• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
Generic Youtuber said:
Hey, not for nothing, Project M guys... I do love all of the work you've done thus far, I really do! However, don't you think you guys should be putting a bit more effort into putting the missing characters from the roster back into the game? Yoshi, Samus, Olimar, Kirby and Ice Climbers are all still nowhere to be seen. Alt. costumes and re-implementing old Melee combatants is great and all, but perhaps focus on putting back in characters who should ALREADY be there, eh? Again, great work

Project M said:
Who said we were done making announcements before release...?
Subtle

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
ZSS was a character with no turbo mode representation, and we were left with a ominous "we may post more turbo videos in the future."......
I'm calling it, we got Ridley. Downsized to serve as a Pichu alternative.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Seriously though, presenting a character for the first time in turbo sounds kind of lame. I want a cinematic intro, especially for a character like Ridley.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
ridley is too big
all ur ever gonna get is charizard recolors, deal with it ridley fans
Just gonna leave this here.

Ridley (Metroid)
But he's too big!

Value - A - Fits the villain role for the Metroid series, which isn't oversaturated either.
Effort - B - Has a model in game... but he's gonna be a lot smaller. There's quite a bit of custom PSA work which can be used for some inspiration, at least.

Background/Reasoning - First of all, the size argument is pretty BS. Captain Olimar and Bowser already show that. Ridley has been shown to be only slightly larger than Samus at times, so shrinking him is fine. Anyways, Ridley is a recurring boss in the Metroid series, and is the most frequent and recognized enemy in the series. Most people here know who Ridley is. After all, he is a boss in Brawl too... Oh yeah, and he just happens to be one of the most requested characters ever since the Brawl speculation days.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
ridley is too big
all ur ever gonna get is charizard recolors, deal with it ridley fans
The argument against that was that size hasnt really mattered in smash games, pikachu is supposes to be small but they mad him larger, and bowser is supposed to be giant but they made him smaller

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The argument against that was that size hasnt really mattered in smash games, pikachu is supposes to be small but they mad him larger, and bowser is supposed to be giant but they made him smaller
Pikachu averages at 1'4" in the games. Bowser is capable of changing size according to An Inside Story, I've read.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Moving away from the ridley argument, im betting that diddy/dixie kong is going to be revealed at friday for ssb4

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Oh yeah, Diddy wan't given a turbo combo since the famous "Official" 3.0 announcement. Dixie isn't a character I'd expect to materialize in our SD cards at this point though, unless the Project M Back Room has actually experimented with original characters. If we were to get a character announcement at some point in the next few weeks, I'd be placing my bets on Samus, or Yoshi, on the grounds that the former was at least decent, and the latter has his fair share of redeemable potential. I'd still keep my hopes relatively level. These characters all seem to have one coding tweak that must be a cringe inducing process to edit.

Edit: Actually, wasn't Diddy just Links projectile target on Skyworld during the "announcement"?

red9rd

Smash Ace

This is a common thing?

Personally I thought it was amazing. Only reason I could see anyone not liking it is because of the forced usage of a Wii remote.

Downvotes literally comes down to "The characters I don't want in this game"

If given the option people will use it to make a nod about the characters they don't really want. It's not even so much the fact that they want them as the fact that if that character is chosen then the character they really want might not be chosen.

At least that's how I see it.
Motion controls is one of a many many reason why SS sucked another is the image above

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Motion controls is one of a many many reason why SS sucked another is the image above
Give me a list sir.

I need to know how little these reasons mean to me to verify just how much I enjoyed the game.

I'll start by agreeing that motion controls are just meh, but I still enjoyed it better than spin attacking everything in Ocarina of Time.
Demise was great. Akuma V2 in SS. MAHVEL BABY

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
good job guys, ridley is ~samus sized in one game likely due to hardware limitations, thank goodness he isn't defined by his enormous size in every other metroid ga- oh wait he is.
Bowser is different sizes in every game, he shrinks and grows many times in individual games, including the Galaxy games and Bowser's inside story. Except that he's bigger than Mario, he's not defined by his size.
Olimar doesn't really have any other characters in his world to compare his size to, it's only assumed based on the appearance of the artifacts they pick up. But I could give you this one. Which makes me want to ask- why is olimar's ridiculous resizing reason to include equally ridiculous resizing of ridley? I do not consider bull**** to be a good excuse for more bull****.
Also all the mods of ridley right now look utterly terrible, jus' sayin'. He isn't meant to be resized, his proportions look ridiculous that small, and he doesn't look like ridley with different proportions. He already has a size and proportions in SSE to begin with, having a second second ridley that looks completely different just so he's no ridiculously unplayable seems remarkably awkward.

