• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Dear PMBR Members,

Thank you for actively balancing the game with tactful moderation. Thank you for being selective with potential membership candidates for the sake of integrity preservation. Thank you for redeeming my purchase of Brawl. Thank you for ending the tyranny of 2.5 Sonic.

Sincerely,​
Max​
You want something.
Is it money?

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Apparently I'm completely ignorant of the current metagame and I just need to get good because I asked if Fox and Falco should be slightly nerfed, even though I made it clear I don't think the two characters are super broken in PM. It's nice to see that everyone's open-minded in discussion.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
The spacies are fine as they are. They already got a slight nerf, let's not make it a trend. Deal with Ivysaur first.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I remember there being a set between Fly and someone else with Mango on the commentary. Fly lost a game and looked like he was deep in thought, Mango mentioned he had a PhD in Math, and then after he was done thinking Mango said his opponent was done. It was the funniest **** ever, does anyone else remember that video? I'm trying to find it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That is sincerely ****ed up and I'm especially pissed because I had been recently watching werster a lot.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

B.W.

Smash Champion
I still dunno how I feel about Samus getting more tools than she had previously.

Despite the fact that she was fairly solid in Melee and probably only really needed some minor tweaks to her character. Ice attacks having different stats than her fire ones just seems overboard imo. If it was aesthetic it'd be cool, but right now I dunno.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i don't get it
some guy named horror that nobody likes
something about furries
something about twitch
gonna need this **** spoonfed if you want me to care

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
As a Super Metroid lover, I for one am happy that Samus's switching weapons is represented further. Just please don't make me hold a button to run.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Horror was abusing power and causing massive amounts of drama and users were complaining about it. Any form of anti-Horror hate is being banned or suspended.

Basically, admins/mods on Twitch being ****ing assholes.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Horror was abusing power and causing massive amounts of drama and users were complaining about it. Any form of anti-Horror hate is being banned or suspended.

Basically, admins/mods on Twitch being ****ing *******s.
oh well that's ****ing stupid
where can I go to pretend to participate in the revolt while actually doing nothing more than typing on my computer?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Spreading where relevant. I personally shared this on the "Fight Cancer" page on Facebook but I can't for the life of me figure out why they banned me.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The least you can do is spread the link among friends whom enjoy speedrunning, fgc, smash, and/or other esports commonly found on twitch.

what bothers me is how they're reaching out to behind their site, ie reddit, to censor threads on the situation.

they're a pretty ****ing big deal in competitive gaming now. they need to act like it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I feel like being probably the biggest game-centered live streaming community would be more than enough reason to not be a stupid asshole in a role of power. I have no idea why they can't just admit that someone on staff should not be there in the first place.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
can't I just be apathetic and hope things I disagree with go away on their own
Ignorance is Bliss must be your favorite bedtime song.

...Bowser singing a person to sleep...Eh, I've seen weirder.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Hmm, I should probably do something with my time involving this. I've enjoyed competitive gaming streams too much to let the potential of it be dashed by some mod acting like a 12 year old on a Minecraft 360 server. You have no idea how much sleep I've lost due to a younger bro yelling "NO F*CKING GRIEFING N00B" to some kid in the UK. T.T

Edit: To take it back to the topic at hand, mass internet censorship by the people that should be promoting freedoms is pretty disgusting.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nothing wrong with being apathetic, brother. I almost give negative ****s myself. :applejack:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Even though it has little to do with the incident. I find it funny that Horror, who is the type to be oppressed for what he is, is doing the oppressing himself, for the same asinine reason that people like him are oppressed for in the first place.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Even though it has little to do with the incident. I find it funny that Horror, who is the type to be oppressed for what he is, is doing the oppressing himself, for the same asinine reason that people like him are oppressed for in the first place.
but i tell ya i bet he's enjoying all the attention he's getting
man just look at me, even I am pandering to his subconscious will

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wait, why do we care about this again? It's clearly not 3.0 or bees.
If you support the Speedrunning community and/or FG community, take the time to read/spread this.
something something speedrunning community something something unprofessional something abuse of power something staff acting in poor taste something censorship something something doing right thing

metroid1117

Smash Master
I remember there being a set between Fly and someone else with Mango on the commentary. Fly lost a game and looked like he was deep in thought, Mango mentioned he had a PhD in Math, and then after he was done thinking Mango said his opponent was done. It was the funniest **** ever, does anyone else remember that video? I'm trying to find it.
Are you talking about this video?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
A sword would have to be drastic. Changing beams is obviously only going to change a few moves, that's clear just by how Samus operates as a character.

If someone pulls out a sword, you don't expect them to punch or kick you. You expect a sword.

I'm not a fan of the sword mode idea simply because I can't picture a way that it wouldn't overshadow his current moveset. My understanding of Samus's beams is that the fire is better for comboing, and the ice has stronger hits. There's probably some other stuff, but I don't know of it yet.

I don't expect a relationship like that from a sword. I can only picture it having more range and being more powerful. The only downside to a sword I can think of is that it could be really slow, but Ganon's already slow. It just sounds terrible.

Just give Ganon a new neutral-B and some slight alterations. Then he'll be perfect.
Good point, although in TP Ganon does kick, elbow and punch, though admittedly not as often as using the sword, not sure if having only a few moves use the sword would make it seem unprofessional, but if it did then I would also be against it, I'm just not convinced that would be the case

I am by no means saying i think it's a necessity or that it should even be implemented, I just thought it was a fun idea to toss around

Still kinda wish link could get fire and ice arrows though

Fortress

Smash Master
As a Super Metroid lover, I for one am happy that Samus's switching weapons is represented further. Just please don't make me hold a button to run.
Took me goddamn years to figure out that there was a way out of that room with the fally-bricks and spikes.

Top Bottom