• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
How about... Use a Taunt to switch between ZSS and Samus while we're at it?
Or Zelda and Sheik?
Squirtle with no shades and with Shades...
;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Someone's clearly on Umbreon's account.
He's the only creature on this website that can hate harder than I. :applejack:

D

Deleted member

i give credit where credit is due, both positive and negative. having been the leader of the MBR, i can appreciate good decision-making when i see it.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
yo where are Fox's shades on taunt
I want to play as James
Hard Mode Fox with shades would be nice, even if they were breakable like squirtle's.

Sad memories of StarFox 64 when all my records and progress were deleted a few days after I got Hard Mode unlocked

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm very interested in seeing how character balance issues were addressed this time around whether it be Sonic being less castrated, Ivy hopefully not getting butchered, or commonly bottom tier listed characters showing more promise overall. I think the more glaring issues being resolved will be a tremendous help in making Project M grow in addition to the full cast being present.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm very interested in seeing how character balance issues were addressed this time around whether it be Sonic being less castrated, Ivy hopefully not getting butchered, or commonly bottom tier listed characters showing more promise overall. I think the more glaring issues being resolved will be a tremendous help in making Project M grow in addition to the full cast being present.
I'll be kinda bull**** if Ivy gets butchered without getting buffs elsewhere, when there are/were definitely better characters that her still

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't expect any either. The nerfs from before were more to break down an annoying precedent mostly.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Personally, I think the sword would be great, but I think it is far too early to be revamping a melee vet like that considering how few P:M Ganon mains there are developing Ganon's metagame. Unlike Samus' beams, the sword can easily overshadow fist based attacks by virtue of range and a disjointed hitbox alone. Without proper balancing, Ganon would quickly become unrecognizable.
That would all depend on how the sword moves are implemented and in place of which melee moves, as an example, the sword would change his f-air to a sword-swipe similar to Ike's Bair in that it's a flat horizontal slash, maybe covers a bit more range horizontally compared to Ganon's regular Fair, but it's got no real range vertically, so it's a slim narrow hitbox that requires more precision, but the payoff could be slightly more damage than Ganon's regular Fair

I'm just saying you can balance these things so his regular melee moveset isn't overshadowed, I'm also saying that I don't think it's hard to think of how to do it

And the sword would only change a small amount of attacks like Samus' ice beam does, I'm thinking Ganon's jab, Fair, Utilt or Usmash(one or the other but not both), Fsmash, dash attack, and maybe neutral B or up-B changed to the spin attack he does in TP

And I'm not saying all of those, maybe just a few, and the changes wouldn't have to be so drastic from his melee moveset so it could be more aesthetic

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
That would all depend on how the sword moves are implemented and in place of which melee moves, as an example, the sword would change his f-air to a sword-swipe similar to Ike's Bair in that it's a flat horizontal slash, maybe covers a bit more range horizontally compared to Ganon's regular Fair, but it's got no real range vertically, so it's a slim narrow hitbox that requires more precision, but the payoff could be slightly more damage than Ganon's regular Fair

I'm just saying you can balance these things so his regular melee moveset isn't overshadowed, I'm also saying that I don't think it's hard to think of how to do it

And the sword would only change a small amount of attacks like Samus' ice beam does, I'm thinking Ganon's jab, Fair, Utilt or Usmash(one or the other but not both), Fsmash, dash attack, and maybe neutral B or up-B changed to the spin attack he does in TP

And I'm not saying all of those, maybe just a few, and the changes wouldn't have to be so drastic from his melee moveset so it could be more aesthetic

A sword would have to be drastic. Changing beams is obviously only going to change a few moves, that's clear just by how Samus operates as a character.

If someone pulls out a sword, you don't expect them to punch or kick you. You expect a sword.

I'm not a fan of the sword mode idea simply because I can't picture a way that it wouldn't overshadow his current moveset. My understanding of Samus's beams is that the fire is better for comboing, and the ice has stronger hits. There's probably some other stuff, but I don't know of it yet.

I don't expect a relationship like that from a sword. I can only picture it having more range and being more powerful. The only downside to a sword I can think of is that it could be really slow, but Ganon's already slow. It just sounds terrible.

