• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You honestly can't be this dense. The underlying reason people play JRPGs is for the narrative (no way Vashimus, menu combat is SIMPLY EXHILARATING!!!!), so it's completely understandable for people to feel mad when something gets spoiled for them. You can't control everything that comes your way, but saying it's someone's fault for encountering a spoiler because they haven't played a game yet is ridiculous.

¦D
Ridiculous or not, it's still the truth. XD

And I'll never understand why some people copy and paste my signature face sometimes when responding to me. Is there a point you people are trying to make? Cause if I'm supposed to feel insulted and made fun of, it's not really working. XD;

Also, you used the wrong type of purple. ¦D

Worst troll ever. 1/10 would not bang. ¦3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages. You said something ridiculous, I merely called you out on it. Dial it back, homie.
I'm not sure which to nitpick on...The fact that you responded seriously to a joke or the fact that you completely avoided the question due to probably not having a legitimate answer. *shrugs* Oh well. XD

Though if we wanna be technical, we're both being off-topic either way. ¦3

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm not sure which to nitpick on...The fact that you responded seriously to a joke or the fact that you completely avoided the question due to probably not having a legitimate answer. *shrugs* Oh well. XD

Though if we wanna be technical, we're both being off-topic either way. ¦3
It's the Internet. We'll hug and make sweet love after this afterwards anyways.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's the Internet. We'll hug and make sweet love after this afterwards anyways.
After? Please, you've got an avy of one of my favorite Guilty Gear characters. Respect for that alone already bumps you to second base in my book. XD

And just to be on topic, Level 9 Wario is obnoxious as hell and I hate him. When I'm using Sonic, anyway. I swear, Sonic feels mostly worse than 2.6b aside from his bair. -~-

Good thing I seem to be easily getting the hang of Roy. He feels like a strange mix of Marth and Fox to me for some reason, which doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Must be how fast he falls. ¦D

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Roy is still as alien and awkward for me as he ever was. Loving it! Brings back sweet sweet memories.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Eh. I'm still not fond of PM Sonic. At all. (But at least he got his sweet vertical boost back when he performs his Up+B)

But I have a lot of other options, luckily, who'll easily take his place as my new mains. I'll just take my Brawl Sonic skills to Sm4sh since Sakurai seems to be happy with the moveset he gave him. :3

Finally warming up to Samus' moveset. This character seems a little complex to master though. There are some instances that I don't understand about her yet, like when I Zair, sometimes she uses the grapple beam, sometimes she uses her Nair instead, and sometimes she just does nothing.

From what I've seen, when she's sent flying, her Zair won't react.
It's possible that I have to snap her out of it first.

But I still don't know what causes her to randomly use Nair instead of Zair sometimes. I guess I have to air-dodge right before doing it, if I want to make 100% sure.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
As far as I know Sakurai had almost no say in how Sonic was created. So it wasn't the moveset he gave Sonic. He was put in by a whole different company, even. I'm pretty sad Sakurai didn't completely redo Sonic. Hopefully some of his moves have at least been retooled.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yesterday my Wii U went red for a minute, I could still see what was going on on the screen but there was like a layer of red over it,(RED SCREEN OF DEATH, jk) and then it happened again but this time my screen went completely blue. Turns out this isn`t because of Project M but because of my charger for my third party classic controller. I`ve come to the conclusion that as long as I never unplug it I`ll have no problems.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh man, seriously? I unplug my Wii every time I'm done with it, that thing makes me nervous. It's so hot after a few days of being on.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So how do people like turbo mode? I've been using Bowser/DK alot, trying to make flashy combos.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I can't believe i have been playing wifi since release it has been fun 3.0 is so dope even my casual fiends are getting into it.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So how do people like turbo mode? I've been using Bowser/DK alot, trying to make flashy combos.
I really suck at it. No wonder, since I've never been too good at executing these types of combos.

