• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
^

I loved watching Apex when I could, but I heard quite a few issues it was having

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I've had my name since I was 8. I liked Sapphires, and I liked dragons, so hey, why not put the two together? 12 years later... still the same, no need to change. :)

Also... I change my avatars too much.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I've had my name since I was 8. I liked Sapphires, and I liked dragons, so hey, why not put the two together? 12 years later... still the same, no need to change. :)

Also... I change my avatars too much.
YOU MEAN YOU AREN'T ACTUALLY A DRAGON?! So many let downs today....

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
I hate the new google maps, takes 2 minutes to load on my mediocre computer.

Lmao that's so Fly, pun not intended. wi

Do you ever visit IL?
I actually haven't. It probably wouldn't take a lot once I get around to my drivers license haha. Until then I'm kinda stuck in the MN/WI area.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
My name's a cross between spacetime and the Time Mage class from FF5/FFT. I decided it sounded better with "time" first. I picked it back in high school (2002) in response to my friend's tongue-in-cheek persona "Statica Mage" who could manipulate static electricity. Since then, Time/SpaceMage has been on multiple social board role-play stories and has even cameoed on the tabletop webcomic Prepare to Die.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I don't think my pic has been an actual dragon since my first one in 2009 when I joined. (Edit: Other than Mega Charizard X) :p That said, this pic represents me, as Thunder Edge is my favorite weapon in the game and Shiranui is my favorite character... hence "Shiranui of Thunder" as my status. If anyone hasn't played Okami before, don't get curious about Shiranui, major spoilers :)

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
oh cool, name origins

i got mine when i was like 10 or 11 y/o, i use to play a lot of street fighter (and thought was good) on ps2 with a friend of mine, who would get super salty cuz i would constantly beat him with my life bar intact, he started saying that i was cheating bc i had a "sixth-sense" i've used the name ever since for everything video-game related

plus i really like the sound of it

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Apex was so much fun for me even though I got knocked out pretty quick from both PM and Melee.
Shoutouts to standardtoaster for playing friendlies with me, awesome guy. Also shoutouts to Strong Bad for almost taking that money match from KDJ today, real close Ike dittos.

D

Deleted member

Did you get to play any Ness mains?
I played NZA for all of 1 match before we got kicked out and he won. I wasn't particularly impressed by the character though in terms of ability, I think it was more of my inexperience with the match and that NZA just outplayed my person for the 2nd half of the match. He just had better placements than me in his moves, waited when he was supposed to, etc.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
My name seems like it has a really deep origin story, huh?

Well...it doesn't...I just thought of it one day and it stuck.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like Zelda >_>. BAM NAME ORIGIN.

Seriously though, had to think of a name for Jedi Outcast online play when it came out, I was like 12 or something and made my tag Hylian_Jedi because I used light force powers instead of dark ones. Dropped the end later on and have used this name for everything since.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Ooh name story time

I used to play the Command and Conquer series as a kid. Tiberian Sun came out and had online. I needed a username and being the clever, arrogant child I was, and it being a war game, I decided on Warchamp. Then I tacked my age at the end for added coolness.

~15 years later here we are

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
My name was one of those cheesy/stupid answers in the back of GameInformer where they had the little quiz thing from what had to have been like.... 5+ years ago? I just use Y4RS as the tag though, the whole thing is a mouthful.

I also played Yar's Revenge on a legit Atari at my friend's house last year and it was actually pretty legit. The only reason Bzzy is my tag in that clip is because that's my nickname so I used that for friendlies and ****

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
When I signed up for a Minecraft account, my username was Greenzero. But that was already taken. I tryed to think of good alternatives, and GreenMunchkin just sounded neat to me. THUS MY NAME WAS BORN.

PS: I would probably go back and choose a different username now, but I am already GreenMunchkin on so many sites that it just isn't worth it. Plus, I kinda like the name GreenMunchkin, it's grown on me.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Does anyone have links to KoreanDJ in Project M? I really want to see him
I don't think he showed up on any streams in PM unfortunately, he got knocked out of bracket pretty early on.
The only ones I can confirm that were recorded were the money matches he had with Strong Bad and JCaesar yesterday, but that's about it.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
It's been a while since I've logged into my account.

I remember the earliest incarnation of this game- when it was simply Brawl with fastfalling and wavedashing. It's come a long way now, hope to see videos of Apex.

D

Deleted member

We never got a chance to play. Now I don't know how to make the samus matchup unplayable :(
i think i over-rated how many TVs would be open for free play. i figured i'd get to play friendlies all weekend when i mostly just didn't play.

Sizzlorr217

Smash Cadet
May we continue the Nametag-Storytime?
Well my name.. Hmm..
Perhaps you all heard about the best cartoon ever made in human history, Invader Zim. And if you don't, just watch it. All of it!
Well, Invader Zim got about 28-ish Episodes, before it got cancelled...(due to it's pure awesomeness!)
And in one of the last episode, 25 or 26, they introduced this huge badass character named Sizz-Lorr, who was damn important for the story line!
And as a little kid, new to the internet, your nametag has to sound like the coolest on the block, so what is more badass than Sizz-*******-Lorr?

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Kinda funny how people thought the topic of the moment was name origins, and then the prophecy kinda just fulfilled itself. At first someone was called by the wrong name, then PP was brought up in regards to winning Apex, but another person assumed they meant he had an awesome tag......or did I miss something?

Anyways, a Yeerk is a parasitic slug-like creature that crawls inside your ear and flattens itself out on your brain, controlling every faculty but your thoughts. It describes me pretty well. From the greatest series that ever existed about teenagers using the power of animals to combat invading aliens.

Top Bottom