• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Aren't people pushing for Prism Tower as CP? I mean, the platforms do move out rather quickly, but it's not like they kill or allow for elaborate setups.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
That guy really needs to take a Chillindude829 pill

Too many energems

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If he tried to shine after the shield break, Falco could have just held down/slid off the stage and FF to grab the edge instantly. Might have been able to do it to Dsmash as well, but would guarantee more damage regardless. I probably would have done Fsmash tho

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Why does chillin play wolf in pm when he's got one of the best foxes in melee. Does he prefer how wolf plays as a character, or does he think wolf is better

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
because chillin likes having fun

like, he's the wolf who needs to end every stock with a sideb sweetspot, even if he messes up the one-frame timing and falls to his doom. peak enjoyment

D

Deleted member

chillin has an all or nothing type of style, and wolf is a pretty all or nothing character with his side b

it fits just like how I'm a scrub and so is toonlink

Vashimus

Smash Master
It annoys me facing Shulk players in For Glory who wear the swimsuit costume. Not so much that he has it, but because Shulk's so scrawny, it looks silly.

Now what Sakurai should've done...

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
It annoys me facing Shulk players in For Glory who wear the swimsuit costume. Not so much that he has it, but because Shulk's so scrawny, it looks silly.

Sakurai should've went all in and gave us Magic Ike instead.

A few months ago I had a dream that Ike in smash 4 was just Channing Tatum with blue hair.

I think it would have kept me more interested tbh, already sick of it after a weekend

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Hey guys I need halp. I just got s4 today and I'm having some real discouraging trouble combining my sd card info. I thought you were just supposed to use your pc to manually combine the file folders, which I did. I made sure no files were replaced due to their matching names, either. But now my new 8 gig that has Sm4sh isn't finding any of my Mii Plaza data. :( What did I do wrong??

I don't want to sacrifice my 37 floor progress in haunted mansion just to have sm4sh...

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Hey guys I need halp. I just got s4 today and I'm having some real discouraging trouble combining my sd card info. I thought you were just supposed to use your pc to manually combine the file folders, which I did. I made sure no files were replaced due to their matching names, either. But now my new 8 gig that has Sm4sh isn't finding any of my Mii Plaza data. :( What did I do wrong??

I don't want to sacrifice my 37 floor progress in haunted mansion just to have sm4sh...
idk, i'm bad with that stuff. you could always just pop in the sd-card when you want smash?

Vashimus

Smash Master
And **** like that is the reason why I like buying physical copies of games whenever possible.

The high-tech voo-doo technology of today confuses me.

Bleck

Smash Master
So far my experience in Smash 4's For Glory mode has been;

1. Beat on scrubs repeatedly until they pick Little Mac in frustration.
2. Lose to Little Mac.
3. Quit and find another scrub.
4. Repeat.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
And **** like that is the reason why I like buying physical copies of games whenever possible.

The high-tech voo-doo technology of today confuses me.
This is nuts, i was almost certain the majority of smashers would dl their digital copy so to always have it on hand and not have to rely on having their cartridge in it all the time.

edit: This is absurd, the whole reason I bought it digitally was to always have both smash and my various deep-in mii plaza games, puzzle portraits etc on me 24/7- that seems perfectly reasonable; nintendo had to expect this and they're fing ruining it for me.

I'm posting in the 3ds thread to seek even more help cuz this totally bows my wingwang.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Oh, hi meimei

And vash, why are you using the bad dio, its common knowledge that dio brando is the better dio

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

2. Lose to Little Mac.
4. Repeat.
its hard to deal with dash attacks that are safe on shield, a character that has armor on nearly all of his ground moves, with like 15 frames of lag sitting behind him.
Hit him once off stage and he is dead, but reacting to recovery paths once again becomes that much more difficult when you have to make your guess 15 frames early instead of reacting in real time

Nothing is more infuriating that trying to approach duck hunt as jiggs. I will forever john about it.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You guys got a lot of Little Mac too huh?
There was a LM player on there that was way better than the others.
My MM and his LM went even until I won the last match and got DC'd.

First for Glory match was against a Falcon using the "Kage" tag and it was such a clutch match until I made the mistake of not assuming he'd reverse that Falcon Punch....

It was one of those errors that made me think "Oh ****!" right after I made the input.

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Oh Ike, your sword is so big.

Out of the way boys, he's mine.
Excuse me. But only ike mains can have him. now shoo

2. Lose to Little Mac.
4. Repeat.
What i do to handle little mac is a stand near the ledge, grab him and then throw him off stage, when he tries to recover then aerial him or just space an fsmash for his predictable side b recovery. Probably wont work so easy on actual good macs but against the average joe its working wonders for me

SpiderMad

Smash Master
They need to put BF into for glory. Does Smash 4 have shield dropping?

I also re-realized Math is half of Smash/Melee, all the mechanic formulas and such. It'd be funny to see a matrix green code looking Smash where the knockback/hitstun/shieldstun formulas are being displayed on screen and countdowns of your frames as you tech roll and run speed air velocity and such compile the entirety of your character. Like a super debug menu for the purpose of crazy matrix-looking aesthetics.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
They need to put BF into for glory. Does Smash 4 have shield dropping?

I also re-realized Math is half of Smash, all the mechanic formulas and such
yes, but its a super strict angle and if you go too far it buffers a spot dodge instead
the circle pad also sucks for trying to do it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
yes, but its a super strict angle and if you go too far it buffers a spot dodge instead
the circle pad also sucks for trying to do it.
Does the circle pad do anything better than the GCC control stick? Or any of the 3ds controls in anyway better at something than the GCC?

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Does the circle pad do anything better than a GCC control stick?
Obviously no lol

I personally play Mac first and if they an handle him well (as in not get almost JV 3 stocked) start playing my other characters, like Mega Man. Weeds out the people who aren't willing to play to learn lol and have the patience to deal with me. I'm also seeing a lot more people camp near the ledge finally, but I'm not one to approach lol.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've just been playing robin this whole time.

My performance is pretty much random...

Sometimes I'll do stellar and 2 stock and other times I'll nearly lose to up smash spamming links, and im just like "wow. what am I even doing."

Just using this control scheme is killing my gameplay every random match or so.

WTB > crouch out of dash

Just trying to use the sliding animation IASA frames has gotten me hit so many times just because when I try to make use of them, it literally gets me nowhere with robin.

And I'm too stubborn to just play the match to win instead of trying to learn new things.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Does the circle pad do anything better than the GCC control stick? Or any of the 3ds controls in anyway better at something than the GCC?
ummm for a game with no light press shoulders, i like the shoulder buttons more than the triggers

Top Bottom