninjask can baton Pass the same exact boosts, and he's not uber. PLEASE tell me how having Flare Blitz + Hi Jump Kick and 120 Base Attack suddenly makes him a Ninjask that's banned. They're almost the exact same Pokemon except Blaziken can be a threat offensively. How does that warrant a ban to ubers? Because of Mega Blaziken? Please, those same Pokemon I listed (which there are more of that can handle Speed Boost Blaziken/Mega) can also deal with his Mega evolution.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The only thing I dislike about Brawl bumpers is that they will always hit you exactly left or right instead of based on where you touched it like in 64.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What do you guys think of FE: Awakening? I am thinking of getting it, but I`m worried it might be bad.
Amazing JRPG. Not a good FE game.

A lot of the elements that make FE, FE, can either be negated or dumbed down severely until you get into the ridiculously stupid fake difficulties.

And I'm not even really talking from a "Grind your ass off" perspective, but rather just Pair Up and Second Seal that really make this less of a strategy game and more of a JRPG.

This only applies to the main story though. When you start doing the DLC Quests, then it's FE again...mostly. Pair Up is the single most broken thing about the game.

Fortress

Smash Master
This only applies to the main story though. When you start doing the DLC Quests, then it's FE again...mostly. Pair Up is the single most broken thing about the game.
Maxed out Gerome, paired him with Noir, and was able to send them into those end-game bonus missions that appear on the map, all by themselves. Nothing could touch the two of them. As far as difficulty in FE titles I've played, it's second to Sacred Stones, with the ability to just max your dudes early into the game.

And then, yeah, you've got the pairing system. It wouldn't be as easy if enemies could pair up.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Was what I linked also TAS'd?
Naw, but I had to have that shown to someone. along with...

Maxed out Gerome, paired him with Noir, and was able to send them into those end-game bonus missions that appear on the map, all by themselves. Nothing could touch the two of them. As far as difficulty in FE titles I've played, it's second to Sacred Stones, with the ability to just max your dudes early into the game.
The Future Past 1,2,3 , and Apotheosis will get you. :smirk:

I dunno, I tried FE: Awakening on Lunatic mode and I couldn't even beat the second level. Are you guys able to handle that without any problems?
Lunatic isn't even fair. I've gotten past it but it's not as much fun as it is frustrating. Most of the time even when you plan out everything right, you miss the enemy and it's GG or the enemy gets a 3% crit and it's GG.

It's ridiculous.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I dunno, I tried FE: Awakening on Lunatic mode and I couldn't even beat the second level. Are you guys able to handle that without any problems?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Lunatic and especially Lunatic+ are terribly handled in Awakening. It's probably one of the most hated factors about the game. I believe both difficulty modes can throw in units with randomized skills meaning all it takes to cripple a map is a warrior with Counter on him. Those difficulties are less about strategy and more luck-based than anything, Lunatic less so but still pretty bad.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Lunatic and especially Lunatic+ are terribly handled in Awakening. It's probably one of the most hated factors about the game. I believe both difficulty modes can throw in units with randomized skills meaning all it takes to cripple a map is a warrior with Counter on him. Those difficulties are less about strategy and more luck-based than anything, Lunatic less so but still pretty bad.
I remember trying to beat Chapter 1 on Lunatic without using Frederick...........I couldn't...........I couldn't do it......
Why must Hard be so easy, and why must Lunatic be so stupid?

D

Deleted member

i beat lunatic without DLC with no real problem. there were a few tricky chapters kinda early but if you're careful leveling chrom it's not a big deal.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think it's just Lunatic+ then that people hated a lot. It's been a good while since I've played 13.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Garchomp
EVIOLITE GABITE*
Togekiss
Mega Charizard X and Y
Gyarados
Hippowdon*

* not popular but bodies Blaziken and Mega Blaziken FREE

Are just a few other popular Pokemon that are not only 2HKO'd by Blaziken AND Mega Blaziken, but if they decide to SD they dead. Obviously, one counter doesn't make a Pokemon not broke, but when you don't even need to account for Speed Boost Blaziken while team building means he's not something that should be put into a tier it doesn't belong in. If you have to account for him, you're bad at this game. #LOL #free

And while I'm at it, why does him having Baton Pass make him super-busted? Do people not know how to use other forms of speed control? Does Thunder Wave just not exist? Ninjask can baton Pass the same exact boosts, and he's not uber. PLEASE tell me how having Flare Blitz + Hi Jump Kick and 120 Base Attack suddenly makes him a Ninjask that's banned. They're almost the exact same Pokemon except Blaziken can be a threat offensively. How does that warrant a ban to ubers? Because of Mega Blaziken? Please, those same Pokemon I listed (which there are more of that can handle Speed Boost Blaziken/Mega) can also deal with his Mega evolution.
You completely contradict yourself in the bolded statement. So basically you agreed with me, then say I'm wrong and bad at the game. Speed Boost Blaziken is something you did need to account for when teambuilding. If you didn't, you weren't getting far, I guarantee it. And I've used Garchomp on many of my teams since its introduction, and it does not counter Blaziken. High Jump Kick easily does at 80% at the least. Hippowdon takes nearly 50%.

Ninjask ALWAYS runs a Baton Pass set because that's all it does; it is not an offensive threat whatsoever. Blaziken can Baton Pass boosts, or Swords Dance up and sweep by himself. Having Speed Boost doesn't mean a damn thing fi you can't do anything with it yourself, which is why Yanmega and Sharpedo fare much better than Ninjask in the upper tiers despite not having boosting moves or Baton Pass.

Top Bottom