• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
bruh
I seid he and he Peps need to get on 3.2 cause he on 3.0
Me right
Stahp

Vashimus

Smash Master
I can't be only one that the first time they saw the Dredd trailer, thought it was gonna be a movie about Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Hey, I'm the guy organizing the PM tournament this Friday at Baylor. It's in Martin Residence Hall Lobby at 5PM. It's open to all Baylor students! I posted a tournament listing on here as well. You can go talk/ask questions about the tournament over there. Thanks guys!

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
So I caused my first salt yesterday
I played a good Ganon in my area, only started in the summer but was playing and doing well against tournament level guys. I've only started not even two months ago. I did well and he started going off about DK "needing no skill, he just gimps and he wins" while I was Dairing him into the abyss for the KO a second time. I was honestly close to laughing.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I played a good Ganon in my area, only started in the summer but was playing and doing well against tournament level guys. I've only started not even two months ago. I did well and he started going off about DK "needing no skill, he just gimps and he wins" while I was Dairing him into the abyss for the KO a second time. I was honestly close to laughing.
But
But
BUT DK AUTOCOMBOS WDF
so marvel
Many air dash
wow

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I hate how everytime I get punished for playing too many games, I realize that other than schoolwork, all I do is play games.
I'm such a nerd.

I need to do something for fun that doesn't qualify as escapism or as something I can put on a college transcript.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master

Lizalfos

Smash Master
cause shooting shyguys mid combo is the best taunt.

And I'm guessing the Ivy thing is changed in 3.5. I think DrinkingFood complained, and someone on the DT responded that he would consider.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's not support ghost, it's Super Randall

(Plus 10 swoops to anyone who guesses the reference)

D

Deleted member

Maybe they were able to stop Lucario and Ivysaur from charging/healing when they hit a stage hurtbox. Can somebody from the PMDT confirm or deny this?

Also, I think the idea of using white Shy Guys as indicators for the support ghosts is a nice, creative solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Maybe they were able to stop Lucario and Ivysaur from charging/healing when they hit a non-character.

Can somebody from the PMDT confirm or deny this?
But why would they talk about PK Thunder no longer getting interrupted by them and then not mention those changes to Ivy and Lucario?

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
cause shooting shyguys mid combo is the best taunt.

And I'm guessing the Ivy thing is changed in 3.5. I think DrinkingFood complained, and someone on the DT responded that he would consider.
He would complain

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
As a Ganon, I loathe DK. Well, maybe it's just i've had to deal with my training partner always playing him. In Brawl, I mained Lucas, and Lucas' worst matchup is in fact DK. It's been infuritating. I've managed to deal with him now, but as it's my most versed matchup, I'd have to say DK is stronger in it, but not by too much. Probably a little closer than 60/40.

When we play it's basically a battle of the brutes and it's always the most intense battle.
And DKs arms man.
Those
God
Forsaken
Arms
F that sheit

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I always called the support ghost/Blarggwich ghost penis for the longest time lol.

As a Ganon, I loathe DK. Well, maybe it's just i've had to deal with my training partner always playing him. In Brawl, I mained Lucas, and Lucas' worst matchup is in fact DK. It's been infuritating. I've managed to deal with him now, but as it's my most versed matchup, I'd have to say DK is stronger in it, but not by too much. Probably a little closer than 60/40.

When we play it's basically a battle of the brutes and it's always the most intense battle.
And DKs arms man.
Those
God
Forsaken
Arms
F that sheit
I thought Marth was Lucas worst MU cause of the range and grab release pummel infinite in Brawl?

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ey, any TO here ?

I have 8 setups
I have the venue from 11am to 6pm
I have a 32 players limit

My plan is currently 4 player round robin pools used to then seed a 32 man double elim bracket, with a one hour break between pools and brackets to let people eat. I'll probably only record top 4 so half of top 8 can be done on separate setups, it won't be a 2 hours top 8 :p

I'm worried because that's two hours less than I had last time. It's improbable I'll cap, but in the case I do, does that sound feasible to you ?

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
DK has some too, I think they're worse, but don't quote me on that

Lucas was so bad on grab releases regardless. Glad the kid actually is good in PM, sucks I can't find the want to use him.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Ey, any TO here ?

I have 8 setups
I have the venue from 11am to 6pm
I have a 32 players limit

My plan is currently 4 player round robin pools used to then seed a 32 man double elim bracket, with a one hour break between pools and brackets to let people eat. I'll probably only record top 4 so half of top 8 can be done on separate setups, it won't be a 2 hours top 8 :p

I'm worried because that's two hours less than I had last time. It's improbable I'll cap, but in the case I do, does that sound feasible to you ?
That sounds really doable.
For the tourney I'm Co hosting it turns out my college sucks and double booked our room again, so we have it from 3 to 10 instead of 11 to 10. We don't have a cap, and rely o n players bringing set ups, so it's really hit or miss with our time constrants.
normally though, we are able to run both melee and pm at once in around 8 hours, although we don't run pools and are pretty lenient.
You should be fine, just MAKE SURE POOLS RUNS SMOOTHY
pools can take stupid amounts of time if the pool leaders aren't organized.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I've been using Anther's smash ladder and holy crap it's pretty good. IT's still newish but I can't think of anything wrong with it or bugs so far.

EDIT: Cause I'm a dummie.

Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
Is it just me or is Majora's Mask the best Zelda game? Or just one of the most unique and beautiful games ever?

I never played it, but I watched it being beaten by many people during its first few years after release and it's still so good.

I gonmake a majorapreciate threadya

Top Bottom