• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Nah, I was mistaken. He does talk about being tricked into colluding and tricked into thinking it was more acceptable than it is by people on his
>reddit

though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/28yc4u/clearing_up_and_possibly_changing_my_smash_wiki/
Eh I read it before and I have problems with it. Like he doesn't actually deny anything like he claims to be doing, he's just trying to justify his past actions. Still, the entire section about the whole Japan thing is pretty dumb because
A. Everybody gets drunk, and everybody accidentally goes overboard. I don't think this is that much of a deal and it really doesn't need to be said, otherwise Mango's page would be full of it.
B. I doubt it stained America's image. Maybe M2K's, but it's purely conjecture, especially considering the sake he got drunk off of was ones that he shared and offered to his hosts, so I can't really imagine they'd be upset about being offered sake. Plus M2K did pay back the ruined futon.
C. The part where he didn't bring enough money is apparently not true at all, so I don't know why that's even there in the first place.

But yeah, people on that reddit read M2K's paragraph as if everything on the wiki is false when in reality M2K's not really denying anything. That being said, I love M2K and he's one of if not my favorite player so I still believe that his wiki page should get at least some respectable editing since I imagine people would be quick to judge him preemptively after reading that page.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Which is exactly why they didn't need to make it easier -_-
Fair enough. Most hardcore Zelda fans call blasphemy on me, but I will never stop criticizing the Zelda games for not having difficulty options before you start a file (as in not being forced to beat the game once before options appear). I often start games right on hard (since games have gotten so easy these days), so a game turning out to be very easy with no option to change difficulties is a huge fault imo.

Have you played the Wind Waker HD on the Wii U? If you for whatever reason want to give the game a try again I would recommend it, since it allows you to start the game on Hero Mode, where hearts do not drop from enemies and the enemies do double the damage. Even for me, who's favorite is Wind Waker, the experience was far more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I always hate when games make a "hard mode" by just by doubling the damage you take from enemies and calling it day.

Ocarina of Time: Master Quest is way better at being a "hard mode" than Hero Mode is in any of the recent Zeldas.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Fair enough. Most hardcore Zelda fans call blasphemy on me, but I will never stop criticizing the Zelda games for not having difficulty options before you start a file (as in not being forced to beat the game once before options appear). I often start games right on hard (since games have gotten so easy these days), so a game turning out to be very easy with no option to change difficulties is a huge fault imo.

Have you played the Wind Waker HD on the Wii U? If you for whatever reason want to give the game a try again I would recommend it, since it allows you to start the game on Hero Mode, where hearts do not drop from enemies and the enemies do double the damage. Even for me, who's favorite is Wind Waker, the experience was far more enjoyable.
I like having difficulty options from the get go as well.

I love that Hero mode is available right from the start. I didn't figure it out until I got to dragon roost island. Didn't miss any big battles with it on though.

It's been hype.

I always hate when games make a "hard mode" by just by doubling the damage you take from enemies and calling it day.
So most RPGs.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Normally I would agree, but it depends on the game. I think it works for Wind Waker because some of the game's biggest faults in difficulty are your massive health and the game's generosity of sprinkling you with hearts everywhere.

Though I see you point. I'm not a fan of Master Quest for other reasons, but I do appreciate the effort of changing dungeon layout, pacing, and puzzle design compared to just changing some mathematical values (Metroid Prime trilogy is really bad with this; they just double the enemies health and call it a day if I recall correctly).

If you ask me, most RPGs should already be fairly difficult from the outset. Like Shin Megami Tensei level hard. Even Pokemon should step it's game up.
I've only played Persona 4, but that game had very good, balanced difficulty. Some of my family members are a fan of their other games, and they all tell me that they have very good difficulty as well.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
The Persona games are generally a bit more lax which I assume is to attract a wider audience (along with the lighter shift in setting). But the mainline SMT games generally don't mess around.

Of course I don't want every RPG being at Dark Souls level, but SMT just seemed like a nice baseline.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Thanks, but seems there's a stage changes list on ssbwiki. Should've googled beforehand.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
#googleisnotyourfriendbecauseimhungryandthirsty

I don't really know what his best matchup is.
But I think his worse matchups are Peach, Metaknight and Sheik.
After that Marth and prob Diddy.
Id like to make ganon at the top pls, when can I destroy asap?

