• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's a very weak standard to measure, CK. Pissing of a mod doesn't mean you're necessarily trolling.
:applejack:
That's kind of my point Espy. Trolling is only considered bad when a mod says it is. Otherwise, nobody cares.

Like Fortress' example, I don't think anything that was said warranted closing the social thread for a week, But there is no objective standard by which you could make that determination.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
hey could anyone be so kind as to tell me anything new on the stream? as far as i've read they changed snakes side-b (always seemed like an unfair move in so many different ways) and kirby did 30% damage with bite? i'd appreciate it and anybody else that has a ****ty internet connection

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Yeah, that's a very weak standard to measure, CK. Pissing of a mod doesn't mean you're necessarily trolling.
@Magi: That opinion would get circlejerked on Reddit. In fact, I feel like I've read your post on reddit several times before.

You've become what you hate most.
unfortunately yes I probably have as whenever I do visit reddit I always only browse circlejerk, tor, or circlebroke.

This is why some people browse Reddit on "New" instead of "Top". That is why that setting exists. You're basically right though, although a bit exaggerated.
also yes I know the new function exists, but it's not a default. Another problem with reddit is that default things still have lots of power, and the vast majority of users use the default "best" setting.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I browse random subreddits. It's a lot more fun and less circlejerky than you think. :applejack:

br8k

Coolkid
unfortunately yes I probably have as whenever I do visit reddit I always only browse circlejerk, tor, or circlebroke.
You browse circlejerk? Isn't that a circlejerk about circlejerks? Actually, pondering the infinite layers of irony inherent in the concept of /r/circlejerk is kind of blowing my mind.

Reddit has its strengths and weaknesses. At least there's way less blatant misinformation than Tumblrrr but that's a separate discussion and I appreciate Tumblr too despite its faults.

This thread becomes significantly more confusing and ambiguous with Espy ignored. This is a flaw. Oh wait there's a Show Ignored Content button I just noticed. Cool.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yeah, now that the topic has been brought up by one single individual, and we appear to be doing nothing of further importance and wealth of information, I decree that the new topic be this:

What has everyone been able to gather through streams and other outlets regarding 3.0's characters, optimizations, etc?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
You browse circlejerk? Isn't that a circlejerk about circlejerks? Actually, pondering the infinite layers of irony inherent in the concept of /r/circlejerk is kind of blowing my mind.

Reddit has its strengths and weaknesses. At least there's way less blatant misinformation than Tumblrrr but that's a separate discussion and I appreciate Tumblr too despite its faults.

This thread becomes significantly more confusing and ambiguous with Espy ignored. This is a flaw. Oh wait there's a Show Ignored Content button I just noticed. Cool.
2meta4u
ha way less blatant information ha
you must've never gotten into an argument with a men's rights activist, a nazi apologist, an anti-Roma activist, or a rabid libertarian on reddit. Reddit, while maybe not as worse in blatantly false information, more than makes up for it in bias, selective emphasis, and skewed OPs represented as fact in supposed "serious discussion" subreddits.

Fortress

Smash Master
WHAT'S THIS?!
not doing this again
I'd reply to you, but that'd just draw more attention to

****, ****, ****.

Also, what's the skinny on 3.0 Link? I've been out all day, and just got in. Is he roughly the same from the looks of things? Any huge changes? And what was with Snake smoking? New taunt/idle?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why would you click on show ignored if you ignored that person to begin with.
I don't understand. What do you actually want?

To stay on topic, what I've gathered from the stream and other media is that Project M is pretty much exactly as I imagined it.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

To stay on topic, what I've gathered from the stream and other media is that Project M is pretty much exactly as I imagined it.

lol it's ironic because usually your "on-topic" P:M posts derail threads more than your off-topic ones.

br8k

Coolkid
2meta4u
ha way less blatant information ha
you must've never gotten into an argument with a men's rights activist, a nazi apologist, an anti-Roma activist, or a rabid libertarian on reddit. Reddit, while maybe not as worse in blatantly false information, more than makes up for it in bias, selective emphasis, and skewed OPs represented as fact in supposed "serious discussion" subreddits.
So there are super opinionated idiots on there. Like there are the "KILL ALL MEN" people on Tumblr. And entire forums out there dedicated to the kinds of things that you give as an example.

I was thinking more of the SMASH 4 ALT COSTUMES incident kinda thing. Things that occur because communication is clumsy on Tumblr. This topic of discussion is pretty nebulous let's leave it here. :v

Well what I want is to not run into anti-P:M troll posts as I browse the social thread. But this is conflicting with the fact that I also want to be able to tell what's going on in the social thread. Wait this is really obvious you're trolling me aren't you ha ha oh well.

And as always when replying to you...

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
So there are super opinionated idiots on there. Like there are the "KILL ALL MEN" people on Tumblr. And entire forums out there dedicated to the kinds of things that you give as an example.

I was thinking more of the SMASH 4 ALT COSTUMES incident kinda thing. Things that occur because communication is clumsy on Tumblr. This topic of discussion is pretty nebulous let's leave it here. :v
that happens all the time everywhere haha and actually smashboards is suspect to the same thing with the whole hey look some random chinese website says they know the full character list for sm4sh and they have one right so they must be the gospel thing

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wasn't the grab+blizzard combo a type of wobbling? If wobbling was taken out, how exactly does this mechanic work now?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The sad thing is, you can't even advocate on behalf of men without being called a member of a hate group. But you can advocate taking resources away from men and your a progressive activist.

It's like a double standard or something......

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
!!!!!!!

Guys
GUYS
I clicked Like on a post
It took me to a page asking if I really wanted to like that post

9KPLUS1 HAS BEEN SPOTTED

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Samus has been promoting what we don't have enough of.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The sad thing is, you can't even advocate on behalf of men without being called a member of a hate group. But you can advocate taking resources away from men and your a progressive activist.

It's like a double standard or something......
I'm a White Guy

I basically get to rule the World

Small correction: I'm not old or rich yet, curses.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
SO... Can we stray the topic back to Pokémon, now? A long, heated Pokédebate ought to be fun.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That'd be off topic though. We're here to discuss Project M. Preferably v3.0 that's coming in December.
Unless you meant a discussion about the Pokemon available in PM. :applejack:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I kind of meant Mewtwo vs Lucario. lol. ¬_¬;;

Fortress

Smash Master
Hey now, me and Eli took the ban's like men. You sissy boys got slapped on the wrist

Technically in this situation, wouldn't I be/turn INTO the big man?
What can I say, we all have to start somewhere. Lordship title doesn't come quickly.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hey now, me and Eli took the ban's like men. You sissy boys got slapped on the wrist

Technically in this situation, wouldn't I be/turn INTO the big man?
Everytime I read your name, I think of Dark Magician Girl rather than Damage or any other acronym. And then I realize you're a guy. Weird stuff

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
What does this even mean
I can only assume that something you posted was offensive towards sonic fans, and to be fair sonic fans are more or less their own race of twisted subhuman monsters... so offending sonic fans is in its own special way racist.
:denzel:

Top Bottom