• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
by rule, every techskill is at least has one more frame of window compared to their melee counterparts

I don't remember why, but I'm relatively sure it's because of a physics bug that makes it so they can't make it exact???? I'm probs spouting nonsense past that but yeah, overall everything is slightly easier tech-wise

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Its that 1 frame lag thing from brawl that makes everything easier

B.W.

Smash Champion
why? it's not like you'd have to use it if you don't want to.
I'm not sure how this statement makes sense.

Whether or not I have to use it depends on how important of a tool it is for the character. Not whether or not I want to.

JOE!

Smash Hero
by rule, every techskill is at least has one more frame of window compared to their melee counterparts

I don't remember why, but I'm relatively sure it's because of a physics bug that makes it so they can't make it exact???? I'm probs spouting nonsense past that but yeah, overall everything is slightly easier tech-wise
Is that a bad thing though?

JOE!

Smash Hero
That I don't really get...

If it is "easier" to do movement stuff, wouldn't it feel smoother / you'd mess up less?

TreK

Is "that guy"
Isn't Jigglypuff a space animal, technically ?
I mean, she's the moon pokémon that came from a meteorite and all.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is that a bad thing though?

What exactly are we talking about? Are you sure there's some global thing like that?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

that's not why swd is a 2 frame window now. we manually added that and originally made it have the same 1 frame window as melee. it wasn't until the last few months we made it a 2 frame window

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
Meh, spacie mains. Can't never please them.
The issue isn't with things being easier causing them to feel clunky. The problem is that there's a 1 frame delay on all movement. Personally, I still feel like wavedashing is very clunky as, even if you time the wavedash perfectly, you don't start moving from the air dodge until at least a frame after you become airborn, meaning the air dodge starts when you're higher in the air, you get less distance, and it looks clunkier (that last bit about the visuals might just be a personal thing though). Its the biggest issue I personally have with movement so far and I'm sure its the same for a lot of other melee players.

That said, super hype for 3.0, its looking ****ing fantastic, 1 frame delay in movement or not.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
that's not why swd is a 2 frame window now. we manually added that and originally made it have the same 1 frame window as melee. it wasn't until the last few months we made it a 2 frame window

god please tell me you guys fixed the brawl 1 frame thingy :(

you do that and i will personally break every melee disc in half in a one mile radius of my house

well ok no but i will at least break mine and my friends

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm insanely excited for the changelist just to see what engine improvements have been made. I wouldn't be surprised if that was fixed, but I'm really looking forward to see what all has been touched up.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I'm insanely excited for the changelist just to see what engine improvements have been made. I wouldn't be surprised if that was fixed, but I'm really looking forward to see what all has been touched up.
me too man! i think i wont actually be able to play when it comes out which sucks but if the changelist comes out the day after then i'll be excited just to read it and then read it again until i get to play or get to see at least one video

SpiderMad

Smash Master
god please tell me you guys fixed the brawl 1 frame thingy :(

you do that and i will personally break every melee disc in half in a one mile radius of my house

well ok no but i will at least break mine and my friends
save the 1.0s

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think he means initially where the Morph Ball leaves a trail before using Bombs into an SWD.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Personally, I still feel like wavedashing is very clunky as, even if you time the wavedash perfectly, you don't start moving from the air dodge until at least a frame after you become airborn, meaning the air dodge starts when you're higher in the air, you get less distance, and it looks clunkier
but both the momentum from the jump and the airdodge are delayed by one frame, meaning you begin the movement airdodge at the same height, but it happens one frame later.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I thought it was the SWD
I think he means initially where the Morph Ball leaves a trail before using Bombs into an SWD.
watch that part of the video again, where samus shoots a missle, nairs, then fairs DK. She then boosts behind him leaving a glowing trail, and hits him in the process. I'm pretty sure that's a crawl attack. She doesn't drop a bomb anywhere in there.

See, after the fair, DK starts a side-b, but it's interrupted by a weak hitbox on that morph ball attack which I'm assuming is a crawl attack

Top Bottom