• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
no olimar seems weirdly arbitrary. I'm assuming there's a game-breaking bug related to him that you wanna iron out?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Would anybody be so kind as to explain to me how olimar works? he looks like the quirkiest character in the entire roster to me (i've never used him in brawl) i simply don't understand how he works with his pikmin and stuff
He pulls pikmin from ground, most of his attacks (except nair, jab, DA and tilts) involve swinging them to hit the opponent or commanding the pikmin to jump at them. Each color has a different effect and is best for different attacks. Purple is strong but doesn't go very far on side-b throws/smashes, blues have really strong throws off of grabs, whites do huge damage when clung to opponent from side-b and also get thrown very far and straight, don't remember any details about yellow/red. nB plucks them from the ground, down-b brings all the thrown/separated pikmin back to you and rearranges their order, up-b is a tether made of pikmin bodies, side-b is a spammy (well, spammy in brawl) move for throwing pikmin at the opponent to cling to them and smack them for damage. Generally he's got fairly-to-very disjointed hitboxes given his small size and how he swings around pikmin a little more than half his height, or sends them jumping several times his height. In brawl he was very good at racking up damage without actually touching the opponent, and had lots of decent killers in the form of disjointed attacks/grabs that led into powerful throws, but revolved around managing pikmin which makes him a pretty unique but difficult character tbh.

What's the paypal to donate to the PMBR?
you could buy one of their Project M shirts

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
no olimar seems weirdly arbitrary. I'm assuming there's a game-breaking bug related to him that you wanna iron out?

I doubt they would show off the character or have a release date if there was a game-breaking bug related to Olimar, or anyone for that matter.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They don't want to spoil us with his grab being the same

jalued

Smash Lord
Super excited about 3.0

Just 2 questions that come to mind:

1) Has Pop been designed to work better by himself? In melee ICs were always awful when Nana died and I hope they have a few more options in PM
2) Has shield push back and regeneration been worked on for 3.0?

Thanks and I can't wait for the release. You guys continue to impress the entire community

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I seriously hope you guys aren't giving Kotaku hits to get those screengrabs. One of the worst big-name gaming blogs of all time.

It's awesome that P:M is getting coverage but seriously Kotaku is ****. Mad if that's your account I'm very disappointed.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I seriously hope you guys aren't giving Kotaku hits to get those screengrabs. One of the worst big-name gaming blogs of all time.

It's awesome that P:M is getting coverage but seriously Kotaku is ****. Mad if that's your account I'm very disappointed.
Having done intern work with a business company that worked with Kotaku, I gotta say they're not as bad as they seem. At least they got some of their facts right.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
"You have to actually own the game to play it."

Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, ha ha.

Said my inner Mandark as I continue playing off of a USB.

So adorable. So naive. <3
Well let's be frank. Nobody is condoning piracy, especially not the PMBR and certainly not a big website like Kotaku.
I guarantee you a majority of people who use USB loading to play PM have bought Brawl but do so for the convenience of USB loading and/or greater customization of their game and/or their Wii's disc reader broke.
Myself, I USB load all of my Wii/Gamecube games, and also have roms for homebrew emulators, but I physically own every single game that I have on my HDD.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Having done intern work with a business company that worked with Kotaku, I gotta say they're not as bad as they seem. At least they got some of their facts right.
They get many more facts wrong, post endless inane bull****, flame bait, and create controversy where there isn't any with the obvious intention of driving up hits rather than delivering gaming news.

If you want an example of Kotaku's hard hitting and compelling stories (just off the top of my head), try searching for:
"Has GLaDOS from Portal Invaded the Olympics?"
"The Real Problem with that Controversial, Sexy Video Game Sorceress"
....and whatever else they think will get a ton of hits. That's all Kotaku is about anymore, face it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Finding out that OC Remix is doing an entire soundtrack remix of Sonic CD is infinitely, infinitely, INFINITELY more hype than anything this thread has produced in a month. :applejack:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
"kotaku isn't good anymore"

as opposed to old kotaku, which had such hard-hitting articles like "What Is Japan’s Fetish This Week? Giant Breasts" (actual article, don't look it up)

patricia's a godsend compared to old kotaku tbh because at least she's moderately accurate and tends to actually care

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Finding out that OC Remix is doing an entire soundtrack remix of Sonic CD is infinitely, infinitely, INFINITELY more hype than anything this thread has produced in a month. :applejack:
Is this surprising given the condition of the social thread during the preceding month? Not to discredit an OCR album of Sonic CD though, that's legit as hell. Might use some music from it to play in Project M 3.0 :troll:

You gotta play a different game some day yo.

MLGF

Smash Lord

I'm not one to be a brony, but I believe this is the proper response.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well let's be frank. Nobody is condoning piracy, especially not the PMBR and certainly not a big website like Kotaku.
I guarantee you a majority of people who use USB loading to play PM have bought Brawl but do so for the convenience of USB loading and/or greater customization of their game and/or their Wii's disc reader broke.
Myself, I USB load all of my Wii/Gamecube games, and also have roms for homebrew emulators, but I physically own every single game that I have on my HDD.
Calm down, Plum. I was making a joke. XD

Besides, I got my Brawl ISO straight from my disc myself. Like you said, it's very convenient for customization since I wouldn't have been able to replace absolutely every single song in the game otherwise.

I was saying that it was cute how unaware of USB Loading so many people still are. Seriously, chill.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
No way, there's already too many tethers. Can we please have a new character without an amazing recovery? Please?

Top Bottom