• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Don't know where to ask but...here we go....

What device can I use to get players to plug in their headphones in so that they can hear gameplay when playing Project M on the Wii? I think I have seen them at FGC tournies and Apex too. Anyone know how?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
My only complaint about this demo so far is that Ganondorf's new Dair and Fair animations look like crap, no offense to the person who made them but the old animations were 100x better

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I have ideas for a kirby tech video

and OF COURSE NOW'S THE TIME MY USB CABLE EXTENDER KEEPS JANKING OUT

link2702

Smash Champion
so far loving it, however I've noticed that the game lags/loses fps occasionally for no random reason in some matches for me, even WITHOUT choosing any of the special costumes that supposedly could cause it...

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My only complaint about this demo so far is that Ganondorf's new Dair and Fair animations look like crap, no offense to the person who made them but the old animations were 100x better
Ganon's Dair can autocancel like Brawl's, but the only nuisance was there's no buffer to do consecutive early aerials easy (it time to reach the autocancel window), but if you get good enough now thunderstorming[stomping] will look at goofy looking as Brawl's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZUlALAArc

I also noticed his up-b looks really weird cool, the warpy physics seem to be twilight princess like

Also those of you with tech skill, make tech skill videos cus I'm makin a short one with a few characters and I can't perform everything I would like to consecutively without wasting another day at it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMA9wSDFUc
Samus, Mewtwo, and Squirtle have SO MUCH stuff to get off in a tech skill video.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
so far loving it, however I've noticed that the game lags/loses fps occasionally for no random reason in some matches for me, even WITHOUT choosing any of the special costumes that supposedly could cause it...
it's not just special costumes, any of MewTwo's or Roy's colors can cause it as well
especially on some of the more demanding stages

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Wavedashing is harder in Project M than it is in Melee.
Like this if you agree.

(no, I'm not like-farming. I just think that liking is the easiest way for me and other people to see the majority opinion)
reply if you don't think it's the same or easier, give me tips.

D

Deleted member

a long time ago before taj278 was a known player, i was considered the best mewtwo player in the world

in 2007 i intentionally quit playing the character for being too bad/frustrating. as a melee zelda main, i quit mewtwo because i thought he sucked.

last night i played mewtwo for the first time in 6 years, 10 months, and it just CLICKED. it was straight up freaky.

good job PMBR. i have no fucking idea what you did, but reputation +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Olimar was my main in Brawl, but I agree he is much worse in this. Which is fine, it's not that big of a deal. I still have Link, Ness, and now Roy and Mewtwo <3

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So does anyone know of a music pack that's mostly Electronic Music?
I'm thinking stuff like House (progressive/electro as well), DnB, Electro, etc etc

Malion

Smash Ace
do you think they'll ever make tourney playable? it always freezes on me on the character menu.

Famardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
AxeBomber
The only issues I have is when they've changed Pit's moves, and when they've nerfed Fox, Falco, Olimar, and Meta Knight.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The only nerfs Fox and Falco have gotten were shine invincibility removed and lasering doing less damage the greater the distance they are fired. Their neutral games are still among the best in the cast, along with everything else about them. People complaining about them getting "nerfed", if you could even call it that, are just whining at this point. I hate to use that term, but there's no other word for it, I'm sorry.

Famardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
AxeBomber
But what is wrong with Meta Knight, Pit, and Olimar? They were just fine from the original Brawl version. I don't think its necessary to alter them what's so ever.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
To be blunt, those characters weren't just going to magically transfer over perfectly to a Melee environment.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
But what is wrong with Meta Knight, Pit, and Olimar? They were just fine from the original Brawl version. I don't think its necessary to alter them what's so ever.
Meta Knight's old down air would have been pretty stupid in PM, since falling speeds are much higher and recoveries are generally worse.

As for Pit... **** Angel Ring, that's all I have to say.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Meta Knight is one of the least changed Brawl characters ironically. He's still speedy, can combo well, and can gimp easily. Because of Project M's speedier physics and more movement options, many characters are able to overcome Meta Knight's speed and mobility, which was dominating in Brawl. So aside from tweaking his recovery and certain overwhelming traits, he didn't need to be changed a lot, so he wasn't.

