• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Top 8 at Apex going 100% Roy; check.
Roy's Our Boy chant while in Top 8; check.
Ken combo on M2K; check.

Apex was a grand time, I'm really glad I made it out there. I will sleep well tonight. =)

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'm gonna use one feature
to complain about another

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
twitter integration might be a good idea

oh wait what the hell
I THOUGHT THAT WAS A SCREENCAP

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Top 8 at Apex going 100% Roy; check.
Roy's Our Boy chant while in Top 8; check.
Ken combo on M2K; check.

Apex was a grand time, I'm really glad I made it out there. I will sleep well tonight. =)
You did awesome, your matches were some of the most exciting to watch.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Sitting in my suite at APEX, a bit nervous about my games later.

Any tips guys?
Dr.PP might win Melee, you should pry bet a sandwich on him
Did you get the sandwich?

My sleep schedule grew bad and with school starting soon, so today I went with staying up as late as I could then sleeping and waking up at 11pm, so I should be able to stay up all of today and go to sleep at normal hours. Anyways Bamsey hasn't been on here for a long time and I kind of read too much of his posts and now I feel like I've been taking his place with long nonsense posts but I'm fine with that until he comes back.

Anyways so with that I just watched all of the Apex archive with top 8 Brawl then Melee. Skipped through a bit of the Brawl, but played the entire Melee portion. Brawl was decent, always watch the ADHD matches. For Melee I bet "a piece of candy" to my friend at a tournament a while ago that Dr.PP would win over Mango. I think I'ma demand a snickers bar but that might be pushing it. I knew Dr.PP was going to win for the longest time especially after I saw some matches from a recent tourney of him playing perfect vs Hbox while visiting the Falco boards to ask a question (and he replied and said he had a new mindset on the game, which he kind of says a lot but there was no doubting his mindset doesn't get worse. He was definitely doing his research too on other people's style which Hbox said on his reddit he doesn't analyze other people at all and just plays which is kind of lazy more than anything). Then on the other end, Mango on a blog he made for MIOM saying he's a father now and might now be into it as he would like (but he was also practicing wave landing on one of the podcasts or something, as well as D1 saying he was said he would be try hard Mango on the stream.) But with anything, he won EVO: so his spirit isn't ever as strong.

I always have super high hopes for these nationals, and even Hbox vs Armada two Apex's ago kind of felt right to me:
-But Everything was going totally right with Melee at Apex 2014 up until some stuff. Mango went Fox vs Dr.PP and even though he said on a stream that at a high level Fox is better in the Falco MU but lower level people think the opposite (along with for Evo mentioning going Fox since Dr.PP said you'll never beat me with him to make himself try the hardest). I always believed the opposite which probably most people do, and just a few days ago I was watching some Melee recordings years ago from my friend's camera recording the TV of his Falco beating my Marth and others (besides him being better in tech) which basically cemented myself to main Falco as well (not that I regret it or anything, you just kind of see things when your a noob that years later turn out to be that way). But anyways yeah, Mango might have been fine waiting to the final games to go Falco (in which case like most chars but especially Falcos you gotta have the mindset right away to out-Falco another Falco main when you haven't been going Falco until then, especially on FD), and he may have even been fine to do and go into Losers since he'd come back: but that's where it got bad cus at those tournaments a while ago M2K beatem, and he needs close to his EVO spirit to otherwise not have that happen again. Anyways it was turning out to be awesome until that moment I guess where he went Puff, which most people like Umbreon would say don't bust out since he hasn't played her in years,but on the other end M2K might have been use to Hbox's style and got caught off-guard but anyways it's a bad realizationish moment for everyone like Isai coming up to play Captain Jack: but not that extreme or anything.

So I knew Dr.PP would take Apex, but I kind of wanted Mango to win if he had enough spirit in him and he didn't risk too much things, so it'd be an amazing battle. So losing to Dr.PP with Fox was already a too big of a risk, although his comeback would have been super sweet and make the tournament amazing. But that risk turned out to not be worth it and he needed to not to lose that as he played M2K and his spirit wasn't enough to beat'em, and I felt like the tourney was kind of blown because M2K's even lower charisma lost to Dr.PP (and I don't blame him, although Umbreon suggests he go straight Sheik and cut-out the Marth: which did feel like his chance although slim cus it's an unstoppable Falco and Sheik on Ps2 would be idk). So I was feelin shattered, and M2K brings your hopes back up at GF a bit but you know it's still done. And that was it, Dr.PP won and you enjoy it but hope there will always be another tourney to set things right: but as Armada stops entering others may as well or worse their charisma is just gone anyways so you always wish the best for the tournament. I just wish I would have bet a sandwich instead of candy.

