• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I never read the rules. I wonder if that's against the rules.

PMS, what is your favorite console SimCity game?

Edit: let's encrypt messages with swearing and links to lewd images.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok so, I don't want to go through like 44 characters in USF4 to get all colors and taunts unlocked for them (even if I can just use Arcade Mode and the straight exit, that is still boring as hell), yet now that I have partially started I want to finish getting the rest but it is so boring. Is there any super fast way to unlock colors/taunts for all character in like just a few minuets for the 360 version? I'd even be willing to get a save file with it all complete downloade if that is possible.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
LMAO Omni on point. DAYYYMMNNNN. If only we can get someone to roast the whole smash community and it's sub divisions in a 30 minute video or something.

I would love to do that but am too lazy for it. Maybe if I ever drink for the first time and get wasted I would totally do a podcast style roast.

Anyway, It's also like Smash 4 skipped a few chapters of the cycle in an effort to avoid the end results of the past game and it's fate.
As stated in the video, in an attempt to avoid repeating the mistake of being stubborn with rulesets, we now have people in the community split on rulings, with the discussion rising a bit just before an important tournament in the game's lifespan, mind you.
Not to mention we already have matches that take a while with a few going to time, which didn't happen in Brawl's first 15 months.

What happens at EVO will likely dictate the game's future so I've been saving the Smash Cycle post for afterwards. Also English class assignment things are eating up my time. -_-

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
LMAO Omni on point. DAYYYMMNNNN. If only we can get someone to roast the whole smash community and it's sub divisions in a 30 minute video or something.

looool
read this reddit thread
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/307mgv/why_smash_4_will_die/

To be fair though, his argument is a bit weak considering that Melee from the get-go had a fairly controversial ruleset (ex. 3-stock vs 5-stock) and Brawl had it's fair share of stage-striking debates. It doesn't spell doom for a community.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Before I rest, this.
https://twitter.com/ZeRoSSB
Just read all of his tweets starting from around this week to now.
Zero plz
tbh I feel like every Smash 4 discussion has been legit so far, it's just a matter of the lack of experimentation and involvement from the community (which sometimes isn't wholly their fault).

Honestly, I feel like the fact that the SSB4 community started with and has its largest community on reddit did more harm than good lol

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ Y-L Y-L
Didn't know if you'd still be up, but I have a question. My rig is now built and operational, and thanks mostly to you, with advice from others in this thread. That said, I have a question about wifi adaptors. Currently I am more than 50 feet from our router, and have only a 50 foot ethernet cable. The build you whipped up for me and the same one I also purchased lacked a PCI wifi card. My question is, until I can either obtain a longer ethernet cable, or purchase a wifi card, will a USB wifi adaptor suffice for netplay?

Bleck

Smash Master
I haven't been paying attention to the Smash 4 ruleset discussions 'cause I've been under the impression that we already had the best ruleset from the get-go (two stocks, five minutes) literally built into the game and I have no idea why anyone would dispute that

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
looooooool @Strong Bad MacD just told a story on Get Smashed at the Foundry starring an intoxicated MacD, Alan, Strong Bad at EVO. Damn son haha

EDIT: Wait, @Omni views this thread? Good taste.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
@ Y-L Y-L
Didn't know if you'd still be up, but I have a question. My rig is now built and operational, and thanks mostly to you, with advice from others in this thread. That said, I have a question about wifi adaptors. Currently I am more than 50 feet from our router, and have only a 50 foot ethernet cable. The build you whipped up for me and the same one I also purchased lacked a PCI wifi card. My question is, until I can either obtain a longer ethernet cable, or purchase a wifi card, will a USB wifi adaptor suffice for netplay?
I can't say for certain. Without a wired connection you're more prone to lag spikes but I've played over WiFi before and it wasn't bad. Really depends on your internet though.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I can't say for certain. Without a wired connection you're more prone to lag spikes but I've played over WiFi before and it wasn't bad. Really depends on your internet though.
What causes lag spikes primarily? Heavy wifi usage in the surrounding area causing interference? I live in a kinda rural area, would that decrease the frequency of lag spikes?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
What causes lag spikes primarily? Heavy wifi usage in the surrounding area causing interference? I live in a kinda rural area, would that decrease the frequency of lag spikes?
Lag spikes are caused by dropped packets which can happen from a weak connection or your internet's bandwidth being used heavily.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
oooOOOOooooh~!!

be afraid!
be very afraid

i'm sorry if this is bad
i can change it back

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
oooOOOOooooh~!!

be afraid!
be very afraid

i'm sorry if this is bad
i can change it back
Some kind of mud groper pokemon?
oh yeah thanks for not ending your collapse tags

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
Some kind of mud groper pokemon?
oh yeah thanks for not ending your collapse tags
was it moving, though?

and sorry i tried ending it once but it just doubled it for some reason

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I know he's likely talking about Sm4sh but I find this so relevant to certain discussions here in PM

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's basically the stockholm syndrome of the melee mindset, "can't change with it, adapt and love it"
It's valuable to have a mindset suited for adaptation, but it's equally so to know when gameplay elements ask gameplay ruining levels of adaptation

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't get it tho
It's low level humor that comes off as dull to us non-simpletons. What would really be hilarious and gif worthy would be initiating the fist bump, but then quickly pulling out a phallic object and jamming it into the side of their fist.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I know he's likely talking about Sm4sh but I find this so relevant to certain discussions here in PM
-looks at the currently ongoing Auto L-Cancel thread-

Hm...Yup. Definitely accurate.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok so, I don't want to go through like 44 characters in USF4 to get all colors and taunts unlocked for them (even if I can just use Arcade Mode and the straight exit, that is still boring as hell), yet now that I have partially started I want to finish getting the rest but it is so boring. Is there any super fast way to unlock colors/taunts for all character in like just a few minuets for the 360 version? I'd even be willing to get a save file with it all complete downloade if that is possible.
Plz, halp.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
A Wii U version with Donkey Kong beating the **** out of the MK characters sounds like fun. His fatality could be stuffing the MK guys into barrels that launch them into the air before splatting on the floor.
Nintendo: Our brand image ect ect family friendly. DK is in mortal kombat. For the kids.

Top Bottom