• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Korrag

Smash Cadet
NNID
Korrag
I've been browsing the PM forums for a couple months now but never posted, but something caught my eye that is rather mysterious. On Page 17 of this thread a user named Samovar posted this twitter https://twitter.com/AGossipStone which clearly gives riddles about PM reveals and updates that haven't happened yet. Using Roy and Mewtwo as an example here are some tweets.

"I overheard that someone, who possibly carries the blood of dragons, shall set his feet on the battlefield once again." - September 13th
That is clearly talking about Roy who was revealed on September 18th, 5 days later

"They said it was impossible, but from the code of life of a creature so rare comes the vicious monster, finally ready for the counterattack." - October 4th
Again this is talking about Mewtwo, who was revealed on October 13th, a whole 9 days later.

Their last tweet was "They say winter symbolizes the end. But this time, it will only be a new beginning."

So who do you think owns the account, and what exactly is the new beginning? Its rather mysterious and just wanted to bring it up, sorry to any devs who wanted this a secret or something :\

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Hmm, winter is tge last season im the order of seasons. I guess that its just because demo 3.0 comes out at that time. And maybe that there are other unthinkable stuff that have yet to be announced

Korrag

Smash Cadet
NNID
Korrag
Hmm, winter is tge last season im the order of seasons. I guess that its just because demo 3.0 comes out at that time. And maybe that there are other unthinkable stuff that have yet to be announced
It is most likely 3.0 but a new beginning makes it seem like something more, maybe even going out of demo status and getting a full release. I guess we will find out soon :)

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If there was a crew battle between the top 8 of Evo (Shroomed, Ice, Armada, PP, Mew2King, Hungrybox, Wobbles, and Mango) versus the top 8 PM players, who would you pick to represent PM? Assume that all characters in Brawl, Roy, and Mewtwo would be playable.

Based on results and match-up inexperience against Brawl or revamped Melee characters, I'd probably pick (in no particular order) Sethlon, Reflex, Professor Pro, Fly, Kirk, Pikachad, Oro, and Oracle. Anyone else want to post their picks?
I mean it really depends. I dunno where Shroomed, Ice, and Wobbles stack up at this point, but for the most part, I think the PM side would win but mostly due to match-up inexperience. M2K I would predict would be the hardest to take down, and Kirk and Professor Pro (and maybe Fly) would be the wild cards due to how their characters handle the Fox. Is this a crew battle?

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I mean it really depends. I dunno where Shroomed, Ice, and Wobbles stack up at this point, but for the most part, I think the PM side would win but mostly due to match-up inexperience. M2K I would predict would be the hardest to take down, and Kirk and Professor Pro (and maybe Fly) would be the wild cards due to how their characters handle the Fox. Is this a crew battle?
6 metroid 1117's, 1 sub Kirk
Probably the same
I feel like Denti belongs on the List. I might sub out Oro.

Sad that Auto Kongo didn't make the list :(.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Sent in a room reservation Nov 1 for Nov 14 for my smash club. Haven't gotten a response at all from Event Services. I decided to go in today and talk with them in person to figure out what the hell is going on. Turns out I'm apparently not allowed to reserve the room I chose. Thankfully, the person was kind enough to move the smash club meeting to another room and I'm just waiting on confirmation now. Still, 10 days with no response is ****ed up. :I

metroid1117

Smash Master
IMHO, Armada would be the hardest to take down because I don't think anyone in the US has quite reached his Pit in terms of both proficiency with the character and overall player skill.

Also, I'd imagine that Fly and Professor Pro would handle Fox very well just because they have considerable match-up experience from Melee and both characters can do some nasty things to Fox. The neutral game might be rough, but I feel like both characters are different enough from Melee that it would throw off some Melee vets.

Sent in a room reservation Nov 1 for Nov 14 for my smash club. Haven't gotten a response at all from Event Services. I decided to go in today and talk with them in person to figure out what the hell is going on. Turns out I'm apparently not allowed to reserve the room I chose. Thankfully, the person was kind enough to move the smash club meeting to another room and I'm just waiting on confirmation now. Still, 10 days with no response is ****ed up. :I
Yeah, the bureaucracy behind starting a new school club is super obnoxious =/.

