• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
For those of you that have yet to check out this little gem collection of video game fan arrangements, Harmony of Heroes is out and it's some of the best vg remix stuff I've listened to in awhile. Check it here :linkmelee:: Wrong Link, wait....I guess they changed url's or something? I'm just getting a junk page at the address.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
With PP confirmed for Apex 2015, now I'm really looking forward for it, lol.

Truth be told, Apex 2014 was the first grand scale tournament I watched after starting to take Smash seriously. To think it was only a year ago.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
**** i was going to post a video of me bopping Zman with my smash 4 jiggs but it feels so lame after watching that top 8

oh @ Kati Kati the jiggs does look nice you're right. I changed it on mobile so i couldnt see it till now.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why do people keep saying PM has too many free combos
Too many is in comparison to what...? Melee?
Have you not seen melee falco or Melee sheik?
***** about them in Melee or ***** about nobody in PM
Also falcon's combos are pretty free on non-ffers

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I feel like I'm not improving at all or at least at a rate of like 0.1% per year. Played horribly in pm pools and definitely should have gotten third seed. Finally got some time to sit down and play a decent fox in melee and won like 4 out of 6 games with sheik. At least I felt some improvement there but it took so much focus to beat him lol

Just really mad that so many people are way better than me that have been playing for a year or so and I've been playing for a little over four years. :|

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Gfycats are so cool. I watched it frame by frame (it's 30 FPS for these right?) and saw M2K react to the drop through in 14-15 frames, but that assumes he actually picked up on the pre-airtime drop-through animation which is very short and hard to see, so if he didn't it would have had to have been 11-12 frames which is pretty ****ing fast to react with an uptilt.

Last edited:

wannabe33

Smash Apprentice
Really hope m2k doesn't lose faith in his Marth after that. I get he 3-0'd Mango with Sheik and only won two games with Marth, but he's way more hype to watch and I think has better long-term potential against spacies.

But damn m2k keeps gettin' killed by Falco.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I really wish we had a tourny viable F-Zero stage that used Harmony of Heroes' music because they seriously nailed that series.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm totally completey wasted

but listen to nmy words

this is the golden age of melee

in a year or two it will be bad

it will devolve into hax's sarcastic 20xx predictrion

melee is dying long live pm

Bazkip

Smash Master
I really wish we had a tourny viable F-Zero stage that used Harmony of Heroes' music because they seriously nailed that series.
F-Zero music is gahliek on its own so regardless of Harmony of Heroes this should be a thing.

Neutral Port Town Aero Dive, PMDT plz

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Mango is one with the cloud

He already did crazy stuff on that one tourney in Ohio or somewhere vs Armada

This time he did more stuff with that one time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKsaRJDCWt8&list=UUj1J3QuIftjOq9iv_rr7Egw#t=552

I also realized with ones of the matches in top 8, with the beginning frames of a Fox Uair I'm guessing trading offstage but killing Peach, if you know pretty sure an aerials gonna trade offstage, you could risk going for something that'll kill and trade that would normally have too much ending lag and kill you

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
This one isn't too bad:

The platform tilts slowly. The only thing I would change is the background. Moving along the road is almost cliche now, and it's weird ko'ing ppl on the bottom instead of bouncing back up. That, and the whole stage moves through a prop. I think if the track and city were just in the background it would be really refreshing for an f-zero stage.

I used to hate the mach rider song, as it was weird and prevented me from enjoying my f-zero tunes. Somehow I grew to like it and am working on my own arrangement now. Odd what 13 years can do for music taste.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm not improving at all or at least at a rate of like 0.1% per year. Played horribly in pm pools and definitely should have gotten third seed. Finally got some time to sit down and play a decent fox in melee and won like 4 out of 6 games with sheik. At least I felt some improvement there but it took so much focus to beat him lol

Just really mad that so many people are way better than me that have been playing for a year or so and I've been playing for a little over four years. :|
getting good usually means playing a ****ing lot, and i'm guessing you don't really play too often. it's not necessarily a bad thing though. thanks for playing me and good games all the same.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I play like an hr or so at least four days a week but that's about it. I don't really get chances to attend tourneys near me too often.

I knew you seemed familiar haha. Freaking misfires :p

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well here's one of your MM Saxophone.

EDIT: Also For Glory in a nutshell right now.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
More people should go Jiggs when they see a Mac, that crouch is godly against him. Good thing I mostly spam Dtilt since it's pretty much safe on block when spaced correctly. Approaching a Jiggs is suicide in itself for Mac to begin with, so playing patiently is absolutely essential.

I go Mega Man after my first game though if they stick around, so someone counter picking to Jiggs might be in for a shock lol.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Little Mac's left hook can take a man's life

his right hook can give it back

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I need to get a car.

I have the mightiest need to play against real, good people in project M.

Wi-fi will never satisfy and without some sort of GC controller there's no way I could netplay and even hope to stand a ghost of a chance.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Dude I commentated that match! Horse head 2 stronk
Oh yeah! I wanted to play you but I never ended up asking you at a time when we could; there's always next time, though.

I'm glad I played on stream to help learn how to deal with nerves, but oh man I was nervous both times; I was like shaking really bad lol. I was also doing really weird things; not recovering safely, throwing out Smashes randomly that obviously wouldn't work or messing up DACUSes that would make me do random D-Smashes and grabs, relatively risky approaches etc.

I can use my experiences to improve though. I had my first match ever this Big House where I truly felt that I was in control of someone else while playing against this really nice Ganon, I could read him like an open book consistently for the most part, it felt awesome.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Double Mac counter for Pika & G&W, lol. They can just spam smashes and not care about friendly fire with all that armor.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
M2K vs Leffen:
untippered dair to punish side-b > grab > forward throw > dair

pants off.
#unziplife

Edit:
I acutally did something cool in smash 4, I'm starting to enjoy parts of this game.
Duck hunt dog is the campiest little **** though.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What is the tournament stagelist for Smash 4 3DS? It seems like it's just Battlefield, Final Destination, and any other stage's FD form.
yoshi's island brawl is normally on, and some people are trying to push jank like tomodachi life or whatever. its pretty much just battle field, yoshi's island brawl, Walled FD and wall-less FD.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I missed the vast majority of TBH4 , but I saw the fiery time you appeared on stream Sax. Your Lucas got REKT in a money match against Lordy's Ike.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I missed the vast majority of TBH4 , but I saw the fiery time you appeared on stream Sax. Your Lucas got REKT in a money match against Lordy's Ike.
Yeah man, like I said earlier I couldn't even think from nervousness; I need to do more s*** like that so I don't choke in stressful situations.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Playing smash 4 for a long time has made my rolls godlike, it has changed my playstyle up in an awesome/noobish way lol

I legit shielded a boomerang, wavedashed out of shield, rolled behind Link and Dtilted him. I didn't even think about I just sorta did it automatically. Who new rolls could be used offensively?

I basically got better at pm through smash 4

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Top Bottom