SSB4 Social Thread

red9rd

Smash Ace
Give me a list sir.

I need to know how little these reasons mean to me to verify just how much I enjoyed the game.

I'll start by agreeing that motion controls are just meh, but I still enjoyed it better than spin attacking everything in Ocarina of Time.
Demise was great. Akuma V2 in SS. MAHVEL BABY
here's a quick three
+ open world - completely full of emptiness and nothing
- who the **** is demise
- to few mini games and none worth memory
-what the **** is up with the story

Like Ive said many a time on this thread and it seems like a lot agree. the only good part about that game is GROOSE

Kati

Smash Lord
Both he and Kraid were Samus' height in Metroid 1. Hardware limitations is incredibly likely, as Mother Brain was the only larger being in the entire game, but didn't move. Likewise, Kraid became supersized in Super Metroid without an explanation.

Smash bros as a whole has never gotten anything right about Metroid.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I think dark samus would be much cooler anyways... nothing wrong with clone characters if they play much differently, and it makes the work much easier for PMBR. tbh tho, Dark samus would be like, the least cloney clone, probably just sharing a few normals and some of the model.
And who doesn't want a fast, teleporty samus? C'mon now.

Oh well. Nobody even knows if PMBR plans any P:M unique characters, so I haven't got too much stock in the idea.

Fortress

Smash Master
Read as: "What was Hyrule Field from Ocarina again?"

- who the **** is demise
The dude who more-or-less gave us Ganondorf. The first 'Dorf. Just like Hylia's the ancestor of Zelda, and... and... how Link is, erm, Link.

How many times did you go to play the Bombchu Bowling alley, the Treasure Chest game, or the Couple's Carousal after you'd acquired your upgrades from them? How many times?

What the **** was up with Link's Awakening? Dude was in a dream the whole time.

Like Ive said many a time on this thread and it seems like a lot agree. the only good part about that game is GROOSE
There was a lot that was pretty good about SS, just like there was a lot that was **** and tripe in Ocarina.

Dr. Bees confirmed for Project M.
WHAT'S THIS?

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Skyward Sword is great.

I personally didn't have an issue with the controls, but I could see how that would be an issue for some people. Aside from that, the only flaw I can really think of that actually bugged me is that you only go to the same three areas the whole game. They mix up the areas well enough in my opinion, so it's not a big deal, but that kind of sucked.

It's definitely not worth claiming Groose is the only great part, or that it never happened. Seriously people, the game's great.

Edit: Forgot about The Imprisoned. That was terrible all three times it happened at me. Aside from that though... yeah.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So Dry Bowser's gonna get some unique gfx/sfx over bowser's regular ones right? Like blowing sand/wind in place of fire breath?

EDIT: wait no blue fire is better

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What was that one game that was speedrun on speedruns for cancer stream thing that had a Star u would creater and then slide on to cross gaps and an Asian guy was doing the run

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
So Dry Bowser's gonna get some unique gfx/sfx over bowser's regular ones right? Like blowing sand/wind in place of fire breath?

EDIT: wait no blue fire is better
spooky scary koopalings sends shivers down your spine
stomp the skulls of all dry bones and they'll come back to life

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Read as: "What was Hyrule Field from Ocarina again?"

The dude who more-or-less gave us Ganondorf. The first 'Dorf. Just like Hylia's the ancestor of Zelda, and... and... how Link is, erm, Link.

How many times did you go to play the Bombchu Bowling alley, the Treasure Chest game, or the Couple's Carousal after you'd acquired your upgrades from them? How many times?

What the **** was up with Link's Awakening? Dude was in a dream the whole time.

Well, you covered most of what I needed to say. Thank Ye.

here's a quick three
- who the **** is demise

I don't recall it being empty other than the skies
Did you PLAY THE GAME?
Boss battle. Yes it is a mini game.
What's wrong with the story?

Groose was great. The only thing we seem to agree on.

Edit: Forgot about The Imprisoned. That was terrible all three times it happened to me. Aside from that though... yeah.

Top Bottom