• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I actually found an edited ISO that compressed Brawl to under 4GB by deleting all the SSE cutscenes, but when I ran it through the backup manager it reverted back to 7.XXGB.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I'd hold off on buying it juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust in case, maybe try moving it to another drive as a test or something.

wish i could, on a really tight budget for this, but i've already confirmed, brawl is 7.43gb and a 8gb usb actually has 7.74gb, so its just enough, and through backup manager it comes out with like 6.94gb (i think) so its all good

quick question to all usb users, does it work flawlessly? does the game load faster (i read it does, just curious)

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Legit question I've been asking myself ever since I picked up P:M.

Why are shield reflecting and power shielding not the same thing ? When I see a powershield not reflect something, I'm like "so, this is both the right timing, and the wrong timing at the same time". It is very confusing.
This is how it is in Melee, and I assume they've made it the same in PM:

"In Melee, the technique is known as power shielding (named for the Power Shielder bonus attained by using the technique multiple times). Power shielding is accomplished by fully pressing L or R such that the shield appears just before the incoming attack would hit you. More specifically, the full shield bubble's outer rim[1] must connect with the hitbox of the incoming attack within 4 frames of activating the shield[2]. The noise heard by doing this is rather quiet compared to Brawl's, and should a projectile hit on frames 1 or 2 of the powershield, the technique will reflect projectiles at half the original damage (the knockback remains the same however)."

Source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Perfect_shield

TreK

Is "that guy"
This is how it is in Melee, and I assume they've made it the same in PM:

"In Melee, the technique is known as power shielding (named for the Power Shielder bonus attained by using the technique multiple times). Power shielding is accomplished by fully pressing L or R such that the shield appears just before the incoming attack would hit you. More specifically, the full shield bubble's outer rim[1] must connect with the hitbox of the incoming attack within 4 frames of activating the shield[2]. The noise heard by doing this is rather quiet compared to Brawl's, and should a projectile hit on frames 1 or 2 of the powershield, the technique will reflect projectiles at half the original damage (the knockback remains the same however)."

Source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Perfect_shield
Hmm, it doesn't make it any less confusing, but at least I've got an explanation :V

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, it doesn't make it any less confusing, but at least I've got an explanation :V
So, there is a 4-frame window where you can shield something and it will make that distinctive power shield noise. But only 2 of those frames will reflect back a projectile.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not gonna lie, that seems like a stupid contradiction.
The power shield thing?

Power shielding anything lets you act out of your shield faster than regularly shielding; it is a beneficial thing to do. It's not just for reflecting projectiles.

Think of it like there are 2 levels to it: level 1, which is easier, let's you block something and act faster than normal blocking. Level 2, which is harder, has the added benefit of reflecting projectiles.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm going to take a guess that this guy dislikes Meta Knight and Olimar.
And is totally oblivious of Melee's existence.

"...with luck, your character will actually have a chance in competitive play, unless you play Ganondorf, in which case....I'm not sure there's any hope."

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
And is totally oblivious of Melee's existence.

"...with luck, your character will actually have a chance in competitive play, unless you play Ganondorf, in which case....I'm not sure there's any hope."
nah, theres no hope, trust me im a lawyer

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Has anyone tried using the ASL Tool on 3.0 yet? I modified my textures for Battlefield and Final Destination using these directions to change the camera so that it's compatible with 3.0:
Quick guide:

• Download Brawlbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0yfy4dbbrnz7r6/Brawlbox v0.70.zip
  • Download the stage you wish to port and have the Project M 3.0 counterpart ready.
  • Open the Project M 3.0 stage in Brawlbox. Expand ARC 2. Scroll down until you see STPM data.
  • Right click on it and choose "Export". http://i.imgur.com/Y8Uc4OZ.jpg
  • Right above that (or in some cases a large amount above that), you should find ModelData[100]. Open that up to find StagePosition (or named similarly...sometimes stgposition). Right click on that and Export as well.
  • Now close the PM 3.0 stage file, and open up the 2.6b stage texture. Expand ARC 2 and scroll down to the same place.
  • Right click on STPM and click "Replace". Choose the STPM data you extracted.
  • Do the same for ModelData[100]'s StagePosition
  • Save, and you're done.
  • You can also use Ctrl+E and Ctrl+R to Export and Replace respectively.
When I try to load the Stage Select Screen it just freezes. What am I doing wrong?

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454

Can anyone help me identify the song that plays at around 0:25?
I wanna use it for a school project.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
How old are you people? I just recently turned 21 and I'm already starting to feel above the age curve. Then again, Smash is probably a pretty good place to find company in fellow 20-somethings.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
How old are you people? I just recently turned 21 and I'm already starting to feel above the age curve. Then again, Smash is probably a pretty good place to find company in fellow 20-somethings.
The Melee/PM players where I go are all 20+ with the occasional teenager. The Brawl crowd is generally younger, more like 15-19.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I see more young blood in PM and Brawl whereas with Melee I see more 20somethings than anything else.
Primary reason is that a lot of Melee players grew up with the game and the scene. I'm 22 myself and can still remember being 10 years old and opening up Melee for Christmas. Ignored everything else I was given; all I wanted to do was Smash. Found out about competitive Smash when I was 14 watching MLG... man good times.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I turn 25 on the 29th. My first tournament I was 13 or 14 I think.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im still 17, never been to any tournament; the community got wiped out before I even knew about it

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Lol they only had one tournament and it was for brawl, sadly none of them ever knew about "competetive" smash bros; anyways, going to have a chance to play some people at college, theyre going to host a ssf tournament and ill just be sitting in the other side of the room just waiting for any random person to play... At least ill be playing someone other than my friends for once, and maybe start a fresh new community... who knows... The fate of the smash community is between my hands... (Nervous) .-.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
19 here. Partook in my first tourney last month.
Grew up with smash but never competitively, started taking it serious around January.

Top Bottom