May we continue the Nametag-Storytime?
Well my name.. Hmm..
Perhaps you all heard about the best cartoon ever made in human history, Invader Zim. And if you don't, just watch it. All of it!
Well, Invader Zim got about 28-ish Episodes, before it got cancelled...(due to it's pure awesomeness!)
And in one of the last episode, 25 or 26, they introduced this huge badass character named Sizz-Lorr, who was damn important for the story line!
And as a little kid, new to the internet, your nametag has to sound like the coolest on the block, so what is more badass than Sizz-*******-Lorr?
I actually don't remember that character/episode, I may have not watched the last few episodes. Have you ever read Jhonne Vasquez's JTHM comics? In highschool my friends were enjoying the comic especially for happy noodle boy, and it's overall really sick but it's still got enough of the defining stuff from him that he had in Invader Zim to entertain.

Also about tags, I didn't have one even after meeting back up with my friend and finding out he got into the game competitively as well. As he recorded the TV with a camera he decided to differentiate himself with a tag so he just put Tbag for himself and I went without one: which idk if he would use in tournament though since he got too busy to play and long stories hopefully he gets back into Melee and PM. Anyways I still hadn't thought about a tag much besides going to my first tournament just using my name, up until registering myself online for Project M demo v1 after I had upgraded from Dial-up or something. It asked for a tag and I heard Wifi sucked so I just put MAD since I'd not be enjoying the lag, and somehow I went with it and it started to sound more like an actual tag than an emotion. Then I was registering for Smashmods while I had been on the PM IRC for a while and Pinkie_Pie suggested I either go as Batmad or Spidermad, and I went with the latter.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
well alrighty then, STORY TIME

once, I used tumblr. it was a shameful time and I do not recommend it

BUT. at one point I was following an artist I liked, and at one point someone complained to them b/c of shipping (b/c it's fuqqin tumblr why wouldn't they be), and at one point a phrase that was used was

"my love is complex and canon"

and I found this hysterical, if only because it sounded so flirty, so I kept telling people "hey there, I'm complex and canon [wink]", in which I then used for a twitter name temporarily, which I then used as a twitch name when trying to keep similarities

and then when I had to shorthand it, complex sounded boring and normal, so canon it is

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Hylian fanboying it up over Sethlon since before Apex started, it's p cute

I still haven't watched all of Top 8, but good stuff to everyone that made it out and repped PM, I think Apex did a good job on opening people's eyes to just what is possible!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
lmao y'all are nonexistent

6'6" master race, I stole the height of the smash communtity, fear me

TreK

Is "that guy"
well alrighty then, STORY TIME

once, I used tumblr. it was a shameful time and I do not recommend it

BUT. at one point I was following an artist I liked, and at one point someone complained to them b/c of shipping (b/c it's fuqqin tumblr why wouldn't they be), and at one point a phrase that was used was

"my love is complex and canon"

and I found this hysterical, if only because it sounded so flirty, so I kept telling people "hey there, I'm complex and canon [wink]", in which I then used for a twitter name temporarily, which I then used as a twitch name when trying to keep similarities

and then when I had to shorthand it, complex sounded boring and normal, so canon it is
Canon happens to be a French word for "beautiful". Thought you might want to know :V

My nickname ? It's not even the official one. My peeps know me as Trekiros, or Trek, and have for about 5 years now. I'm just way too lazy to change it. IIRC, Teneban was just me putting random syllables together on my keyboard until something catchy came up. Nothing too original haha. And the story behind Trekiros is much longer, and much less interesting. That is to say how unworthy of your time it is :V
But in case you're wondering, it involves a mix of Air Gear fanboyism, unoriginal trekkies who kept stealing my Air Gear nickname on every forum and game, and FF8-obsessed guild leaders on an MMO.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
My name comes from the fact that I was watching a tech video while signing up here. The names I use in other places were taken, so when the guy said "Converter cart" in the video, I said to myself "That might not be a bad name" and went with it.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
What new tags do you guys have in mind?
ParadoxiumRu3ls
Paradoxium2.0
UltimateParadoxium
PARAPARADOXIUM
CoolParadoxium
MetaParadoxiumMeta
Strong Paradoxium Bad
DoxiumPara
DrinkingParadoxium
DongHammer
Paradoxium Dragon
Paradoxium2King

Imo those are the coolest nicknames you could possibly use over the internet

Last edited:

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
I hate my tag too but i don't know what else it would be and it's too late to change it since hundreds of people know me now
I thought I was being cool when I picked mine as a kid. I think I spent all of 10 minutes choosing it.

"Blade..ya no one will use that as a gamer tag.."

NOOOOPE.

Stuck with it now.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I like my tag and it's a progression from older tags.

It went from Seventeenth -> Juushichi mainly, but I have an alternate tag for Melee/PM, which is Nisemono in Hiragana. It's the tag I mainly use in tournaments, with the exception of some manner of DRB tag.

