• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
DDD should have a more functional dacus because as it is either I'm not doing it right or he barely goes anywhere. Judging by how slippery of a character he is in terms of dashing and landing, it seems his dacus would slide more.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I really wish d3 was more centered around his minions. It would be cool if you were rewarded for keeping waddles on stage (which now is not worth doing because you would be on 24 7 suicide watch). Imo waddles should just turn around when they hit a ledge and d3 should have a quick taunt that triggers all the minion's attacks. But as this is not melee minus I doubt it will happen
I agree, yet disagree. A "commander" style character would be really interesting, and it would only make sense on either DDD or Olimar. At the same time, how the hell do you design such a thing for a competitive platform fighter, let alone balance it?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
~Brawl- is the answer to everything~

Gah, 3 long-ass midterms today, i dont have much free time; gtgfast

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Jeez a lot of people here are doing midterms/college apps, honestly i hate this ****, i should just go to the military for 2 years

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That being said, did you guys watch P5.5 P:M? What were your favorite matches?

For those you havnt seen any matches yet, check out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp/videos

and

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007/videos

There is a bunch of stuff so take some time to watch. :V

Jeez a lot of people here are doing midterms/college apps, honestly i hate this ****, i should just go to the military for 2 years

As far as I know, US Military contracts are minimum 4 years, but hey I've only served in one branch so this easily can or cannot be the case for other branches.

And of course, if you don't live in US, this doesnt apply lol.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.

And if you join the military, you'll be highly encouraged to do college classes so don't be silly and do your college work, get a degree, THEN maybe join the military. It's better potentially being an officer anyway.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah being an officer is the best thing you can do in the military simply because being Enlisted SUCKS unless you have a good chain of command like this guy ^^^^^^^.

And not unlucky like me.

D

Deleted member

Yo I'll 4 stock everyone on that list son
With your own damn characters

See me at Apex

i think you're an excellent player.

that said, i'm still going to trash you at apex.

to prove to myself that i can do it. as a goal.

Kati

Smash Lord
First off, I couldn't care less about Sonic, but I am curious: have Sonic players gotten over the 2.6 changes and do they find that he plays well in the current build? I suppose I am just as curious about Ike as well, but his supposed nerfs/redesign occurred far earlier.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
And if you join the military, you'll be highly encouraged to do college classes so don't be silly and do your college work, get a degree, THEN maybe join the military. It's better potentially being an officer anyway.
My parents are already paying for my older siblings to go college, and since i probably wont get a scholarship (i have average grades and i only play piano) i have about 3 choices, work, live in a rental house with my friends, or go in the military. Believe me im doing the college work, i just think it wont get me to college. If i join the military they could at least pay for my college

Sarix

Smash Ace
I'm surprised anyone would have college midterms at this time. I only have 4 weeks till my semester is over. Though my finals are much less studying and more will I realistically get 3 low poly characters rigged with a few animations in that time frame.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
First off, I couldn't care less about Sonic, but I am curious: have Sonic players gotten over the 2.6 changes and do they find that he plays well in the current build? I suppose I am just as curious about Ike as well, but his supposed nerfs/redesign occurred far earlier.
I feel like Ike does great.

Sonic not so much. He's a lot more sensible, but he relies a lot on bait and punish / dash dancing. Players who are really familiar with Sonic can manage to do a bunch of tricks to get more out of the character and even steer away from bait and punish, but it's still one of sonic's best tools now. I personally don't like the feel, but he's not bad. Just okay in a game filled with good characters and above.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The Hitler videos just never get old.

br8k

Coolkid
The plebians on Tumblr think the alt. costumes are for Smash 4 (or are fakes). At first I was laughing, and now I just feel sick to my stomach.
This was posted on /r/ssbpm and it's an obvious exaggeration to just say it's the plebeians on Tumblr. There are Project M fans there. There are people who realize that it's inaccurate.

The problem with Tumblr is that communication is so unwieldy since you have to reblog a post to reply, and people have to browse through all the Likes and Reblogs and just happen to see your correction. This kinda thing wouldn't happen on Reddit since the correction would be upvoted to the top so everyone would see it.

This unfortunately leads to a lot of people on Tumblr taking weird things at face value and never seeing the correction. Lots of potential for misinformation and ignorance. It's a major flaw in either the design or the popular usage of Tumblr. :I

(I like Tumblr when it's used properly. As in blogs of original content, or blogs run by people experienced enough to take a couple seconds to fact check stuff on Google before posting.)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cj38yvmOnU , I have no clue how this cypher drop works but I hold up and shield or something and it works without going into the laggy drop animation. My friend at a tournament mentioned P:M still has Brawl platform landing when you hold down or something idk if that's what it's doing, maybe that's just for moving platforms though

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
run by people experienced enough to take a couple seconds to fact check stuff on Google before posting.
How the hell does one find all the PM alt costume renders without noticing they're PM related?

br8k

Coolkid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cj38yvmOnU , I have no clue how this cypher drop works but I hold up and shield or something and it works without going into the laggy drop animation. My friend at a tournament mentioned P:M still has Brawl platform landing when you hold down or something idk if that's what it's doing, maybe that's just for moving platforms though
Are you... air dodging out of the laggy drop animation? I suppose you would have realized quickly if it was that...

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
What im curious about is that brawl platform canceling occurs at any platform and it just randomly happens to me; i have no idea how to do it sadly, it looks really useful

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Platform canceling only works on platforms that move
Platform canceling was incredibly easy in brawl, as youre passing through the platform, just tap down. AFAIK this method doesn't work at all in PM anymore, so the only way to do it is the overlycomplicated ways which are do an aerial or shield and press down as youre passing the platform

if tapping still worked, i think it would be an extremely viable movement option, but because overcomplication works, i dont think its worth learning the timing when you can just waveland

ALSO, does anyone have Gallo's contact info or something they could pass onto me?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i would but youtube is now wonky as **** with all that google+ integration

i still haven't merged into it, and apparently i need to in order to send messages, but **** that lmao

do you know if he has anything else, if not i guess ill use google+

oh ****, nvm got it

metroid1117

Smash Master
IMHO Ike is a good character, but a lot of his most profitable/dirty combos require incorrect DI on the opponent's part when Ike gets a grab. Even so, he has a lot of perks going for him otherwise, like a much more versatile up+B, a quicker NAir, and awesome throws that either combo or position the opponent. However, he still struggles against characters that are good at pressuring and that have good options out of CC (like Sheik).

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
i think you're an excellent player.

to prove to myself that i can do it. as a goal.
This is Eli

I think you're a garbage player.
to prove nothing because it doesn't matter

PS: I have no idea how to get a hold of Gallo, sorry

Top Bottom