• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Aww I missed the FE: Awakening talk....
Anyway, part of the hype was that Awakening was one of the Fire Emblem games that came out internationally and was a huge improvement over the last FE that DID come out in English speaking countries. Shadow Dragon wasn't as good as the other localized Fire Emblems(It's nice to see Marth's story though) and it's improved sequel stayed in Japan, which had everyone on pins and needles over whether or not Kasukei(Awakening) was coming over or not.

I like awakening a lot, though it is easy to grind like mad, which you pretty much have to do in Lunatic and Lunatic + unless you want to rely exclusively on hax to survive things.

I beat it on Hard Classic and Lunatic Classic last year.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Aww I missed the FE: Awakening talk....
Anyway, part of the hype was that Awakening was one of the Fire Emblem games that came out internationally and was a huge improvement over the last FE that DID come out in English speaking countries. Shadow Dragon wasn't as good as the other localized Fire Emblems(It's nice to see Marth's story though) and it's improved sequel stayed in Japan, which had everyone on pins and needles over whether or not Kasukei(Awakening) was coming over or not.

I like awakening a lot, though it is easy to grind like mad, which you pretty much have to do in Lunatic and Lunatic + unless you want to rely exclusively on hax to survive things.

I beat it on Hard Classic and Lunatic Classic last year.
Loony and Loony+ are litterally just RNG optimization until you can get to DLC maps to grind your way to having a chance. Its so painful in those first few chapters though, I gave up really early.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Fire Emblem's hard as **** when you're trying not to lose units. Now it's like I can't get through the later chapters of Awakening on Normal without losing at least one person. I get too damn attached and soft-reset before eventually getting frustrated and quitting. Still haven't beaten it.

But then I see playthroughs of people playing on Lunatic with nearly every unit in tact so I guess I'm just bad.

Great game though.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Loony and Loony+ are litterally just RNG optimization until you can get to DLC maps to grind your way to having a chance. Its so painful in those first few chapters though, I gave up really early.
The first 5 chapters on Lunatic and Lunatic+ are called Frederick Emblem for a reason. ;)

Anyway, I got in the habit of never losing units and restarting the chapter when someone dies because of 2 reasons:

1 - Having someone die on small maps can leave huge gaps in your formation, which can leave your Lord/MU/Other Important Character open for being defeated, which means Game Over anyway.

2 - The Fire Emblem games don't tell you that certain non Lord characters need to survive in order for you to not get the bad ending.
For Example, Lilina and Fa have to stay alive for you to be able to unlock the last few chapters and not get the bad ending of Sword of Seals.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
there was a dude in a fedora on the MLG stream, he ran up to the camera and was like, "M'ELEE"

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I feel your pain Tinker. I almost lost my cool when I met Hylian and Strong Bad at SKTAR, but I had to keep it classy lol
Shame I never got to play them though.
I actually really wanted to play you hah. I didn't even get to do my lucario ditto money match with frozen :(, there was like no time for friendlies :/.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I like how Smashboards is advertising the White GCC for $38 when the new ones gonna come out at $30. Maybe it's automatic

I tried watching Yu Yu Hakusho through Youtube a year or two ago, after had enjoyed watching it a bit as a Kid. I got through so many episodes before the rest were taken down, then at the time I didn't care enough to use other sites and heard and felt that it got tedious as it went on to be so many episodes. Maybe I'll just find and watch the final episode to see how it ends.

Inuyasha on the other hand was also another show I was interested in watching more of that I saw as a kid, but my friend MaxThunder told me the Manga is good and I didn't read a Manga before so I read it... and eventually the whole thing. At this point there's an inner girl inside of me somewhere. After I read that though Ryoko mentioned Mermaid Sagas and that was really good too. Then I was reading his recommended Claymore and got bored, and overall didn't like the art style. Now I read OnePunch man every few months when there's new ones, even though it felt like it's gotten a little obnoxious after it introduced Hero rankings.

Another show I didn't get a chance to watch at all yet besides as a kid was Lupin The Third, and Trigun though I kind of lost interest in that one for some reason. Oh and Fooley cooley I saw like two episodes as a kid, I had no idea what was going on in that one.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Thank you, more stuff to talk about, inuyasha is also **** (unless meiling has anything to say about it, I cant contradict whatever my fav qt grill has in mind)

Fortress

Smash Master
This is magical

Had the displeasure of being walked all over by Blunted during Northwest Majors last month. Seriously, our whole set lasted about 1:30.

I like how Smashboards is advertising the White GCC for $38 when the new ones gonna come out at $30. Maybe it's automatic

I tried watching Yu Yu Hakusho through Youtube a year or two ago, after had enjoyed watching it a bit as a Kid. I got through so many episodes before the rest were taken down, then at the time I didn't care enough to use other sites and heard and felt that it got tedious as it went on to be so many episodes. Maybe I'll just find and watch the final episode to see how it ends.
Spirit Detective arc: Super solid.
Beast Kings arc: Very nice.
Dark Tournament arc: ****ING ARTWORK IN THE PUREST FORM~

Sensui's portion of the show is really nice, too, but the show comes to kind of a grind once you hit the Demon Kings storyline. Seriously, just watch until the end of the Dark Tournament, clean your pants, cleanse your palette with Sensui's plot, and stop there.

Let's be gentlemen here and talk about something I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet: JoJo's.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Death Note is great in how over the top it is, the characters are all very well characterized and overall pretty insane too. I love it for that.

I was inspired by you guys to find this alternative Director's Cut ending I had never seen before.

What makes it really cool is that

Ryuk is once again stuck in the realm of the gods, talking to a mysterious shinigami who sought him out to escape from the retched existence their kind must endure.