Nisemono meaning impostor or fake, since I'm still a fraud. Probably still won't change it to Honmono whenever I'm finally not a fraud, lol. Nisemono just sticks, I think.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
ParadoxiumRu3ls
Paradoxium2.0
UltimateParadoxium
PARAPARADOXIUM
CoolParadoxium
MetaParadoxiumMeta
Strong Paradoxium Bad
DoxiumPara
DrinkingParadoxium
DongHammer

Imo those are the coolest nicknames you could possibly use over the internet
You forgot the coolest of them all, good sir.

Paradoxium Dragon

What new tags do you guys have in mind?
Surprisingly enough, a few other people on the internet use Sapphire Dragon as their name, so if it's not available to me on a site I use Sapphire Ryu instead. This is especially common with things like skype and other large network IDs. Ryu is dragon in Japanese so it's the same thing. It's my gamertag I use on Smash, actually: S.Ryu. :p

Last edited:

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
My tag is from the toy/board+cardgame Z-Gear. It's my avatar. Back from childhood, used to use our imagination, play made up stories with a bunch of action figures. The 3 from Z-Gear were always lead in some way. I used a few different tags when I started needing ones for gaming. When my friends who lured me into the Melee scene back in '04 pushed me to commit to a tag, I selected this one from my rotation. It's really stuck because I ended up committing so much attention to Smash. I'm really fond of mine because it's personal and nostalgic. (Also it's fun to yell and hype up like it's some sort of goofy superhero. I'll yell it, and do a pose making some sort of 'V' shape, like something from the Ginyu Force (DBZ). It's like light-hearted trash talking.)

Also also, KoreanDJ was in fact on stream with CT. Hopefully the vids come up soon. I'm not in a position to fish for the times on the stream archive right now.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I used to play MapleStory and I new class of thief was released and I really wanted to try it out. I already had two characters and I couldn't think of any great names, so I did the "This is how you make a band name" thing and put two random words together that I thought were cool. Ended up naming him BetaToast. I liked the name so much I started making spinoff names of this; AlphaCupcake, DeltaWaffle and then I fell upon OmegaMuffin and thought to myself

I'm a freaking genius, this will be my name for everything

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I misread Kaillera as Kalleria, and decided "that sounds like as good a name as any." Used it for a long while, until a friend greeted me by saying "Kally Wally! Kally Wally Shilly Shally." when I entered a Skype chat she was in. I've been Kally ever since.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Reposting this in here since the other thread will probably be locked before long.

I just really liked Super Mario RPG and was a naive 13-year-old. 5 just looked right next to it.

Would that I could, I'd go with PopcornBunni since it's what I use on everything currently, and my tag in smash is バン2.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I thought I was being cool when I picked mine as a kid. I think I spent all of 10 minutes choosing it.
Stuck with it now.
Did it have to do with Zoids though like your avatar? Did you play Zoids: Battle Legends on Gamecube like I did? Feline robots is the kind of thing PM needs, or a cougar.
My tag is from the toy/board+cardgame Z-Gear. Hopefully the vids come up soon. I'm not in a position to fish for the times on the stream archive right now.
There's nothing that comes up when I search Z-gear on google, I've never heard of it
P:M is DK is good i saw o-o a few of them on stream.
Yes, except against Ness Sheik Pit and kind of Marth.
Hashinemo GuruGami Tekken 5 Super deluxe Yushamushashimisama
>_O anime ppl
I use Sapphire Ryu instead. This is especially common with things like skype and other large network IDs. Ryu is dragon in Japanese so it's the same thing. It's my gamertag I use on Smash, actually: S.Ryu. :p
What about dragon in Spanish

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
You forgot the coolest of them all, good sir.

Paradoxium Dragon

Surprisingly enough, a few other people on the internet use Sapphire Dragon as their name, so if it's not available to me on a site I use Sapphire Ryu instead. This is especially common with things like skype and other large network IDs. Ryu is dragon in Japanese so it's the same thing. It's my gamertag I use on Smash, actually: S.Ryu. :p
It's very true Ryu does mean dragon in Japanese. Speaking of gamertags before I changed mine, it used to be Ryushi Original, 'cause someone got the Ryushi before I could, even though it was a bit odd where my nickname of Ryushi even came from . . . So I won't share that now, but feel free to ask.
Current Gamertag is Bitterbub.
Soooo ORIGINAL.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Reposting this in here since the other thread will probably be locked before long.

I just really liked Super Mario RPG and was a naive 13-year-old. 5 just looked right next to it.

Would that I could, I'd go with PopcornBunni since it's what I use on everything currently, and my tag in smash is バン2.
I feel horrible that I never got out of the damn sewer in that game. >_<

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
OH are we talking about tags? >.< yayayayay
Well I got mine from my everlasting love of the Pillsburydoughboy, and dope (Discrete optimized protein energy, not the narcotic guys >.>). So I became Pillsburydopeboy.

Top Bottom