• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
We can at least agree that Law is low tier, right?
unrelated

but have you been able to get on the DFO servers? I guess its just too crouded, I've been stuck on the "this may take up to 5 min" notice for like 20 min.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
unrelated

but have you been able to get on the DFO servers? I guess its just too crouded, I've been stuck on the "this may take up to 5 min" notice for like 20 min.
It may depend on the server. Cain-EAST seems okay while there are some problems with Delezie-WEST. If it's not about the server, maybe try connecting another channel.

For more news regarding maitenance and problems, you should check this site.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
All I want to do is relax and play DFO but my physics teacher just keeps pumping more homework at us

Lesson learnt: don't take a physics class 3 years in a row, I'm so burnt out

Scratch that, better advice: don't take any class 3 years in a row

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I need some tags to wear on my stream matches at aftershock. suggestions welcome. something having to do with inside jokes around here (PM board) would be nice.

some I might go with

~Hyln
nlyH
Slow

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Pretty sure Hylian uses the Hyli tag, would make more sense to use ilyH instead of nlyH.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm still impartial to Bees.

What's this a tournament woefully underpopulated with bees?

A large influx of bees ought to put a stop to that!

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Are those templars or the KKK...

They are wearing Capirotes/Nazareno robes, which are used in Spain by Catholic Brotherhoods during the Holy Week in Seville. These have been worn by Catholic Priests for religious purposes and have predated the Klan for centuries. Ironic since The Klan, largely being anti-catholic itself, decided to take up the similar looking robes anyway even though it has it's roots in Catholicism.

Since the 9th Crusaders, as depicted in Hellsing, are engaging in a Reconquista (See: Spanish Inquisition) it's no wonder that they're design would be based off the robes that likely first originated during that time period.

No relevance to the KKK other then a coincidental similar appearance.

Hellsing Ultimate wasn't perfect and it can get pretty silly, but seeing Vampire Hunters, Catholic Crusaders and Nazi Vampires all killing each other at one point is a joy to see. A good show to turn your brain off to and enjoy the ridiculous spectacle.

D

Deleted member

So it looks like I'm not going to Aftershock to compete in it's PM bracket due to a lack of funds.

Oh well, I'll make an upset at a national next time :yeahboi:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
www.finmde.com
Does anybody know anything about that site? I'm trying to USB boot a windows 8 install, so I created the Boot Media on a 16gb flash drive, plugged it in, computer started doing its thing but is asking for an activation key for the install. I tried Microsoft's website but couldn't find a purchase option for just an activation key. I don't need the disk, and I didn't wanna pay $120 for windows. So I googled around and found that website and purchased the activation key for standard windows 8 for $40. It said they are supposed to email me a link with the activation key within 4 hours. That was at 5:20 PM central, 5 hours ago, I still have not gotten an email. How do I know if I've gotten ripped, as opposed to their process just being slow?

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
www.finmde.com
Does anybody know anything about that site? I'm trying to USB boot a windows 8 install, so I created the Boot Media on a 16gb flash drive, plugged it in, computer started doing its thing but is asking for an activation key for the install. I tried Microsoft's website but couldn't find a purchase option for just an activation key. I don't need the disk, and I didn't wanna pay $120 for windows. So I googled around and found that website and purchased the activation key for standard windows 8 for $40. It said they are supposed to email me a link with the activation key within 4 hours. That was at 5:20 PM central, 5 hours ago, I still have not gotten an email. How do I know if I've gotten ripped, as opposed to their process just being slow?
From their FAQ:

Q: How long would the delivering takes?
A: The key will be sent by email within 24 hours, after the payment is cleared.

Q: How do I find my order?
A: Please check your mail box carefully, including your Spam box. If you still receive nothing in 24 minutes, please contact us.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
From product description:
Windows 8 Standard Product key and Download URL will be send via Email within 4 hours.
Please check your Junk Box in case it been filtered by your mail spam system.
Offer full refund guarantee if Windows 8 Standard Key or download do not work. (For key issue, you must confirm you are using a genuine software)

Also did you copy paste that because it says 24 hours in one spot and 24 minutes in another
Those inconsistencies are making me question them.