Just give Ganon a new neutral-B and some slight alterations. Then he'll be perfect.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Can someone clarify on something, should they have the info?
Does Yoshi have psychic-kid style DJC's? That's something I've always wanted for him, and it would be sweet if it's so.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Replace Ganon's FSmash with 64 Falcon's and remix it to fit him or even better, make it so that he pulls backwards a lot and then lunges forward when he performs the roundhouse. It'll be perfect because his Brawl FTilt now wouldn't look too similar so it makes the move stand out, Ganon effectively gains a different move from Falcon (even if inherited from him, Falcon doesn't use it now), and you give him an awesome grounded option to work with that has solid reach.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Replace Ganon's FSmash with 64 Falcon's and remix it to fit him or even better, make it so that he pulls backwards a lot and then lunges forward when he performs the roundhouse. It'll be perfect because his Brawl FTilt now wouldn't look too similar so it makes the move stand out, Ganon effectively gains a different move from Falcon (even if inherited from him, Falcon doesn't use it now), and you give him an awesome grounded option to work with that has solid reach.

I see Ganon's Fsmash fitting him more than Falcon's 64 Fsmash. His current Fsmash fits him pretty well as it is, in my mind. That said, I'm not overly attached to the move. It doesn't need to be changed, but I wouldn't be upset if it was.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I see Ganon's Fsmash fitting him more than Falcon's 64 Fsmash. His current Fsmash fits him pretty well as it is, in my mind. That said, I'm not overly attached to the move. It doesn't need to be changed, but I wouldn't be upset if it was.
I think he's suggesting that the ftilt be changed to Falcon's 64 fsmash, not changing Gannon's fsmash.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Nah, I'm referring to current FSmash being replaced. I might have worded it a bit weirdly, but I was pointing out that Melee FTilt and 64 FSmash don't visually look all that different (FSmash being more fierce), but with Ganon having his own animation for FTilt makes FSmash appear more unique in this regard.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I think he's suggesting that the ftilt be changed to Falcon's 64 fsmash, not changing Gannon's fsmash.
Replace Ganon's FSmash with 64 Falcon's and remix it to fit him or even better
Ganon ftilt is perfect. It doesn't need to be changed.

Edit: The only Ganon move that needs changing is Warlock punch. Hear my pleas! Also, ninja'd.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I love sparta kick and everything that it says about Ganondorf. I'd love to try a roundhouse FSmash out though. Maybe in my spare time I'll scrap an animation and appropriate hitboxes together and mess around with it.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Ganon only needs a few tweaks to be awesome. He doesn't need a sword... Also, changing him that drastically separates him from his Melee self too much. As one of the last tourney viable characters, the PMBR probably doesn't think it's a good idea to mess with him too much. With awful characters like Mewtwo, they had more leeway because there was only one person playing him at a mid to high level. Ganon, on the other hand, has gotten a fair amount of tourney use, which means that his playerbase is much more developed. This means that, in my opinion, Ganon probably won't receive anything crazy. A sword is too much.

Kati

Smash Lord
I think the new uptilt was all Ganon needed. We need more players showing what P:M ganon can do with his current moveset in a tournament.

But seeing mewtwo's hover did make me wonder.... djcing heavy character...

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I feel like I'm the only one who isn't a huge fan of the Brawl Ftilt. Something about it just didn't feel right to me.

The Project M Ftilt is so perfect. Ganon Boot is pretty much his best move.

If a new Fsmash had to happen, there are better options in my mind. Again though, it's not necessary.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Ganon has the Arty Vortex. He can't lose.

He also has the, uh, Headcrab Tsunami... Hungry Typhoon?

Edit:
I think the new uptilt was all Ganon needed. We need more players showing what P:M ganon can do with his current moveset in a tournament..
I'm actually going to my first tournament in a couple weeks. I've been training hard and I honestly believe Ganon can be great. While I'm doing my best to advance the Ganon meta, I'm pretty new and inexperienced, so it's probably going to be a little bit before anybody's impressed, ha.

Also, Ganon still needs one more thing: new neutral-B.

Top Bottom