• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
Unless you already bought it, I would say stay away from the R&C HD collection and play the originals. Even then, I'd recommend returning it and getting the PS2 ones cheap.

Played through those games more times than I could count, and there are a lot of weird visual glitches and sound desyncs in the HD versions. I remember certain enemies also had some of their sounds changed from the original and that really bugged the **** out of me. Plus it got rid of some of the fun glitches, like the infinite bolt trick with the hologuise + hoverboard race trick in the first game.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The seeding for pm was really questionable imo
Florida once again have to fight themselves in loses early in bracket

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Now that I think about it, do we know if the "can't be grabbed after a throw for one second" thing applies to all players in a match, or just the player that threw you?
Would it really matter though? Throws are so strong, I can't imagine someone not landing at least a full second after they got thrown.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Do team sports have active metagames? Like any time my dad watches football all they talk about is how fast and strong and nimble and yadda yadda yadda the players are. Can you even have a metagame when your available plays vary by your team composition which changes year to year.

Also, I got that job. :) Orientation is Wednesday.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
You know, I am starting to notice a trend. Melee people have the same reaction towards Smash 4 as they do towards PM. If they don't like literally the closest sequel to Melee that will ever exist, then I dunno how they'll like anything.

Also Plup 9th place. That's still pretty ****ing impressive.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I mean, saying it's the closest game available doesn't mean it's remotely like what they want. Just because a tomato is the closest fruit you've got on hand to an orange doesn't mean you want it in your fruit salad.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I didn't say it's what they want. But to assume that we'll ever get anything closer to Melee than PM, whether by Nintendo or not, would be dreaming.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yeah Tink, but even after 3.5 changes a bunch of stuff to be closer to Melee in spirit, it's highly doubtful those players are going to like PM anymore than they do now.

They don't want to learn a bunch of match-ups and get styled on. They want their controlled metagame and I don't think anything realistically could please them.

Kidneyjoe

Smash Cadet
I dunno. I think it's sets like the one that just happened between M2K and Junebug that make them not like PM. I mean, I love PM and all, but I'd rather watch a thousand fox dittos than another set of that foolishness.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You know, I am starting to notice a trend. Melee people have the same reaction towards Smash 4 as they do towards PM. If they don't like literally the closest sequel to Melee that will ever exist, then I dunno how they'll like anything.

You finally started to see it as well. They are gonna be the bitter old men of the smash community and melee is gonna be the the ST/3S of smash games and insert my game is better here. I came to this realization long ago and we're not gonna get a game like it officially ever again cause it conflicts with Sakurai's design philosophy.

If smash 4 turns out to be a bad competitive game in the long run then it's a bad game but the opinion of a bad competitive game or a good one is subjective to the person and we should judge it as a standalone game and nothing else. If it's your cup of tea then so be it and if not then that's fine.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dawg just pray that they do a melee HD with some online play that it's not gonna be like Soul Calibur 2 HD Online that game was nothing more than a cash grab of using a glitchy version of the game outsourced to a EU online developer to save some money.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
people talk about a melee remake like there is even a possibility of it happening
it'll get a virtual console release and that's it

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

As a 20-years-plus Transformers fan, here's an analogy; they are the Gee/Genwunners of Smash.
Here's what I do when I think about it.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I feel lik sonic is a really fun character to watch in general. CEO was so hype. With a little recovery nerf, I think he'll be one of the most balanced top tiers in the game.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I dunno. I think it's sets like the one that just happened between M2K and Junebug that make them not like PM. I mean, I love PM and all, but I'd rather watch a thousand fox dittos than another set of that foolishness.
What happened? M2 vs Diddy?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
And that ladies and gentleman is why ddd is bad

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
DIDDY IS SO BROKEN

Too bad only one Diddy in the entire world consistently gets top 10 at any major.

Top 8 is filled with a whole crew of different characters and people still want to ***** and moan about Diddy. lmao

I guess we're ignoring Pit and Fox then.

Meanwhile in Melee majors at least three Fox players in top 8

Last edited:
Top Bottom