By his limp and gift of an apple we know this is Light reincarnated into a shinigami, he got his wish to be a god thanks to that incredibly high body count of his. But the cost he pays is that he's forgotten himself, now bored of a meaningless eternal existence instead of merely going back to nothingness.

The irony of it is delicious.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Death Note is great in how over the top it is, the characters are all very well characterized and overall pretty insane too. I love it for that.

I was inspired by you guys to find this alternative Director's Cut ending I had never seen before.

What makes it really cool is that

Ryuk is once again stuck in the realm of the gods, talking to a mysterious shinigami who sought him out to escape from the retched existence their kind must endure.

By his limp and gift of an apple we know this is Light reincarnated into a shinigami, he got his wish to be a god thanks to that incredibly high body count of his. But the cost he pays is that he's forgotten himself, now bored of a meaningless eternal existence instead of merely going back to nothingness.

The irony of it is delicious.
I already said it's ****, why keep trying so hard you pleb

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Had the displeasure of being walked all over by Blunted during Northwest Majors last month. Seriously, our whole set lasted about 1:30.

Spirit Detective arc: Super solid.
Beast Kings arc: Very nice.
Dark Tournament arc: ****ING ARTWORK IN THE PUREST FORM~

Sensui's portion of the show is really nice, too, but the show comes to kind of a grind once you hit the Demon Kings storyline. Seriously, just watch until the end of the Dark Tournament, clean your pants, cleanse your palette with Sensui's plot, and stop there.

Let's be gentlemen here and talk about something I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet: JoJo's.
Wait what, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_YuYu_Hakusho_episodes
so watch Spirit Detective and the one after it (Dark Tournament), then what "Sensui's plot?" I don't understand

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Wait what, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_YuYu_Hakusho_episodes
so watch Spirit Detective and the one after it (Dark Tournament), then what "Sensui's plot?" I don't understand
Whatever goes on directly after the Dark Tournament. Don't know what the name is, but it's got the humans gaining spirit powers.

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad nobody knows what goes on in FLCL.
When you break it down, it's a pretty simple coming-of-age story, really.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Whatever goes on directly after the Dark Tournament. Don't know what the name is, but it's got the humans gaining spirit powers.
Do you mean the start of the Chapter Black Arc which has
Sensui trying to break the Kakai barrier between the Human and Demon worlds?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Long list of replies inbound. Spoilered non-highlights.
@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er Marathon Mighty Max, IMO.Show is REALLY good.

Not that good always wins, though. Heh.
Mah man. Let's talk some Yu Yu Hakusho or Cyborg 009 up in here.
*Big O.
otherwise.
I apologize for asking, but I don't speak weebo. Soooooo?
Sasuga = as expected(IIRC). *As expected, crap taste.
tl;dr He was saying you like stupid stuff.
Hah.

Hungrybox needs to take ZeRo to the gym. Get him RIPPED. Walk down to a thrift shop and put some funk on his style.
Strength is not what allows someone to be the victor of a physical confrontation.

Technique, precision, and a complete lack of reluctance towards hurting/killing other people when the time comes is.
This is NOT something to take lightly, or make jokes about. No one makes jokes when someone is ground to paste by hand. Not funny concepts in any way whatsoever. Please stop.
CT | ZeRo % Body Fat
0% adipose tissue = your vital organs start failing in 48 hours or less except if you put on some fat. The more you know.
Completely relevant:

tl;dr if you train correctly to be like a mighty glacier, you'd look more like me:
than Schwarzenegger. That's me, roughly 335-6 pounds at the moment. Guess how much of that is lean muscle after years of training? hint hint, at least 240. Yes, I've got a bit of weight to drop./inb4someonepointsthatoutanyway. (Side note, I am actually REALLY fast[ran on the track team in high school! was mostly discus throwing/shotputting though], though my stamina is wack, so I'm more unstoppable force than immovable object, lol.)

So, train correctly, folks. And don't look for fights. Take it from someone who knows feuds.
Conflict is a meaningless cycle that no one should enter unless all else fails.
Be the voice of reason, not the one lusting for blood.
Hey what are you LOSERS talking about.
I'm insecure and sexually frustrated somebody fight me. >:{
Careful what you wish for.

Those hugs he gives are what cross the line from eccentric to creepy.

The Persona games are generally a bit more lax which I assume is to attract a wider audience (along with the lighter shift in setting). But the mainline SMT games generally don't mess around.
And then some.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ThatOneBoss/Atlus

BREAKING NEWS turns out people like potato chips so much because eating them is literally like sex
No u.

all ya'll's doki doki ain't oki doki
No u.

I wanna do this so bad. so so bad
Trust me.
No, you don't.
See http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConvectionSchmonvection for why.
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad nobody knows what goes on in FLCL.
Not even the characters.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

i want to become bear fighting buff

i have the fat part taken care of (2 easy) but not the muscle part

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I don't think Kink meant anything about fighting in his post

Just being fit

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Every dispute should be solved by Ganon dittos

Wars are just the greatest crew battles ever

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
In recent news: I watched Madoka: Rebellion the night before the first day of CEO. None of my friends or I have really figured it out yet.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
What you need to get is that it shouldve ended without that sequel (but it was inevitable since it was a trilogy) however, we got to see mami vs homu, that **** was good.

And I got to see kyouko happy ;-;

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Oh yeahhh, I'm still squeeing inside from that Kyouko/Sayaka ship confirmation. Made the whole movie worth everything. But I can dig 2x edgy HomuHomu. This ending definitively necessitates another sequel. If they don't give us one, I'm sure I'll find a good enough fanfic to satisfy me, though.

ETA: On second thought, I'll probably find a good fanfic or two even if they do release a sequel.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

you damn dirty weeaboos are you talking about OTP's now!?

(Meiling x Sakuya is the ultimate OTP)

Top Bottom