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman

I'm the same way with difficulty, and I do wish Zelda would have a higher difficulty to select, and not just double damage

Thing is I'm not willing to pay for a game I didn't enjoy the first time so..... yea...... plus that's exactly the kind of increased difficulty I don't enjoy

Ocarina of Time: Master Quest is way better at being a "hard mode" than Hero Mode is in any of the recent Zeldas.
This

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Wow, all this talk of difficulty in Zelda games, and I'm just over here quivering about how I wouldn't care too much if the enemies were almost entirely removed. More puzzles and dungeons and especially puzzle dungeons plz. God I want to play ALBW so bad 2D Zelda dabess Zelda.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Really? My friends who haven't played ALttP said it was a blast, and my friend who has played (but does not like) every game has said the same thing.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
To me Zelda games are all about discovery and adventure. Having enemies obstruct your path makes the land seem that much more real and alive. It wouldn't be a Zelda game without enemies.

It's a real shame Skyward Sword ended up flubbing in a lot of areas. It really is a beautiful game.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
The game is extremely short and too easy. And on the off chance you do die, you have to RENT all your equipment back, so I hope you like grinding rupee.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Too easy? Are you saying that the dungeons had really simple puzzles and the bosses were all straightforward, or that you get OP at combat? I play Zelda games for the puzzles and adventure, not the difficulty of the combat. I played Runescape as a skiller for years, so it's safe to say I like grinding to a considerable extent. Considering these, is it still a bad game for me? Also, I loved ALttP, if that helps.

TheLostSabre

Smash Cadet
I find 2D Zelda games tends to be much more difficult than the 3D ones. It's probably why I enjoy playing them more.

Probably gonna start a Wooden Sword, 3 Hearts, and Shieldless TP run soon and I hope that challenge delivers.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Too easy? Are you saying that the dungeons had really simple puzzles and the bosses were all straightforward, or that you get OP at combat? I play Zelda games for the puzzles and adventure, not the difficulty of the combat. I played Runescape as a skiller for years, so it's safe to say I like grinding to a considerable extent. Considering these, is it still a bad game for me? Also, I loved ALttP, if that helps.
The combat's more difficult than the puzzles, and it's not very difficult to begin with. Dungeons are over in 10-15mins.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

but I'll probably still play it cause I haven't gotten to play a Zelda since WW

Bazkip

Smash Master
Sapphire master race (both Smashboards theme and Pokemon game)

Speaking of game difficulty, I just beat Rogue Legacy and holy **** New Game + is kicking my ass. I gotta step it up.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
SMT's difficulty is quite refreshing for RPGs honestly. I can't wait for the SMTxFE game to come out.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
If you ask me, most RPGs should already be fairly difficult from the outset. Like Shin Megami Tensei level hard. Even Pokemon should step it's game up.
Pokemon should get harder but that probably won't happen bcuz target demographic.

I think it's fine to have difficulty settings so people can play what is just challenging enough for them personally.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Pokemon should get harder but that probably won't happen bcuz target demographic.

I think it's fine to have difficulty settings so people can play what is just challenging enough for them personally.
Actually, the hard mode in bw was pretty challenging.

Stupid that you had to beat the game first, but hey, thats what ar is for

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i bought fire emblem awakening (its my first fire emblem game ever), and im playing it in casual mode, and started grinding, and i accidentally the whole thing, because Miriel is level 30 while everyone else is like level 14-15, and im only on the 5th chapter

also, chrom died and it went to game over, the **** is that ****, whenever anyone else gets exploded they just drop out

Fortress

Smash Master
i bought fire emblem awakening (its my first fire emblem game ever), and im playing it in casual mode, and started grinding, and i accidentally the whole thing, because Miriel is level 30 while everyone else is like level 14-15, and im only on the 5th chapter

also, chrom died and it went to game over, the **** is that ****, whenever anyone else gets exploded they just drop out
Never got the hype over Awakening, myself. Got Gerome maxed out just after I was halfway through the game, and he could 1-man every mission from then on to the final one. He was unstoppable when I paired him with Noire as a wife. Awakening suffered from the non-main quest grinding you could do to easymode the game similar to Sacred Stones on the GBA. PoR will always be the best title in my heart. Dat superb writing, the character development, the Black Knight rivalry. Plus all of that racial equality and save-the-world stuff.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just realized that any move that cancels vertical momentum can be used grounded out of jumpsquat.
My new favorite skill is making Roy jump and immediately do a grounded side B for maximum noise-making.

Top Bottom