• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I found a few players here in eau claire who want to get into the competitive scene. The university of Minneapolis will also start hosting tests and tourneys every month and they're about 1.5 hrs away. 2014 is going to be a great year

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This year is gonna be good for smash I can feel it. I even came outta smash retirement cause of Project M 3.0 and all the new faces that scenes are gonna see so I will try to grow these young bucks towards the right path hoping that smash 4 is decent at least.

In other news do anyone know if they are uploading the AGDQ2014 speed runs on youtube cause I really wanted to watch Star Fox 64 and Fire Emblem runs?

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Once I get a Gamecube controller I'm going to start entering any tournament I can. Though I'm still having trouble picking a main. Maybe I'll just be the new Azen, :joyful:couldn't say that with a straight face.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
In other news do anyone know if they are uploading the AGDQ2014 speed runs on youtube cause I really wanted to watch Star Fox 64 and Fire Emblem runs?
the fire emblem run already happened (it didn't finish though, he went way over estimate)

Star Fox 64 hasn't happened yet. It should be in about 2 hours.

they always upload them all, eventually.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I challenge Toaster-san (that japanese honorific was probably incorrect but screw the rules, I have money) to a gif off!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm going to have to miss sf64 : ( i'll need to watch it as soon as it's uploaded, so i can see how my highscores compare to the runner's!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Stats aside, Flareon's got that puff going for him but Leafeon is Da bes Eeveelution.

Jolteon's actually my least favorite appearance wise.
Which tends to make things awkward for me....
My favorite is Umbreon, which makes things amusing around here. I dislike the look of Sylveon, but I still want to try the lil guy out.

Burnsy

Smash Lord

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I dont really understand. I get how tables are written in code but I really don't want to rewrite all of my data. The way it was before I was able to copy and paste the table directly from excel. Does that no longer exist, or is there some other automated import solution?
Just do a find/replace on [td][/td] and replace with |

That's how you break up cells now.

Keep it all inside [table] tags though

TreK

Is "that guy"
PW's clone engine seems more user friendly, but I suck at hacking. If that's the case, could it be possible that P:M switched to that engine so that people could use custom chars more easily ?
If adding characters to smash becomes as easy as a drag and drop... Well that's a whole new era of console modding that this guy just started (not like it would be a first for him lol). A friend of mine on fb said this would basically be SSB Mugen lol

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
PW's clone engine seems more user friendly, but I suck at hacking. If that's the case, could it be possible that P:M switched to that engine so that people could use custom chars more easily ?
If adding characters to smash becomes as easy as a drag and drop... Well that's a whole new era of console modding that this guy just started (not like it would be a first for him lol). A friend of mine on fb said this would basically be SSB Mugen lol
I'd rather either have someone else make a fan-made version of Project M with this new clone engine or wait until the PMBR adds in the five characters they can with this clone engine (which I doubt they will do) before switching to Sonic 06's load times engine.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The PMBR is never going to modify their code for the sake of making it easier for you to modify it.

TreK

Is "that guy"
fair enough.

(it would push back PAL version a couple years further anyway, so I ain't even mad)

Revven

FrankerZ
It's unlikely to switch to it simply because everything is already set up and works just fine with the current engine the mod uses. Plus who knows what PW's code hooks into in the Wii's/Brawl's memory, it could cause several thousand conflicts with existing codes that make PM what it is -- certainly not worth the trouble and headache.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
My favorite is Umbreon, which makes things amusing around here. I dislike the look of Sylveon, but I still want to try the lil guy out.
Sylveon looks so awkward out of those evolutions, but it grew on me. It's pretty powerful ingame too.

I still want it in Smash 4.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
this guy. this guy. holy crap, this starfox 64 guy. i feel so bad. i'm terrible. why did i even think i was good at this before.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
this guy. this guy. holy crap, this starfox 64 guy. i feel so bad. i'm terrible. why did i even think i was good at this before.
I feel the same. I will now go cry in a corner then watch his speedruns and world record attempts.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
*sigh* I'm missing out on the games I really wanted to see (Yoshi's Island, Battletoads, now starfox 64) on the bright side all runs I've seen were awesome...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You ever just want to reply to something so badly but don't because of the imminent retaliation post?

/socialthread

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I once watched a Speed Run of Kirby's Adventure, while playing and starting around the same time that the guys who did it did. I won in the little race I had.

Top Bottom