• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Jesus.

Fought a jiggs that knew what it was doing.

It's hard to hit a proper jigglypuff as robin.

Either that or i need to git gud.

Probably the latter.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Jesus.

Fought a jiggs that knew what it was doing.

It's hard to hit a proper jigglypuff as robin.

Either that or i need to git gud.

Probably the latter.
Its okay, FD has always been jiggs absolute worst stage. theres no platforms, its long as ****, just camp her out, beat out her moves with levin sword, shield grab or roll away from everything and you're golden. Jiggs has to work harder in sm4sh than in pm -.-

Kati

Smash Lord
So what did people think of BH4 and PM? I thought the stage list was cool but didn't watch enough to get a feel for 3 stock matches.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It felt like the tourney organizer wanted to be rid of PM as soon as possible to get to Melee. Which is fine at a Melee event I suppose, but I hope this doesn't become a trend in the future. PM is meant to be 4 stocks.

Bleck

Smash Master
let's get the fun out of the way as soon as possible so we can watch Mango win at Melee again

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Its okay, FD has always been jiggs absolute worst stage. theres no platforms, its long as ****, just camp her out, beat out her moves with levin sword, shield grab or roll away from everything and you're golden. Jiggs has to work harder in sm4sh than in pm -.-
Some reason it doesn't feel like it.

Probably because I'm way better at PM though compared to smash 4.

#IterationJohns

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I think everyone is in a really good place in Smash 4, balance-wise - except Rosalina, who I think maaaaay be broken?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
My experiences in For glory so far have summed up to

1. NOT get the 3DS version
2. Wait for Wii U
3. Profit

:cool:

Also, I'm not sure if Leffen is just bad at the Marth matchup or if M2K's life obligation is to sweg on Leffen so hard before destroying him each time, but this was beyond awesome

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Leffen literally cannot beat M2K
He'll go to game 5 with mango but M2K is just going to wreck his ****

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
My experiences in For glory so far have summed up to

1. NOT get the 3DS version
2. Wait for Wii U
3. Profit

:cool:
But really tho, being high in the ranks in for glory seems rather useless. Might as well just wait for the wii u. 3ds limits your movement, you wanna do a tilt oos... games like NOPE you get a smash. I fought this Rosalina who literally just spammed roll, neutral-b, and jab... took a stock off of me. I JVed him but Ill tell you guys, that **** is frustrating. It almost went to time. I know ive only played the game for like 3 hours so my movement and stuff wont be at its best but damn! No way that should ever get that close. And im not bad either, 3ds is really just something different. I'll stick to the lab i guess.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Soooooo... how you guys doing in for glory mode? I've been doing fairly well, granted I haven't played much. Got bopped my first six matches but I've been winning most of them lately.

I also seem to be the only one that has never had trouble with Little Mac. I guess that's more or less a result of playing Shulk and his godlike range and power.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I was reading comments on reddit, one guy saying Brawl looked better than Melee because Melee looks like plastic. I can't get that out of my head when I look at Melee now. Maybe they actually are plastic, given their toys/trophies that came to life. In 64 though they were more like plushies

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I was reading comments on reddit, one guy saying Brawl looked better than Melee because Melee looks like plastic. I can't get that out of my head when I look at Melee now.
One of the things I love about Melee is everybody looks like they're made of play-dough. But then again, the characters are technically figures so it makes sense that they'd be made of plastic.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The best adult fighting game is the best kids video game that's based on the best children's recreational phenomenon of playing with their toys

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
yeah I remember thinking that they looked like plastic as soon as a melee fan boy started boasting about how all the cast looks so smooth. I try to make character textures that have a bit more colour than brawl, but I do enjoy the literal texture that brawl's graphics provides.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Soooooo... how you guys doing in for glory mode? I've been doing fairly well, granted I haven't played much. Got bopped my first six matches but I've been winning most of them lately.

I also seem to be the only one that has never had trouble with Little Mac. I guess that's more or less a result of playing Shulk and his godlike range and power.
I haven't had a lot of trouble vs little mac, just campy **** hunt dogs and Megamans. I played a "best of 9" with a megaman and half of them went to time.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I want to pick up both Falco and then Marth as equal to my Fox as mains in Melee.

Would that be too difficult? I still feel like I have a lot to learn, with both Fox and in general.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I want to pick up both Falco and then Marth as equal to my Fox as mains in Melee.

Would that be too difficult? I still feel like I have a lot to learn, with both Fox and in general.
Falco tech can be thought of as slower Fox tech, so the hard part will be learning how to recover as Falco.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Falco and Marth are both easier to play than Fox, so I don't see why it'd be in any way difficult.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Fox has the speed and kill power that Falco and Marth simply can't match. He's definitely easier to use.

For Glory isn't too bad, though I am playing cheap ass Rosalina.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
When I finally got technical enough with Falco, playing Fox just feels like Falco with the ability to move lol (like Mango says, running Shine is amazing and what I miss with Falco)

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I actually found a laggy for glory match. Laggy as in input delay, of like a whole second... im not kidding. You've never felt frustration before in your life until that happens lol.

Im prob just salty cuz most of the time to actually win in this (which could just be a smash 4 thing) you HAVE to roll, at least on the 3ds. And playing an aggro bait and punish game is not rewarded in the slightest, especially when you cant move properly. Rolling in and mashing buttons works better imo, which is infuriating and dumb.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx

I'd say I'm doing pretty well. Playing both Little Mac and Mega Man throws people off their game lol. I'm really starting to dig Pikachu though, I should play him a bit more often. I've been kinda sandbagging and playing Ike and Ganondorf these past couple hours for a challenge though since there doesn't seem to be a lot of competitive players on atm.

Shulk is considerably underrated. His UpThrow, UpTilt, and Fair are godly, and the rest of his toolkit has its uses. And you can really reach for kills with Air Slash. It's just getting in that is the hard part, and the reason that people don't think much of him.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I always found playing Falco way harder than playing Fox. Comboing with Falco is ridiculous and you get gimped easily. Plus it's way easier to convert into a kill into up-smash or up-air with Fox. I dunno.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I play Falco in smash 4 despite the nerfs get at me lol. In melee though Falco is easier than Fox but still technical while as Marth requires spacing alot.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

Balancing 3 characters is really hard. Balancing 2 is hard by itself, honestly just play fox or go fox/marth. The only things that falco has over fox in MU's is he wins the falco/fox MU like 55/45, and goes even with marth, while fox slightly loses on most stages.
Falco is also super lame, he cant move around like a cool dude like Fox and Marth can.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND

UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND

UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND

THE CONCEPT-THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I was just bout to post that Canon lol. But for real that is easily on the best alternative costumes revealed yet.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Balancing 3 characters is really hard. Balancing 2 is hard by itself, honestly just play fox or go fox/marth. The only things that falco has over fox in MU's is he wins the falco/fox MU like 55/45, and goes even with marth, while fox slightly loses on most stages.
Falco is also super lame, he cant move around like a cool dude like Fox and Marth can.
Mango believes at a high level it's even (Fox/Falco)

Also wth with Jet Set Sonic lol? These alt costumes are good viewed in a "vacuum", but if every character in PM has a ton with Blue Pirate wolf and such the games gonna start looking crazy. More crazy than it would be with cougar.

..Unless you guys managed to find out how to change his run animation per alt. cost. to actually be him skating (and thus do sick Moonwalks), then I can imagine you guys would do a Shadow one [ "This costume also features a little something extra, but you'll have to try it out for yourselves and see! "] hmm

Last edited:
Top Bottom