• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Edit 2: Paradox guy, you wouldn't bake cookies with your GF? What kind of logic is that. Doing activities with your girl is not "being on a leash", it's called a relationship. Everyone knows how it works: you go do that thing you probably don't care about, she gives you hugs, then in the car ride back she starts disrobing while the "Pina Colada" song plays. No self respecting man likes that song, but *****es love that song.

I have *no idea* what I'm talking about but you are a very, very silly man
my only girlfriend was imaginary, she did everything and anything i commanded, i cant imagine all the problems a real girlfriend would create

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh my god, you have a developer ribbon

That's the only ribbon I've seen that Hylian does not have

Consider yourself an important person
Warchamps a boss, I'm staying away from that ribbon lmao. Don't want to break the site into a million pieces.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
hylian I will never not be eternally miffed at that ICs gif you have in your signature

what in the heck is going on with that aspect ratio

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian I will never not be eternally miffed at that ICs gif you have in your signature

what in the heck is going on with that aspect ratio
Idk, want to make me a new one? :D. Someone made it for me awhile ago from my brawl days. The samus one is left over from my melee days. I need to get on a PM one.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I feel keen on just doing a loop of that ICs infinite big d found (? except it might just be a modified version of something in melee iirc)

also: are the PMBR banners supposed to just be red banners with "------------" on them? is this an in-joke I'm missing or
e: changed themes, banner works proper. smashboards amethyst doesn't show the banner properly, I guess

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
also: are the PMBR banners supposed to just be red banners with "------------" on them? is this an in-joke I'm missing or
Uh...what? o.O

Edit: What skin are you using?

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
>Playing Smash
>Have a Girlfriend

Pick one

I picked Smash, because Captain Falcon is the only thing giving me boners these days
I'm currently in the process of teaching my girlfriend how to play competitive Smash. We also met playing Brawl at a mutual friend's house. Just gotta find the right one.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
There's maybe 3 female units in my semi-local Smash scene. You guys gotta work to bring the hype to both genders.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Are they Cyborgs from the future, ready to enslave the male population?

I mean, you called them units

Paradoxium

Smash Master
There's maybe 3 female units in my semi-local Smash scene. You guys gotta work to bring the hype to both genders.
It's just that a lot of girls are uninterested in gaming, and they are treated so differently in these types of environments. And our use of language doesn't help either, I agree we should at least try and bring hype to both genders

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
It's just that a lot of girls are uninterested in gaming, and they are treated so differently in these types of environments. And our use of language doesn't help either, I agree we should at least try and bring hype to both genders
That's not entirely true, at least not from my personal experience. I've known a lot of female gamers, some of whom do play semi-competitively... online. Most girls dislike showing up at tournaments because of the misogyny and **** jokes that run rampant through the competitive fighting community. If people stopped treating girl gamers like freaks or perfect angels just because they play video games maybe they'd come out to play more often.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sethlon, I legit read that as "Dallas called, she wants her spoon back"

I'm really tired don't judge me

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Nothing that any of you are talking about is more important than this
He sure can wear that fedora without looking like a douchebag. The greatness of this scene almost makes up for the very strange premise of the Moonwalker Genesis game, almost.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
He sure can wear that fedora without looking like a douchebag. The greatness of this scene almost makes up for the very strange premise of the Moonwalker Genesis game, almost.
A white suit and matching professionally tailored white fedora is a very different style than a college kid in a Magic: The Gathering T-shirt wearing a black one.

If people really want to go with the "casual but not slacker" kind of hat, the bowler is the go-to option.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Thanks for watching, everyone. Really appreciated the tips you gave me, Umbreon. I can't wait to get matches in at apex. We'll probably stream again tomorrow night assuming nothing comes up

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
don't forget cargo shorts

i swear what a bunch of ****ing plebs holy ****. the fedora or trillby must be worn with a fine tailored suit with shoes to match not just tacked onto your camping trip get-up with shirts aflame, naruto headband, fingerless clothes, and plastic kunai sticking out your fat rolls. helps if you dawn a professional and/or mature look to begin with

also, if you're interested in a woman who possesses a tumblr account, plays videogames, or both, there's a high chance that woman possesses mental/emotional issues that you will drive you as crazy as they are. highly recommend you back press the eject button.

though shout-outs to the grills those who meet the tumblr and vidya criteria and have a good head on your shoulders. very rare breed

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If people really want to go with the "casual but not slacker" kind of hat, the bowler is the go-to option.
I wouldn't say I like that hat. I'm not normally a hat person but certain smashfests/tournaments have annoying lighting or sun from a window and wondered about getting a cool indoor hat. Nothing will save you from tourneys hosted in the COD glass lunchroom as the sun goes down while your playing a match though
http://www.nora.com/typo3temp/pics/02-DuPage-lg_d6e64df147.jpg

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say I like that hat. I'm not normally a hat person but certain smashfests/tournaments have annoying lighting or sun from a window and wondered about getting a cool indoor hat
There are plenty of sun/shadehats to be found at thrift stores. I have somewhere between thirty and fourty kinds of hats and head accessories gotten at very reasonable prices. Not that I make a point to wear them all in a cycle or anything, but it's nice to have options.

I have no fedoras or even bowlers, and I own a single baseball cap: One with a 1-Up mushroom on it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Wearing an entire safari hat indoors would look weird though, unless I decorated it wish Inuyasha patches

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
USA
USA
USA

If you want to learn something, the public library is downtown for free. Being "taught" as a passive receptacle of information does not solidify or apply that information for purposes other than regurgitating facts back out onto a test.

Acquisition of knowledge is not the goal of college, it's the goal of third grade.

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That FZero-GX run was the best of AGDQ so far by a good amount :).

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Oh boy. I get through EV training 5 perfect Pokemon, prepping to go get EXP and finish the night by leveling them all to 50.
Girl I like sends me a message saying that her friend's boyfriend is in town and that he wants to hook up with her sometime, and she's gonna go for it. She knows it bugs me and I can't really understand why she'd decide to tell me something like that, and go to bed.

Now I get to spend the rest of the night feeling crappy and I don't even understand fully why I feel the way that I do. I was making sandwiches before I got the news too, and now I don't even want to eat them.

I need Smash distractions.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
USA
USA
USA

If you want to learn something, the public library is downtown for free. Being "taught" as a passive receptacle of information does not solidify or apply that information for purposes other than regurgitating facts back out onto a test.

Acquisition of knowledge is not the goal of college, it's the goal of third grade.
But how will you ever convince anyone that you know things? money doesn't just appear when you learn things
Clearly the best way is to rack up nearly 100k in debt

I'm looking at at about 20k a year in debt ever since I lost my full-ride. Would be more if I wasn't moving off campus back in with my parents
That's just tuition/fees. Only half of it is even tuition. the rest is interest. Why is this **** ****ing allowed
i guess you could say "well ya dumb **** shouldn't have lost your scholarships"
but what about all those other people who never got them? Not everyone had the foresight in high school to know to try
and some people have inhumanly low motivation :(

Top Bottom