• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Yo why would anyone challenge me to a roster battle in this game
Do you have a public humiliation fetish or something that you wanna reveal to your friends and family

Paradoxium

Smash Master
No, just don't get what all the buzz is about when it comes to 90% of your characters.
Oh i get it, you dont get what all the BUZZ is about, and Elli's portrait is a bee(or wasp thingy?), and the thread was locked because of bee talk. You clever little devil you

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't like having it locked. How else am I supposed to display my greatness, if the Almighty Mods Sasquatches White Men Dorito's Lovers Bee Haters keep locking threads?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
So the way I've done roster battles in the past have been we each pick a side of the character select screen to start on, and progressively make our ways across each row (ex: I start at Sonic, you start at Wario, then winner moves over to the next adjacent character). When you reach the end of a row you move up (or down) to the next adjacent character and continue onwards.

Usually we put on a bunch of common starter stages and each ban 1, then random every game.
If you wanna play it a different way though I'm down, I honestly don't mind. Just that this way seemed simplest and not like "hey lets try to counterpick every matchup".

Also I'd prefer it if we played for some amount of money or if it was at least recorded/streamed.

EDIT: "BZZZZZZ" was the shorthand for this, Idk why you infracted me. It's just that you don't understand my abbreviations, bro.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
All of this roster talk is whatever. Eli, I challenge you to a roster MM, but I get to use this guy for every game:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, may I Dance My Ass Off?

br8k

Coolkid

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I played a bit of Turbo mode teams yesterday. It was one of the most hilarious Smash experiences of my life, lol.

I did a 20-something hit string with Roy, lol. Teams makes it really chaotic, but it's actually a whole lot of fun. I can't wait for you guys to finally get your hands on it.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'm not sure what we can say about DeDeDe. He can do some pretty cool stuff, but in my experience, he's really easy to find an in on, and he's not a bad combo weight either. I'd wait to see more out of him if I were to form an opinion, but others have more open Smash experience than I do at this point.

Yeah, like Neko said, he needs reps. You can't tweak or balance him to a pin unless you get results. You don't even know if he IS balanced lest we get results.

(And that, is why the idea of not playing Project M until it is done, and perhaps complaining about a disbalance after the fact, having not contributed anything to help smooth the edges of said problem, is ridiculous. Don't expect a perfect Smash game to appear without input from others.)

br8k

Coolkid
He's underplayed but has potential.

He just relies a lot on reads.
That description reminds me of Samus. A lot of things about Dedede remind me of Samus, weirdly.

Samus's my Melee main. Samus is cool. I wonder what direction PMBR's taking with Samus development.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
DDD is very polarizing. He is like the reverse Falcon. He is not very good at all in neutral, but once he touches you off stage, say good bye if you are 98% of the cast.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
his waddledash is really silly and the model stretches when he does it. that's my DeDePinion

I will be honest with you internet: that mk fsmash argument was the first time I was real-man-pants grumpy bout videogames

I still can't fully get it. like cripes it's not even a move you should be using ofteeen

I still want more startup tho b/c... I can kinda understand. I mean like double startup b/c I can understand the idea but the fact that it's safe once it's all said and done is what I like about it, it's a quirk, if it wasn't there I'd use anything else because fsmash is iffy most of the time to begin with

I think most of it was like... I was expecting an argument about his glides, or the fact that a smart MK player basically makes it impossible for you to edgeguard and painless for him, the fact that this is the one thing that came up took me rl off guard

SORRY, INTERNET. do you still love me

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Sorry NZA but lol at the Denti suggestion. Reflex is the only legitimate Ivysaur out there with Shady at a close second. Everyone on the recommended list so far could play Ivysaur to a degree sufficient enough to what you have seen from Denti. From what I've seen Sethlon has a better Ivysaur...
I trust you in that opinion. I can't really claim to be a connoisseur on keeping up with the best PM players. Too busy on my own game XD.

Denti

Smash Master
Sorry NZA but lol at the Denti suggestion. Reflex is the only legitimate Ivysaur out there with Shady at a close second. Everyone on the recommended list so far could play Ivysaur to a degree sufficient enough to what you have seen from Denti. From what I've seen Sethlon has a better Ivysaur...
I buy you 2 shots at low tier city 2 for this.

Oracle

Smash Master
I really wish d3 was more centered around his minions. It would be cool if you were rewarded for keeping waddles on stage (which now is not worth doing because you would be on 24 7 suicide watch). Imo waddles should just turn around when they hit a ledge and d3 should have a quick taunt that triggers all the minion's attacks. But as this is not melee minus I doubt it will happen

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Honestly, can we just make a old buff recycle bin? Imagine it, Project Minus, where the forgotten 2.5 Sonics and 2.1 Ikes go!!!

Edit: Seriously though, make Waddle Dee's better, DeDeDe shouldn't be running through an Lucario just keep keep some hitboxes out there.

Top Bottom