• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Is it just me or is Majora's Mask the best Zelda game? Or just one of the most unique and beautiful games ever?

I never played it, but I watched it being beaten by many people during its first few years after release and it's still so good.

I gonmake a majorapreciate threadya
I still maintain that oracle of ages is the best Zelda game

And I just lost another post to the nightly backup

Seriously, @Warchamp7 I get a notice that tells me that I can't Like a post during the backup, but I don't get a notice that tells me I can't submit a post????

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I posted w/o worry because the backup always happens at 4am EST, but apparently it happened at 3 tonight.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
server isn't accounting for daylight savings time, I guess? idk

I'm mostly annoyed that, when it's backing up and you accidentally press post not knowing that, it will eat up the post you wrote instead of just popping out an error, which would at least let me copy/paste my post into notepad or s/t

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So Ive just finished reading stone ocean, what the **** was that ending.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the only reason I think 2016's campaign in the US will be close is b/c there's so many scummy things hilary clinton is attached to (like the time she straight-up mocked a victim of child abuse behind hidden recordings before trying to tell courts they deserved it) (go look it up, I can't look too hard into it without a sore stomach myself) that there's political ammunition for centuries alone

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
We don't even have an excuse this time to vote just because "first ____ President in the US"; Obama ruined that by being a bad president (or second term Bush 2.0, also synonymous for bad). I really doubt Hilary is going to get a free pass because she has way too much dirt on her history. She's insane.

D

Deleted member

I have little faith in any politicians, so it's mostly between choosing the lesser of two evils. However, I could never in good conscience vote for a Republican as long as they continue to live in the 1950's era of social issues. I think that has been and will be the deciding factor for most people. With things like foreign policy, nobody knows what the hell they're doing on either side of the debate, but I feel that Democrats, while not exactly blazing any new trails or really even caring much at all, are at least not actively working towards turning back the clock while blatantly hiding behind religious dogma. I have zero tolerance for that.

Really, it's not about who is best for us but rather who might hurt us the least.

Also, I love pumpkin pie with whipped cream it's so good omg.

Last edited by a moderator:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
My post that gotten eaten up was just me saying I don't keep up with politics because I like neither democrats nor republicans. I think that the current system is total ****. The electoral college is stupid. The two party system was something mother****ing Washington told us to avoid for christ's sake. I think the idea that you can make a career in politics is dumb. I think that the rich should be taxed insanely more and that we spend way too much on our military. I think that the health insurance system is stupid and that healthcare should be a right, not something I have to pay for. America is capitalism run amok. It's an oligarchy.

Not one damn thing in the world makes what a businessman does for an hour worth more than I make in a month slaving away in some dank ass restaurant.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Silly 'muricans

At least in France we get to vote for the lesser of ten-fifteen evils instead of just two.
Yeah the result is tge same if you're wondering.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
More engineers and scientists should run for office, not goddamn slimy lawyers and the dregs of academia.
Because the people who want power are the exact people that don't deserve it
And they make me sick

*trasformers reaction gif*

thats the best mechwarrior impression I can do without an extensive gif library.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I had to take a look at the avvy. That was a pretty good impression.

ETA: let's have a listening party to one of my favorite albums

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
More engineers and scientists should run for office, not goddamn slimy lawyers and the dregs of academia.
You're looking for a Technocracy then. China is relatively close to that: lot of engineers near the top

American Presidential elections should be something bigger and better. I dunno why there's not over 1000 candidates trying to fill in the shoes of "the leader of the free world". You get like... maybe 20 semi-serious candidates each for both parties, a couple of independents, etc. There's more competition at ****in Middle School Spelling Bees. It's sad

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Why do we have a president. The other branches have multiple members, but we only have one president.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Maybe cuz having a pres is intimidating?? idek

Also PMDT i thought you said you were gonna nerf fox
You have failed us
what is this still doing in the game

Last edited:

Scarlet Bean

Smash Apprentice
THATS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY GANON IS BROKEN AS ****

extra: HE'S STILL GETTING BUFFS

extra2: WTF PMBRDT

extra3: ILL MISS YOU BROKENDORF, MORE BROKENDORF COMING

extra4: OH AND I AM GOING TO WATCH YAKITATE JAPAN WITH WELCOME TO NHK AND GJ-BU

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Supposedly the GOP intentionally selected candidates closer to the center for these midterms, so that's nice. For some people, taxes already aproach 50 percent. The problem is that there are so many loopholes and other crap, it feels impossible to know the true amount paid in taxes.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Everyone's just trying to figure out what's going to fix **** and are paying less attention to whether the tool they're using is red or blue. Things are that dire I guess.
Can't fix jack when cronyism is the name of the game, which it always has been. Damn lobbyists/pocketed scum.

Violent revolution soon, I hope.
There's no use trying to reason with people like that. /intentional irony
As an both of those first two things, I'm more a fan of enlightened tyranny/benevolent dictatorship because it would actually do it's job of running things.

Oh, wait, no; "freedom", "rights" and "democracy".

Not what's going on now, not at all.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I won't go so far as to say he was a good president, but I've noticed that many of the problems people talk about were in some way caused by the previous presidency. The US has a bad habit of blaming presidents for not instantly fixing the previous' mistakes.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
>obama is bad
>obama is bush 2.0
>paul krugman, a nobel-prize-winning economist says that obama is the blueprint for a successful presidency
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/in-defense-of-obama-20141008
I'm sure Krugman's **** riding is going to stop all the Bush Administration policies of the Unitary Executive that Obama is continuing and in fact making permanent with more powers given to the President.

And bring hope to the people of Pakistan when a blue sky means that death will rain down upon them from the collateral damage of drone strikes. Which can hit anyone for any reason because imminent threat is defined as "whatever we want to do."

Paul should stick to economics instead of playing cheerleader, that's what he's good at.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I won't go so far as to say he was a good president, but I've noticed that many of the problems people talk about were in some way caused by the previous presidency. The US has a bad habit of blaming presidents for not instantly fixing the previous' mistakes.
It's more like every problem gets blamed on the president.

The president recieving this much flak aint nothing new, Fox news just didn't report on Bush's crap since he owned them so it just seems like there's more bashing

Top Bottom