JimPaladin

Smash Rookie
Hellsing Ultimate wasn't perfect and it can get pretty silly, but seeing Vampire Hunters, Catholic Crusaders and Nazi Vampires all killing each other at one point is a joy to see. A good show to turn your brain off to and enjoy the ridiculous spectacle.
Was just lurking this forum and saw your opinion on Hellsing Ultimate, so I thought I'd make an account because I wanted to say I pretty much agree with what you're saying.

Hellsing was pretty so-so, and I feel it was Alucard himself that generally made the series really, really boring at times but the bad guys were pretty interesting (as far as VE ARE ZEH NAZIS VE VILL KILL YOU bad guys go, at least) and the whole "Enrico gets promoted to Archbishop and immediately begins a new crusade to kill everyone in England"/Nazi Vampire/Battle for Hellsing mansion is really where the entire series suddenly goes from slow and uninteresting to edge-of-your-seat intense with real stakes on the line, all because Marysucard is somewhere on a boat not ruining the story.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LMAO Omni on point. DAYYYMMNNNN. If only we can get someone to roast the whole smash community and it's sub divisions in a 30 minute video or something.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Was just lurking this forum and saw your opinion on Hellsing Ultimate, so I thought I'd make an account because I wanted to say I pretty much agree with what you're saying.

Hellsing was pretty so-so, and I feel it was Alucard himself that generally made the series really, really boring at times but the bad guys were pretty interesting (as far as VE ARE ZEH NAZIS VE VILL KILL YOU bad guys go, at least) and the whole "Enrico gets promoted to Archbishop and immediately begins a new crusade to kill everyone in England"/Nazi Vampire/Battle for Hellsing mansion is really where the entire series suddenly goes from slow and uninteresting to edge-of-your-seat intense with real stakes on the line, all because Marysucard is somewhere on a boat not ruining the story.
I'm just gonna completely disagree with you on Alucard and say that he was easily the most fun thing about the series for me. Especially since I'm sick of so many weak and worthless protagonists that don't do jack **** until the final episode.

Give me an MC that starts out as an overpowered badass that has fun being one and is entertaining as one over some weak guy that has to lose 50,000 times in the series in order to develop into a sudden badass in the final episodes any day. There's just such a rare example of it being done right and it being interesting to watch.

Hajime no Ippo, however, does it right.

Anywho, moving away from that...

Why? Seriously, why did he let that happen?

Last edited:

JimPaladin

Smash Rookie
I'm just gonna completely disagree with you on ALucard and say that he was easily the most fun thing about the series for me. Espeically since I'm sick of so many weak and worthless protagonists that don't do jack **** until the final episode.

Give me an MC that starts out as an overpowered badass that has fun being one and is entertaining as one over some weak guy that has to lose 50,000 times in the series in order to develop into a sudden badass in the final episodes anyday. There's just such a rare example of it being done right and it being interesting to watch.
I suppose that's just what it is about Alucard, I guess. You either enjoy it or you don't. I didn't so much mind it at first because I understood that Alucard was supposed to have a power you never knew the extent of, plus the whole "he's overpowered because he's actually a devote christian who wants to prove the power of god by having a human kill him", but I found most of Alucard's scenes to be pretty lame Rob Zombie song AMV fuel. No idea if this off-smash topic related stuff is allowed in this forum, but the way, hyuk hyuk hyuk

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
re: Hellsing - In other words, if you watch it and take it too seriously

...Not that there's anything wrong with that.

JimPaladin

Smash Rookie
I also think it's funny to point out that, when I first tried watching Hellsing, I made the mistake of watching the absolutely ****ty first series that barely followed the original manga at all, and it ends on the bad guy basically beating Alucard (it was meant as a cliff hanger for the next season but because it never got a new season it effectively ends with the heroes losing. A perfect end to an awful adaptation)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I suppose that's just what it is about Alucard, I guess. You either enjoy it or you don't. I didn't so much mind it at first because I understood that Alucard was supposed to have a power you never knew the extent of, plus the whole "he's overpowered because he's actually a devote christian who wants to prove the power of god by having a human kill him", but I found most of Alucard's scenes to be pretty lame Rob Zombie song AMV fuel. No idea if this off-smash topic related stuff is allowed in this forum, but the way, hyuk hyuk hyuk
Welcome to Social Threads, buddy. Where you can talk about pretty much anything you want as long as it doesn't break the global forum rules too badly.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I feel like we're about to start trying to see how far we can push the mods now

Top Bottom