• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Could you elaborate?
Well, ive been thinking about exactly why it is most of us dont like him and I think I know why now. I personally like Yoshi because of his mobility and his great air/grab game, but In P:M, he lost his mobility, his grabs are all worse, and now he's literally just DJC combos. Nothing similar. Dont get me wrong, Yoshi is really good in P:M, hes just COMPLETELY different playstyle wise and, seeing as most Yoshi fans including me got used to Yoshi being as he is now and growing to love that playstyle, making a 360 in the characters entire direction is imo the reason as to why most of us dont like him. I just wish they didnt nerf his air speed and left at least one hop from his up b intact so we could actually do things safely offstage.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Apparently, the egg hop from the up-b interferes with ledge egg-throwing from Melee, so they just took it out. Sucks if the air speed nerf is true though.

Malion

Smash Ace
did games before 3.0 let you play team battles with all players on the same team? I randomly stumbled on it while setting up a 4 player battle it still let me play even though everyone was red. the game started then ended and everyone overlapped each other in the results screen. it was hilarious.,

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
did games before 3.0 let you play team battles with all players on the same team? I randomly stumbled on it while setting up a 4 player battle it still let me play even though everyone was red. the game started then ended and everyone overlapped each other in the results screen. it was hilarious.,
Yeah it was possible before :3

shaowebb

Smash Rookie
God Zelda bomb traps and new Pit feel amazing. Pitt's new side flight cancelling into normals is gonna be dirty. Dude is hard to keep off you now. Also his arrows feel MUCH improved.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Well, ive been thinking about exactly why it is most of us dont like him and I think I know why now. I personally like Yoshi because of his mobility and his great air/grab game, but In P:M, he lost his mobility, his grabs are all worse, and now he's literally just DJC combos. Nothing similar. Dont get me wrong, Yoshi is really good in P:M, hes just COMPLETELY different playstyle wise and, seeing as most Yoshi fans including me got used to Yoshi being as he is now and growing to love that playstyle, making a 360 in the characters entire direction is imo the reason as to why most of us dont like him. I just wish they didnt nerf his air speed and left at least one hop from his up b intact so we could actually do things safely offstage.
If it was a 360 change there wouldn't be anything different..... ;D
180 change maybe?

I'm Just.......

Saiyan.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
God Zelda bomb traps and new Pit feel amazing. Pitt's new side flight cancelling into normals is gonna be dirty. Dude is hard to keep off you now. Also his arrows feel MUCH improved.
that stuff's been around since 2.0 a year and a half ago
everybody already knows how awesome it is lol

Malion

Smash Ace
"snake do you know who that is?"
"you're kidding right? It's mario!'
"***** i'm mewtwo"

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Apparently, the egg hop from the up-b interferes with ledge egg-throwing from Melee, so they just took it out. Sucks if the air speed nerf is true though.
It's not true. Yoshi's attributes pretty much match Melee. What I think is happening is that the user was raised on Brawl's Yoshi, and it's kinda clouding his judgment.

On that note, PM Yoshi's grabs have better coverage than Melee or Brawl Yoshi's grabs, especially on dash grab.

zman804

Smash Ace
So, some interesting things with Classic mode:

Both Roy and Mewtwo's trophies are Mario at the end of classic mode and they had no song during the shooting sequence (kinda creepy). They also had the same movie played after the shooting sequence, the first SSE video. However, they both had different portraits at the end of the mode. Mewtwo's was PTs, but Roy's was unique, it said Congratulations in black text against a white font, it looked the old PM font. Neat stuff

red9rd

Smash Ace
So, some interesting things with Classic mode:

Both Roy and Mewtwo's trophies are Mario at the end of classic mode and they had no song during the shooting sequence (kinda creepy). They also had the same movie played after the shooting sequence, the first SSE video. However, they both had different portraits at the end of the mode. Mewtwo's was PTs, but Roy's was unique, it said Congratulations in black text against a white font, it looked the old PM font. Neat stuff
I believe this happens with every character now.

Malion

Smash Ace
are the shields in home run contest completely deactivated? I know that makes it more melee-ish but I can't grab the bag and throw it up/down. which was my main melee strategy,

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It is definitely true, Yoshi used to have THE FASTEST air speed in the game, now its just like, above average, but not fantastic. And the egg hop from the ledge wouldnt be a problem from the ledge, Brawl Yoshi's do it all the time, it would just be slightly different on the first egg.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is kinda why I wouldn't play Cammy in SFxT but would in SF4. People have their own favorite iteration of a character and there's not necessarily a correct one.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It is definitely true, Yoshi used to have THE FASTEST air speed in the game, now its just like, above average, but not fantastic. And the egg hop from the ledge wouldnt be a problem from the ledge, Brawl Yoshi's do it all the time, it would just be slightly different on the first egg.
Relatively speaking from Melee, he was second fastest tied with Mewtwo and below Jiggs. Relative to PM, he probably ranks tied for 4th or 5th which is still pretty damn fast and still close to the best.

