• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are forgetting the single worst thing about Delfino: The un-sweetspot-able ledge on the main travel platform. **** that ****.

EDIT: un-sweetspot-able isn't the right word. Since it has no collision from bellow, recovery moves that can't be canceled with a ledge-grab have a tendency to go straight through it. Absolutely terrible for chars like Ganon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did he suggest any changes they could implement instead?
Not to me, although he's a pretty thoughtful person so I wouldn't be surprised if he had some suggestions. The conversation mostly shifted to how a lot of the melee low tier heroes don't like their respective renditions for Project M. So like I don't like Zelda, he said DJ Nintendo doesn't like Bowser, etc.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
orpheon is aight, only massive thing it needs IMO is a change to the Up/Down platform on the first transformation. That **** slaps the hell out of everyones recovery

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I'm all for having more stages that aren't silly, but I think the stage-list for tournament play is already perfect. No need for more stages, in my opinion.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Not to me, although he's a pretty thoughtful person so I wouldn't be surprised if he had some suggestions. The conversation mostly shifted to how a lot of the melee low tier heroes don't like their respective renditions for Project M. So like I don't like Zelda, he said DJ Nintendo doesn't like Bowser, etc.
Mmm, I see then. I know Axe likes Pikachu now, but not sure how V3ctorman likes Yoshi or really any other melee heroes.

May be there could be a thread made where only PMBR and melee heroes can post, and they can have discussions there? I know some already work with PMBR, but a thread might be more of an incentive for those who don't, if there are any. It would also be nice to see some suggestions posted by the melee heroes. Either way I'm sure something can be worked out.

Bleck

Smash Master
Is it possible, via modding, to add in extra music? Not to replace a song, rather, but to add one into the game.

I change a lot of the music in the game, and one thing I've always wished was that every character had their own victory themes (that I could change).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Mmm, I see then. I know Axe likes Pikachu now, but not sure how V3ctorman likes Yoshi or really any other melee heroes.

May be there could be a thread made where only PMBR and melee heroes can post, and they can have discussions there? I know some already work with PMBR, but a thread might be more of an incentive for those who don't, if there are any. It would also be nice to see some suggestions posted by the melee heroes. Either way I'm sure something can be worked out.
Vectorman was playing really awkwardly at Apex. I don't know if it was a reflection of him trying to play Yoshi like Melee Yoshi but with Jump OoS, or what, but he was fishing for fair meteors like he just finished a trip to the bait and tackle shop.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I agree, @ Sashimi Sashimi (though I wouldn't complain if there were more). I'm more trying to prove that some stages are currently not viable for a competitive setting.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I don't get it. From what I understand PM Mewtwo was made with Taj's input. Are tweaks he thought would work before not as effective as he anticipated? Also, not all low tier players are unhappy with thier PM tweaks. V3ctorman is pretty satisfied with Yoshi. I can understand not being happy with Zelda or Bowser, but Mewtwo feels very good at the moment. If Taj is unhappy then he should get back in with the PMBR and see what he can do. They are offering him a chance to create a better version of a character he loves, after all.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Would anyone else be for completely scrapping the current Zelda design, just to see if we get something better in the end?

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Would anyone else be for completely scrapping the current Zelda design, just to see if we get something better in the end?
YES. I would love this so much. I hate fighting against Zelda so much in this game. It's infuriating that her F/Nair gets Falcon Punch-like damage at its sweetspot.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I dont want zelda to get scrapped and re done.
Same here unless she gets 1.0 Din's Fire back then wouldn't mind. I miss Ganon flame choke being untechable back then with Wizard foot oh man I made people rage with that also I made money with Ganondorf so I ain't complaining. :troll:

EDIT: Give Zelda a gun.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
The computer link in OOT grab just did a taunt where Navi came out and said "hey listen". Clearly this blew my mind and I can't seem to be able to do it myself as link. How is it done?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I need ideas for a youtube channel about gaming (with some degree of comedy) with friends. I suck at finding good names, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
There's some misconceptions about the kind of outside PMBR involvement pros, like Taj, had opportunities to play with PMBR and proxy their input like that. They have the opportunity for input, but don't get to see the rest of the process. We certainly place a certain amount of value on pro input, like Taj, but he also certainly wasn't the Omega on M2 design.

But we are getting a lot of great data and feedback on mewtwo all around from the community. So that's great.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
How about we leave Zelda as she is? I think she works great in PM. Maybe make Din's a little easier to nullify though.

And for a name how about the one mentioned above or Vigantilicious

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
zelda's not sweetspot lightning kick is still lame as **** tho

I need ideas for a youtube channel about gaming (with some degree of comedy) with friends. I suck at finding good names, so I figured I'd ask you guys.
any name you come up instantly loses to ours huehehehehe

Vashimus

Smash Master
I tried teaching my little cousin Smash years ago when he was younger, but he got interested in chess instead. I saw little trophies in his room from tournies he's been to, and asked to play some sets with him and show me how to get better. Now he's got me hooked too. Crafty little f*cker.

Top Bottom