Why not Eli

whoops meant to be in regards to a P:M vs Melee crew battle
I'm not sure how Eli would do against top-level spacies; he's taken Mew2King to the last game of sets before, but I don't know how much better he's gotten at fighting against Fox/Falco. I had a super hard time choosing between Oro, Oracle, and Eli for the last two spots.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
IMHO, Armada would be the hardest to take down because I don't think anyone in the US has quite reached his Pit in terms of both proficiency with the character and overall player skill.

Also, I'd imagine that Fly and Professor Pro would handle Fox very well just because they have considerable match-up experience from Melee and both characters can do some nasty things to Fox. The neutral game might be rough, but I feel like both characters are different enough from Melee that it would throw off some Melee vets.
The reason why I think M2K is the most dangerous is because out of all the Top Evo players you listed, he knows the most about PM and with that knowledge is able to adapt quickly, especially with such a versatile character like Fox. Armada is just as dangerous, but I don't know what to think of him since the last time I saw him play PM was at Beast 3, and it was just against Mango's Fox. I don't know what he might do in 2.6, and I don't know how he approaches different match ups aside from Spacies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not sure how Eli would do against top-level spacies; he's taken Mew2King to the last game of sets before, but I don't know how much better he's gotten at fighting against Fox/Falco. I had a super hard time choosing between Oro, Oracle, and Eli for the last two spots.
There are relevant character matchups other than spacies bro.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Also Eli has knowledge of pretty much every character in P:M, something that almost none of the melee vets do.

And given that m2k said that p:m was "just better" than melee I think he should be on p:m's side.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well Id like some type of time frame.

Even something like December 2013 to October 2014 would suffice.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Well Id like some type of time frame.

Even something like December 2013 to October 2014 would suffice.
dont think they are going to give a time frame other than saying winter 2013 or maybe any other season depending on what they release

Oro?!

Smash Hero
A big factor in how Eli or I would perform in a crew battle would be if things are character locked as well. I rely on MK for fastfallers or even Fox sometimes, so if I was character locked on ZSS I could see myself getting counterpicked very easily. If there is the rule where you can change characters if your opponent picks a stage or you are locked if they random a stage, I would likely perform a lot better. Eli plays 5~ characters really well that Melee players wouldn't really know how to deal with, but he really doesn't play broken characters sans Wolf tbh lol.

Sorry NZA but lol at the Denti suggestion. Reflex is the only legitimate Ivysaur out there with Shady at a close second. Everyone on the recommended list so far could play Ivysaur to a degree sufficient enough to what you have seen from Denti. From what I've seen Sethlon has a better Ivysaur...

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I hope we get some epic trailers like Roy's and Mewtwo's for the remaining characters, i know they arent returning from Melee like Roy and Mew2, but they deserve the trailers because hype.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've been browsing the PM forums for a couple months now but never posted, but something caught my eye that is rather mysterious. On Page 17 of this thread a user named Samovar posted this twitter https://twitter.com/AGossipStone which clearly gives riddles about PM reveals and updates that haven't happened yet. Using Roy and Mewtwo as an example here are some tweets.

"I overheard that someone, who possibly carries the blood of dragons, shall set his feet on the battlefield once again." - September 13th
That is clearly talking about Roy who was revealed on September 18th, 5 days later

"They said it was impossible, but from the code of life of a creature so rare comes the vicious monster, finally ready for the counterattack." - October 4th
Again this is talking about Mewtwo, who was revealed on October 13th, a whole 9 days later.

Their last tweet was "They say winter symbolizes the end. But this time, it will only be a new beginning."

So who do you think owns the account, and what exactly is the new beginning? Its rather mysterious and just wanted to bring it up, sorry to any devs who wanted this a secret or something :\
The conspiracies begin.

Someone from the PMBR is leaking information OR this is being done purposely.

Either way, it's entertaining.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
We could all watch his signature for hours.

Anyway, can we just get Roy so Sethlon becomes the most feared low tier Melee vet. imaginable, and proceed to watch him Down tilt folks to oblivion? I'd put Sethlon on my team, knowing the power that is emanating from 3.0's returning chars. Taj too.

Edit: I'm staring at these symbols, but all it's translating to is "A day after maybe, 13:00 PM"!!!!!!!

Top Bottom