• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Still kinda wish link could get fire and ice arrows though

Fire, ice, and light arrows would be sick. It would give Link some crazy utility that he probably doesn't need, but I don't see it being a detriment to the character in the same way I see Ganon sword mode.

Fire could knock upwards for comboing, ice could have his current knockback, and light arrows could stun. This is insane, but it would be pretty hype.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Took me goddamn years to figure out that there was a way out of that room with the fally-bricks and spikes.
My issue with the dedicated run button is that it's a complete waste of control space. Afaik, the best control scheme has to leave out aim down. :(

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Thanks PMBR for removing that annoying ass space battle from Lylat Cruise. I know I mentioned removing it and others hated it as well, so thanks.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Wait, why do we care about this again? It's clearly not 3.0 or bees.

I know this makes me a terrible/stupid person, but I read that entire massive breakdown of the situation on reddit and still had no idea what was going on.

I've always had a grudge against twitch, though, cause I used to watch own3dtv back when that was still a thing, and twitch being better kind of drove them out of business. Being that I'm a salty nerd, I wasn't able to accept that and assumed it was because twitch was evil.

So if other people are saying twitch is bad, I'll throw my hat in with them. (I couldn't be more of a sheep!)

Bryonato

Green Hat
I know this makes me a terrible/stupid person, but I read that entire massive breakdown of the situation on reddit and still had no idea what was going on.

I've always had a grudge against twitch, though, cause I used to watch own3dtv back when that was still a thing, and twitch being better kind of drove them out of business. Being that I'm a salty nerd, I wasn't able to accept that and assumed it was because twitch was evil.

So if other people are saying twitch is bad, I'll throw my hat in with them. (I couldn't be more of a sheep!)
I would say it was more own3d not knowing how to run a business than it was Twitch being better. For a long time own3d was considered the better of the two (or at least that's how it came across in the moba communities). It was only until early this year that Twitch really broke out as the kingpin after own3d shot itself in the foot afaik.

Orion Edge

Smash Rookie
If you ask me, this whole Horror situation is entirely stupid.

I used to be a moderator on a website that essentially censored everything negative about the staff that was said because the admins had some asinine expectation of 'keeping the peace' and making the site seem like a friendly place for everyone to enjoy; it only served to pretty much piss off the entire community, and myself.

Needless to say, after confronting the admins, I was banned. Though, I probably could have handled the confrontation better, it would have ended the same.

Horror needs to just step down. He should realize that people are going to leave twitch for this crap. Or maybe he just plain doesn't care.

Remove Horror

Kappa.

/streammonster

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I agree that Horror's kinda stupid, but at the same time, the community's reactions have been just as stupid.

It's a good source of entertainment though.

:applejack:

Orion Edge

Smash Rookie
Oh, most definitely. It reminds me of a few ****storms that I've seen/been a part of (And was the cause of... teehee) on old, old websites.

This is better than most routines on Comedy Central, that's for sure.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
A thought:

Any plans to bring back Melee wireframes for Multi-Man melee etc?

edit: instead of fighting alloys i mean

Orion Edge

Smash Rookie
That'd be an interesting concept. I did like fighting the wireframes. Though I doubt it'll be easy, especially since it'd mean remaking the models from scratch (I think) and replacing the alloys, which seems like a lot of unnecessary work for something kind of minor.

Just my 2 cents though.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
That'd be an interesting concept. I did like fighting the wireframes. Though I doubt it'll be easy, especially since it'd mean remaking the models from scratch (I think) and replacing the alloys, which seems like a lot of unnecessary work for something kind of minor.

Just my 2 cents though.
well there are tons of brawlified Wireframe models for the alloys on brawl vault and I`m pretty sure you just have to give them character folders.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Everything is work, yeah, but polish is nice :) I'm by no means demanding they return, just curious and supportive of the idea.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of FE: Awakening? I am thinking of getting it, but I`m worried it might be bad.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you've never tried any FE games out, Awakening is a fantastic entry title to start with. Really well done tutorials, a reclassing system to get a good feel for all the classes, and lots of replayability. The complaints are centered around the game's pretty terrible balance (both class-wise and main game-wise), rather weak maps (something you won't pick up on as much if you're relatively new to the series), and a story that's pretty enjoyable at first but barren in the world-building department (Valmese just comes out of nowhere).

That being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and the soundtrack is wonderful.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
If you've never tried any FE games out, Awakening is a fantastic entry title to start with. Really well done tutorials, a reclassing system to get a good feel for all the classes, and lots of replayability. The complaints are centered around the game's pretty terrible balance (both class-wise and main game-wise), rather weak maps (something you won't pick up on as much if you're relatively new to the series), and a story that's pretty enjoyable at first but barren in the world-building department (Valmese just comes out of nowhere).

That being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and the soundtrack is wonderful.
the only FE game I ever played was Sacred Stones because of that Nintendo 3DS event a while back that got you free Gameboy Advanced and NES games.
I heard that the DLC was lazily done with all the characters from old games being made with the avatar parts, but I`m not much of a DLC person. From what you said it sounds like a fun game.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've never actually played with somebody who found it distracting and/or obnoxious. The only complaint that I have ever heard of the stage since 2008 is that the tilting stage messes recoveries up (no longer the case in PM).
For me it was one of the coolest stages in Brawl because you are ****ing flying through space as a huge battle rages. What's not insanely cool and flavorful about that?
I for one will just skip adding 3.0's Lylat Cruise on my SD card if its the case that they took out the space battle.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
There are too many legal stages. It pisses off tournament players and casuals who like the craziness.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
They removed the background on Lylat?
What did they replace it with?
Is it possible for me to mod it back in (easily, that is. I know nothing about computer stuff.)
Either way, of course they had to dull it down like they have done with so many other stages. But most importantly, that background had no impact. People need to pay attention to the foreground. Never heard anybody complaining about the background on other distracting on other stages >__>

I for one will just skip adding 3.0's Lylat Cruise on my SD card if its the case that they took out the space battle.
Same here if I can. Come at me bros.

There are too many legal stages. It pisses off tournament players and casuals who like the craziness.
I agree. I miss Brawl counterpicks...

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Just rotate the Sonic popsicle 90 degrees and it looks like whatever you want it to.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
They removed the background on Lylat?
What did they replace it with?
Is it possible for me to mod it back in (easily, that is. I know nothing about computer stuff.)
Either way, of course they had to dull it down like they have done with so many other stages. But most importantly, that background had no impact. People need to pay attention to the foreground. Never heard anybody complaining about the background on other distracting on other stages >__>.

You'd be surprised. Not that it affected me, but still >_>

Vigilante

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of FE: Awakening? I am thinking of getting it, but I`m worried it might be bad.
I would not say it is the best in the series from a gameplay standpoint (The map design isn't the most diverse), but from a content standpoint, it is very solid. It's fun and I spend over 672 hours on it getting perfect stats, lol. it is also more approachable, with permadeath having the option of being removed when first loading a new game and the ability to grind if you want it. Possibly one of the best games on the system so far, if not the best.

Also, Horror is too emotional and the idea of furry icons is highly unprofessional.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I don't recall us editing the background of Lylat Cruise at all. Only thing that we did to the stage that I know of was remove the tilting of the ship.

Top Bottom