• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
>interview about super smash con
>****in legos
>talks about PM
>"well we just really weren't sure"

well there you have it while pm is part of the "community" there's a "chance" that pm "may" have its own tournament at the convention dedicated to the community as a whole because people are "unsure" about the "situation"

**** you alex strife and **** you apex for creating this needless doubt

edit *sigh*

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I used to think Tinder was dumb but then
There was a problem fetching the tweet

brb making a Tinder account

SunJester

Smash Ace
So a guy who has a small time lego business can afford this 200k-300k dollar event because he sells legos? Without Nintendo's help?

Has anyone even heard of this guy before this tournament?

Bleck

Smash Master
try keeping in mind that Super Smash Con is an entire convention, not just a tournament

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Never before.

The only thing I found is that this company apparently gave $500 to some kid for doing a lego creation a while back.

A couple of convention results

It's apparently a small business though.

What is the worse that could happen at such an event that would make it "red flag nation"

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
try keeping in mind that Super Smash Con is an entire convention, not just a tournament
yeah but it's hosting four "official" tournaments with 30k+ prize money plus stream support

like the message it's sending is that when the community is distilled into a convention, PM isn't even in the conversation as being a game, it's relegated to being a little booth on the side as a neat thing for people to look at

SunJester

Smash Ace
Of course, its just hard to believe that someone, even with a relativity successful lego business, could afford this convention without Nintendo's help.

I mean I haven't been following it that closely, have they announced any sponsors?

It's just weird that someone comes out of nowhere with hundreds of thousands of dollars and puts on a tournament for a scene that he's not that involved in? That's very red-flag to me.

SC: And all of that is coming out of your pocket or through business with your Lego based businesses?

JW: Correct.
That's quite the lego buisness

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ MLGF MLGF
It's just entertaining to look at with no context, but if you're an Atlus dork like I am, it's worthy of

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The best Waifu is Madara Uchiha

Is there even a waifu that can EVEN COMPETE with Madara Uchiha?

And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai. I'm NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
But can he lift the Big Show?

Thank you Superpope.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
And what about your circle tattoo?
It's a little cheesy. I got it in December. The circle symbolizes integrity, so it's basically a reminder to try to be true to the better parts of myself. It's kind of a motivation to get things done when I'm feeling out of it and stuff like that.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Of course, its just hard to believe that someone, even with a relativity successful lego business, could afford this convention without Nintendo's help.

I mean I haven't been following it that closely, have they announced any sponsors?

It's just weird that someone comes out of nowhere with hundreds of thousands of dollars and puts on a tournament for a scene that he's not that involved in? That's very red-flag to me.

That's quite the lego buisness
I mean, the issue with lots of money is a matter of keeping promises and overall confirmation. The impression that I got from the article is that he has this money ready to go and isn't just keeping this in a hypothetical back pocket.

That along with the fact that community figures like Juggleguy and the like being involved, I don't think this is as much of a red flag as people are making it out to be.

I also like the stance that Smashcon is taking on PM. It's very honest and we still received information about it now, still months away from the event.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
In SMT stuff if you ain't Neutral, you ain't getting a good end, so, it's not really a contest lol

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Both lead to global annihilation/at worst, things that make that apocalypses look tame, so 'best' is not a relevant word.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm not understanding anything.

In other news, Tokyo Ghoul is better than I thought it would be.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Neutral in SMT has humanity eventually destroying itself, and neither Law or Chaos come to help. They're definitely the canon endings though. Haven't beat Neutral in SMT4 yet.

There isn't necessarily a true "good" ending. You basically just pick the lesser of three evils based on your philosophies.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Chaos is generally a decent route.
It doesn't lead to a super happy ending often, but it's better then law 100% of the time and is always the more moral of the groups.
Not sure what neutral is in this case though.

Top Bottom