• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'm 24 in a month. I attended my first Melee tourney when I was 14.

Oh how the time flies.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh we're doing ages now... great.

Well I'm 28. An old man by smash standards. Me and JCaes reppin' for the gramps.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Ooh, video games live is taking place here tonight, maybe ill check it out

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
24 here. I started in 05, entered my first tournament in 07.

Competitively, my first gaming tournament was 12. I also used to compete in martial arts tournaments as early as 7.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I am 40, went to my first tournament when I was 32, I just happen to look cute so no one has suspected me yet.

metroid1117

Smash Master
23, been playing Smash with a competitive interest since I was 14 and my first tournament was MLG Chicago 2006 :).

Needless to say, I got DESTROYED lol.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Omg, am I really that old? I'm 24... @_@

I'm the youngest one at work, but I'm an old fart on smashboards. I dunno how to feel about this.

Naggy

Smash Cadet
NNID
OfficialFelon
23, never attended a smash tourney but I'd like to get involved in the community. I've had an interest in the competitive scene since a little before the first Project M demo was released. It's actually the reason I even learned to play melee competitively.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I've been aware of the competitive smash scene since 07 and have tried to play competitively since then, but unfortunately I have never been actually been to a tournament. :( I have heard of zero tournaments anywhere near my home town in NY, but then again I guess I wasn't really looking back then... I really want to go to Collision 8 this January with my friends to see if I'm actually good or not, or if everyone in my hometown just sucks.

Ginge

Smash Ace
23, never been to a tournament except ones at my college. Never really bothered to learn to play competitively due to not wanting to take the fun out of the game for myself. I want the ability to play against my friends from home without handicapping myself.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I am 20....i feel like im the only one not legal drinking age. I have never been to a smash tourney but have been playing in the competitive sense since i was about 17. One day I'll try to attend a tourney here in GA that isn't so dang far. But, for the time being i just play with my friends, my brother (alot whole lot better than my friends), and the cpus

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pulled this all from my song list for my BRSTM setup:

Luigi's Mansion (Dracula's Castle)
Mushroomy Kingdom: World 1-1/1-2 (Metal Cavern)
Mario Circuit (Peach's Castle)
Bridge of Eldin (Hyrule Castle)
Spear Pillar (Saffron City)
New Pork City (Fourside)
75M (Kongo Jungle 64)
Mario Bros. (Fountain of Dreams)
Green Greens (Dreamland 64)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh we're doing ages now... great.

Well I'm 28. An old man by smash standards. Me and JCaes reppin' for the gramps.

Great to see a fellow 28-er. Not alone. :D

Er-hem, well so I just turned 28 last week, and I entered the smash competitive scene when I was 21 approximately.
And I plan on competing throughout SSB4's lifespan, and maybe I'll stop there.
However I see myself playing SSB, albeit not in tourneys, at least until SSB5, depending on what I'm doing with my life. XD

Maybe in the future I might be able to play with my kid, hope he likes the game!

Vashimus

Smash Master
"Son, let me show you the games of my childhood."

"Sorry, Dad, I'd rather just get the new Call of Duty so I can play with my friends."

"....Go to your room. >:[ "

metroid1117

Smash Master
18, and Super Smash Sundays Project M later this month will be my first tournament.
They're starting to host PM tournaments at SSS? That's awesome, I can't wait to see big West Coast names trying out PM. I'd imagine that Fly would dominate everyone with D3 and Pit based on player skill and match-up inexerience though.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I'm 22. I've been in the Smash community for almost 2 years now with my first tourney being Phoenix Saga 3. I tend to get swamped by the demands of my major so while I can quickly acquire knowledge of the game I lose out on being able to get consistent player experience.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wish more games that had multiplayer these days had actual multiplayer instead of online multiplayer. Apparently people don't go over to other people's houses to play together anymore, besides smash.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Agreed. Online multiplayer is great and all for its accessibility but nothing like local multiplayer brings the hype, trashtalk, laughs and overall interpersonal fun that comes from playing games like Mario Party, Mario Kart, Bomberman, Smash etc.

And I'll openly admit it's even better when alcohol is involved :)

Vashimus

Smash Master
I agree. It's largely the reason why anime fighter communities struggled last gen compared to other fighters. The netcode for games like Blazblue and P4U were so good, people didn't feel the need to go to tournaments or locals and didn't show up, preferring to host online tourneys instead. Not to mention a lot people who got interested in those types of games were usually really young and couldn't go to actual tourneys because of school or what-not. Local tournaments not only keep communities alive, but it also helps you get better faster. It's exactly why Japan always whoops our ass in most fighting games. It's not a magically genetic trait they have buried in their DNA that some people think. It's just that there are hundreds of arcades available where they can play as many good players as they want face-to-face, and they get a ton of experience because of it. Add onto that the reputation those games have gotten as being weird animu "weeaboo" fighters. Guilty Gear and Blazblue don't even make the main stage at EVO anymore because the numbers they pull in aren't big enough anymore to warrant anything more than a side-touney. P4U did, but simply because it recently came out. With all 3 of those games getting updates or sequels, hopefully it changes in the future as more new players get interested, but I'm afraid history will repeat itself.

JOE!

Smash Hero
22 here, been playing really since 64 came out, but only really like this year have I gotten into the competitive scene at all.

Get a HDD, format it to NTFS. Run your Brawl ISO through Backup Manager and place it into the HDD. Install Homebrew and then one of the USB Loaders, done.
Yeah, think you could break this down a bit more? Hell, there should just be a thread somewhere on how to do this :p

Top Bottom