• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
I want tethers to be nerfed in someway, but I can't think of any way that isn't extremely unfair (EG: the way they used to be).
It's really a rock and a hard place. I think the best fix is to slow them down by a major extent, but I'm not sure how effective that will be.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh goody I wonder what snake changes there are this tiSNAKE HAS A TRANQ GUN

SOMEONE ACTUALLY GAVE HIM A GUN OH GOOD LORD EVERYONE FREAK OUT

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Probably not grenades. I wouldn't be surprised if Nikita got reworked or replaced, hard move to balance.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Finding out that OC Remix is doing an entire soundtrack remix of Sonic CD is infinitely, infinitely, INFINITELY more hype than anything this thread has produced in a month. :applejack:
You know if you weren't so hot in real life, we actually might've had a problem here.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
yeah it replaces the sideb

admittedly it. seems kind of gimmicky? I mean like on one hand, cool there's some instant horizontal coverage, but on the other hand what's the mechanics like, how long is someone exactly in a dizzy state for when they get hit

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Once they added the knife it was clear Snake wasn't going to be a purely explosives character anymore.

So he has the knife and tranquilizer gun for precision attacks and the grenades and C4 for the "blow sh*t up" part of the job.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Don't hate. Ice climbers will be amazing regardless of whether or not their recovery is good. I am incredibly hyped about the ICs.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Don't hate. Ice climbers will be amazing regardless of whether or not their recovery is good. I am incredibly hyped about the ICs.
As soon as I figure out how to nanapult I'm with you. But I can't do it for ****, and after seeing the Wobbles vs Hbox set, it only makes me want to learn it more and more.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
it's a shame that in order to point out attention whoring you have to give them attention and thereby positive reinforcement
****'s sake people ignore it and it will go away, don't even bother calling it out on stupid ****

br8k

Coolkid
it's a shame that in order to point out attention whoring you have to give them attention and thereby positive reinforcement
****'s sake people ignore it and it will go away, don't even bother calling it out on stupid ****
Affirmative. Will do in the future. Wasn't sure what people thought of the troll posts since they were largely ignored. NOW I SEE WHY. Everything is clear. I should sleep.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
If only the side-b could sweetspot the ledge. Now that would be nice for the Ice Climbers. Nanapault is crazy hard, so I won't worry about learning it now. I think that the other desyncs, like alternating dsmash and the throw desyncs are more important.

br8k

Coolkid
I wish forums had Reddit's downvote-until-it-disappears mechanic.

edit: So Kirby used Bite on Wario in the stream and did 26% (112% to 138%) damage. Discuss this madness. Super strong stolen moves kind of makes sense since he's sacrificing whatever advantages inhale-spit might give. And given that he has to land inhale in the first place. And given that it can be beaten out of him. I wonder if they'll be stronger across the board (30% damage charge shot??) or just certain ones being stronger. Or maybe it's just that Bite is really strong now.

br8k

Coolkid
Down-vote = I disagree with you and wanna let you know you're a tw*t, but don't wanna bother wasting a post.
Exactly. It doesn't give them the satisfaction of attention, unless they can manage to enjoy watching a number go into the negatives.

Kirby's copy abilities aren't finished, I'm pretty sure. That was a Brawl bite.
Hmm ok. And Olimar's too unfinished to be seen.

zman804

Smash Ace
Down votes are silly. Ignore something if you don't like it or think it's a troll. Down votes promote circle jerks.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah br8k. You DO know there's an ignore feature, right?
People these days...

If you frequent Reddit at all, you should know exactly why down voting is a terrible idea.

:applejack:

Fortress

Smash Master
Where do you and Strong Bad get your hair done, by the way?

I'm not even kidding. Strong Bad at BH3? ****ing Nathan Drake-tier hair. Hashtag perfect.

I wish forums had Reddit's downvote-until-it-disappears mechanic.
I don't, because leddit. Plus, we have a better one on Smashboards. The ignore function. Just click the user's profile link, click the ignore button, and *boom* no more me sitting here listening to people argue with an imaginary brony.

br8k

Coolkid
Yeah br8k. You DO know there's an ignore feature, right?
People these days...

If you frequent Reddit at all, you should know exactly why down voting is a terrible idea.

Ah thanks, I'll use that.

And yeah, I have seen the bad side of downvotes, so you do have a point.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The line between acceptable trolling and not acceptable trolling is very blurry.

But I figured it out: piss off a mod and your trolling.

Fortress

Smash Master
I pissed off a mod with bees and assisted in locking down an entire thread for a few days, and I wasn't trolling. I'm ahead of the curve.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Reddit is a terrible terrible place filled with homogeneous content and circlejerks. The greatest aspect that forums have over reddit is that every post gets read, not just the same ideas over and over with contrary opinions downvoted into oblivion and terrible jokes because people realize it will get them karma.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, that's a very weak standard to measure, CK. Pissing of a mod doesn't mean you're necessarily trolling.
@Magi: That opinion would get circlejerked on Reddit. In fact, I feel like I've read your post on reddit several times before.

You've become what you hate most.

br8k

Coolkid
Reddit is a terrible terrible place filled with homogeneous content and circlejerks. The greatest aspect that forums have over reddit is that every post gets read, not just the same ideas over and over with contrary opinions downvoted into oblivion and terrible jokes because people realize it will get them karma.
This is why some people browse Reddit on "New" instead of "Top". That is why that setting exists. You're basically right though, although a bit exaggerated.

Top Bottom