The only thing really wrong with Brawl Pit when transferring him to a Melee environment is his recovery. Sure, the original Wings of Icarus was easy to interrupt, but ultimately it's just easier to make a new recovery method for him then try to fix Up-B to a point where it's not...stupid. Also, Angel Ring.

I can't really say much on Olimar yet because he just came out and I don't try him out a lot, but I do wish he had a least one more Pikmin. 5 is just a nice solid number.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Olimar's a hard character to make even remotely interesting from a visual standpoint. All of his moves seriously lack any visual weight or punch to them and all feel pretty generic.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I did a run through fighting all lv 9 cpus with Bowser in turbo mode. Olimar literally just stood and rolled, and never plucked LOL. Anyone think a combo vid would be interesting btw?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Wavedashing is harder in Project M than it is in Melee.
Like this if you agree.
It's due to the 1 frame physics delay bug that the PMBR currently is unable to fix. Its a very small difference but for some it is noticable if you primarily play Melee. So its not "harder" per se, its just slightly different timing from what you are probably used to and therefore seems harder.

My advice would be to just play Project M more, and you should get used to this. Its another one of those reasons why you might want to give yourself plenty of time to warm up your tech if you are switching between games in a tournament setting.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Wavedashing feels the same.

I have more problems with my wavedash because of my HDTV than whatever problems exist with Project M (I deny their existence because when I play on an old TV my wavedashes are pretty much spot on other than my own mistakes.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Olimar's a hard character to make even remotely interesting from a visual standpoint. All of his moves seriously lack any visual weight or punch to them and all feel pretty generic.
Which is sad considering he's basically using living creatures as weapons. You'd think something like would be more interesting to talk about.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Yeah, Gamedominator is right. It's like... Fair? Swings a Pikmin in front of him. Bair? Swings one behind him. Forward smash? Has one lunge forward. Grabs? The Pikmin grabs the person and throws them in that direction or suplexes them. Down Smash? Pikmin attack on both sides. Up air? Throws a Pikmin above him. Up Smash? YOU GUESSED IT.

It gets pretty bland after a while, not really the PMBR's fault. Not to mention you can't really see what he's doing clearly compared to other characters.

Like, Marth uses his sword for every one of his attacks bar throws, but he makes it look stylish and effortless to pull off, compared to someone like Ike's slower powerful blows which really give you a sense of how heavy that sword is. It's just more interesting.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, Gamedominator is right. It's like... Fair? Swings a Pikmin in front of him. Bair? Swings one behind him. Forward smash? Has one lunge forward. Grabs? The Pikmin grabs the person and throws them in that direction or suplexes them. Down Smash? Pikmin attack on both sides. Up air? Throws a Pikmin above him. Up Smash? YOU GUESSED IT.

It gets pretty bland after a while, not really the PMBR's fault. Not to mention you can't really see what he's doing clearly compared to other characters.
This is the exact same argument that I always use for why Marth is a boring designed character. It doesn't matter if he looks "stylish" while doing it, from a flavor perspective he's incredibly bland. Every one of his moves is just "swing sword in that direction".

Vashimus

Smash Master
V3ctorman's salt over Calabrel's Lucas is too ****ing funny.

"What? I parried that sh*t! Stupid @ss character."

"What the f*ck is happening?! You're canceling into all this sh*t, man, f*ck this game!"

"What, he got a f*cking Mewtwo up-throw? Bullsh*t."

"Eat my eggs, f*cker. F*ck this character man."

"What the fu--?!! Fix that sh*t. PM Back Team. Fix that sh*t immediately. Or back room, whatever the f*ck they're called."

XD

This is the exact same argument that I always use for why Marth is a boring designed character. It doesn't matter if he looks "stylish" while doing it, from a flavor perspective he's incredibly bland. Every one of his moves is just "swing sword in that direction".
That's fair. I do find Marth boring to play compared to the other swordsmen.

Top Bottom