But it's really fun, so far I've been pulling some minor stuff with Sonic (the only way for me to play as Sonic in PM) and Pikachu.
I can't for the life of me string combos with Roy, lol. Side+B to Up+B to Akward moment. XD

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'm a decent Marvel Player. I thought I was prepared for turbo.
I was wrong.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If you arent canceling Roy's Up B into Counter, youre doing it wrong.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I like to use bowsers Up b off stage into them and cancel into Uair, it's pretty cool. And down smash reverse fsmash, but needs good timing. For DK I like using the dash attack to utilit, then bair to nair, and if possible chase them with Up b cancelled into Uair into Up B back to stage.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's hard for me to go back to normal gameplay after playing Turbo Mode. It's just so much fun and so addicting. <3

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is the problem with the SD card being named 'projectm'? Did Nintendo install some incredibly weak anti-modding protection after the fact?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
This is how 3.0 was meant to be played
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
So it's settled, I'll be teaming with Kirby then in tournies until further CPU tournaments are performed. Now if KingClubber could just make them try to talk **** to us and quit out of the game we wouldn't need Wifi

Phantasmagorical

Smash Cadet
What exactly is the problem with the SD card being named 'projectm'? Did Nintendo install some incredibly weak anti-modding protection after the fact?
My guess is it just messes with the file path to the Project M files, since they're also located in a folder named "projectm".

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
We changed the filepath to just SD:/projectm/pf/ instead of SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf

That's why the card needs to be named something other than projectm

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
We changed the filepath to just SD:/projectm/pf/ instead of SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf

That's why the card needs to be named something other than projectm
I know it's kinda lame, but I'm starting to think maybe in the next release you should change the name to something else. An unexpectedly high number of people seem to be having this problem. It seems like naming your SD card "Project M" or the like is pretty common.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Was there a particular advantage of the projectm folder

It seems like an arbitrary change thats been causing nothing but issues

Anther

Smash Champion
My guess is it just messes with the file path to the Project M files, since they're also located in a folder named "projectm".
It just seems like it gets confused to where the root of the project m folder is located and assumes it's the root of the SD card if the card is named projectm, like you said. It could end up being something easily fixed for the next released or an impossible fix. I think if it's truly a problem they should just rename the folder to projectmgame or something most normal humans aren't going to rename their SD cards to.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I'm kind of the same way. For instance, when someone says "___ dies", I'm a little irritated at first, but then the fact of the matter is that I don't know HOW they die. That part gets me kind of excited, maybe a little too much.
Yeah, that's kind of the idea behind Romeo and Juliet. The deaths are "spoiled" in the beginning.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People actually name their SD Cards? Weird. XD;

I'm glad they made this change for the folder name. Makes things much more convenient.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
More importantly, adding stuff is so much easier now that the directory was greatly simplified.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Yeah, that's kind of the idea behind Romeo and Juliet. The deaths are "spoiled" in the beginning.

Wait, really? I was never able to follow any of it anyway, so I didn't even know that. This is one of those rare examples where being dumb worked in my favor.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
oh my god i havent slept in over a day, and im starting to get a massive headache

also, olimar ****ing sucks, holy ****

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
have to agree, he comes across as very lackluster
only time he ever feels like a threat at a distance is if he happens to throw a purple pikmin, and those don't even go far
pikmin just seem hard to land in the melee-engine considering how easy it is the move around quickly between platforms or just out of the way, so the only thing really worth the risk is the purples that can cause a knockdown hopefully leading to something
you could say his aerials are disjointed, but pikmin are pretty small so that disjoint ain't much
add to that that he's not very mobile at all
blargh

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
oh my god i havent slept in over a day, and im starting to get a massive headache

:D Really? Me too! I don't have a headache though, but I have a crazy burning in my stomach cause I ate some funky carrot cake that I'd left out for like 2 days. (I brain farted and thought carrot cake was like cookies where you can just eat it whenever and it's okay, and then I remembered the cream cheese and ughhhhh).

At this point I basically can't sleep or I'll never get on a good schedule, so I'm gonna try to tough it out until like 8 or 9. And I know what's gonna happen, right as I've fallen asleep someone will call (at like 11 or 12) and wake me up and then I won't be able to go back to sleep again and ehaoiheoaheah

Sorry, didn't mean to use you as a blog there. It just seemed amazing that we had this wonderful thing in common and now let's be best friends.

Top Bottom