• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Well I don't really eat chips anymore anyways.. bleh. All those chips are probably like chemical powders. lol
Respect to that, they're really just an instant gratification type of food. They're gross when you think about it, I've stopped eating them too.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
anyone remember when sun chips changed their bag to be as loud as an airplane taking off when you tried to open the bag?
brb trying this in the college class I hate the most.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
They had a strong ketchup and syrup taste lol.

They werent terrible at least. I managed to eat a whole bag so it's not like it was vomit enducing.

They just were off the mark from their intended flavor and the result just wasnt good.

suddenly kage

Disgusting chips <_<.

Ketchup chips however... delicious.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yeah, I haven't had these myself, but it sounds like an extremely gross combination of flavours.
Are you referring to the the chips, or the idea of fried chicken and waffles in general?
In general flavored chips are pretty whack... as is basically anything trying to replicate flavors of other foods...Actual chicken and waffles can go together very well when done right. Then again I'm sure your idea of comfort food is very different than what you would find in soul/southern American cooking.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I can't remember the last time I had either chicken OR waffles, let alone both together. o.O

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I dont know if naked juice is available here, but ill give it a try whenever i got the chance

Oh and also Kage = best ganondorf

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Kage is the Ganon of the 3rd time line.

@Above post: I don't think Nintendo cares enough at this point in time because we're such a small portion of their fanbase.

We're a fanbase within a fanbase.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I hate nintendo, yet, i love them. Why is this happening to meeeeee~

JOE!

Smash Hero
(Discussion from the Reddit page)
Do you guys think if PM were to receive a C&D, it would have happened a while ago? Nintendo has been going after much more obscure projects (which are technically in the illegal zone). http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._down_following_nintendos_copyright_complaint
Do you agree with Nintendo's strong stance with this project, or should it have allowed it to grow and, by extension, play a role in solidifying the role of Super Mario Bros. in popular gaming culture? Let us know in the comments below.
Uhm, excuse me article?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
To be fair, making a new game with their intellectual property, even if it's a recreation, is a whole different issue compared to making a mod to an existing game.

red9rd

Smash Ace
I'm surprised they still haven't gone after Pokemon3d, which goal is to recreate all the Pokemon games all in one with Co-op play and with unhacked global trading center unlike the real trading center.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It probably hasnt gained enough traction. Plus the Pokemon Company might be involved with keeping Ninty at bay. You really dont see many, if any, pokemon fan works being C&D'd do you?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yeah, I bet Pokemon is a special case especially because they are affiliated with Nintendo as opposed to being a direct Nintendo title . Otherwise I would have expected all the various stuff like Pokemon simulators to be hit with C&D, but that never happens.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Speaking of Pokemon.
Instead of nerfing what Ivysaur DOES (aside from maybe a tweak to Razor Leaf), why not just make her Spot-Dodge balls like Falcon, and her Roll balls like Bowser?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Speaking of Pokemon.
Instead of nerfing what Ivysaur DOES (aside from maybe a tweak to Razor Leaf), why not just make her Spot-Dodge balls like Falcon, and her Roll balls like Bowser?
That just kinda polarizes the character and also doesn't address the problems with Ivy.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Damnit ds22. Your sig just ****ed up my mind again. I completely forgot about it.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I wonder what Nintendo thinks about the fact that Melee is still popular. Investigating Project M for potential legal action only makes it more apparent what kind of game the fans want.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
NoA might realize that, but Sakurai has to be the one to REALLY realize it.

Like Iwata may be CEO of NoA now, but that doesnt really mean too much.

Like the message has to smack Sakurai in the face because Project M shows and proves that it's not just the competitive community that prefers Melee's gameplay, but a decent portion of dedicated (keyword here) smash fans really love Melee's gameplay more than Brawls.

Of course, a good part of our fanbase is just enamored with some of the cool **** we've done, but I digress.

Top Bottom