This is kinda why I wouldn't play Cammy in SFxT but would in SF4. People have their own favorite iteration of a character and there's not necessarily a correct one.
And yeah, this is how I feel on matters as well. I love 64 Kirby and I greatly respect PM Kirby, but he doesn't quite satisfy my interest as much as other characters. I love 64 Link and I enjoy Melee and PM Link but I gravitate more towards PM Tink (probs the parallels to 64 Link). Naturally, you're just not going to be able to appeal to everyone (although some small changes here and there can do some wonders). I play Mario more in Melee/PM, but only a little bit in 64.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its just Yoshi went from having the Best Air speed in game plus arguably the best Command grab and pivot grab in the game, to a just slightly above average air speed and a **** grab game. A pretty extreme change.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
What makes his grab game in PM bad, exactly? He has follow-ups after grabs that he didn't previous have (to the extent of my knowledge) on a lot of characters instead of a few followups at low percents or low damaging chaingrabs from grab releases. His Dash grab has use now and, if I'm not mistaken his grab has more range (I know for a fact Egg Lay does)

This Yoshi certainly feels more dynamic in my opinion.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
to a just slightly above average air speed
To make a point, this isn't factually true though. Relative to the cast, he's very high up there. You have to remember that air speeds are based more around Melee so the outliers aren't nearly as extreme as they were in Brawl.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What makes his grab game in PM bad, exactly? He has follow-ups after grabs that he didn't previous have (to the extent of my knowledge) on a lot of characters instead of a few followups at low percents or low damaging chaingrabs from grab releases. His Dash grab has use now and, if I'm not mistaken his grab has more range (I know for a fact Egg Lay does)

This Yoshi certainly feels more dynamic in my opinion.
Both less safe and less reliable. And he always had follow ups from grabs. But like SB said, Im not saying Yoshis bad so much as I, and most other Yoshi mains, dont like this version of him.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
You mean Brawl Yoshi mains, right? I only know you for Brawl, so I wouldn't know if you do or don't play Melee and can speak for other Yoshi folk.

Also, really safe grabs is probably something no one should have. :p

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Thanks for spoiling Mother 3 for me, Dylan Sprouse. :(
At least I already knew about the first death.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You mean Brawl Yoshi mains, right? I only know you for Brawl, so I wouldn't know if you do or don't play Melee and can speak for other Yoshi folk.

Also, really safe grabs is probably something no one should have. :p
Yeah, Brawl Yoshis, in Melee I play Yoshi as well, but I mostly play Mario. Anyway, his grabs are defensive but near unpunishable, its hard to run in and just grab with Yoshi, but if you force them to come in with your evasiveness and eggs, you can totally throw up walls of grabs that they cant easily get through, which is what Yoshi basically is in Brawl.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thanks for spoiling Mother 3 for me, Dylan Sprouse. :(
At least I already knew about the first death.
*sigh* If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: If you don't want spoilers, stay off of the internet. XD

Seriously, this game is old now. If you didn't know what happens in it, that's your fault. I'll forever laugh at people who cry over spoilers on the net considering it's one of the many things the net is for. Expected or unexpected, they're still there. No one has to cater to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Oh well. On the other hand, I love spoilers. Just makes me look forward to actually seeing it happen for myself. ¦ )

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Oh well. On the other hand, I love spoilers. Just makes me look forward to actually seeing it happen for myself. ¦ )
I'm kind of the same way. For instance, when someone says "___ dies", I'm a little irritated at first, but then the fact of the matter is that I don't know HOW they die. That part gets me kind of excited, maybe a little too much.

Vashimus

Smash Master
*sigh* If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: If you don't want spoilers, stay off of the internet. XD

Seriously, this game is old now. If you didn't know what happens in it, that's your fault. I'll forever laugh at people who cry over spoilers on the net considering it's one of the many things the net is for. Expected or unexpected, they're still there. No one has to cater to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

You honestly can't be this dense. The underlying reason people play JRPGs is for the narrative (no way Vashimus, menu combat is SIMPLY EXHILARATING!!!!), so it's completely understandable for people to feel mad when something gets spoiled for them. You can't control everything that comes your way, but saying it's someone's fault for encountering a spoiler because they haven't played a game yet is ridiculous.

¦D

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
You honestly can't be this dense. The underlying reason people play JRPGs is for the narrative (no way Vashimus, menu combat is SIMPLY EXHILARATING!!!!)
The only JRPG games I've beaten are FF13 and FF13-2. I've beaten FF13 five times, and got every trophy/achievement.
Take that how you will.

Top Bottom