• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
You don't need to shield to stop momentum of movement on the ground.

Custom equipment are terrible because they are inherently random in balancing out, all of them are which is what Nintendo told us straight up int he tree house how there are borderline countless number of equipment.

Custom Movesets are simple and easy to account for, Equipment are not and create huge issues in how to unlock and balance them out.

The game is fine.
I worded my statement very weirdly but I'll basically sum it up to clear confusion.
I do agree that custom equipment is bad, I just dislike that whenever someone suggests using it for something like speeding up the characters to make the game feel a tad bit faster a bunch of people start posting "Omg but this isn't Melee, stop that!". No one ever mentioned Melee to begin with, sometimes people don't want to play a sluggish game, although I realize there are people that do.
Anyways, I accept Smash 4 for what it is and will still play it. The reason I'm playing it is because it isn't Melee, even though I love that game to death.

If I came of as hostile in this response I'm sorry, I have no ill-will towards you.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Fox 60/40 against Sheik? I don't really see it. I'd rather say the matchup is even.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
MFW I was planning to main ZSS and Greninja back since the april direct
People miiiiiiight have the wrong idea about me, lel

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
People always think I'm a melee player because I play Marth/Sheik, even though I started playing Marth in Brawl and Sheik in PM.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Play who you want and tell people to EAD. If you really like the character who you are playing and they are top tier then it sucks cause you gonna get labeled by some folks. People who really like Meta-Knight cause they enjoy the character personality or whatever from the respective series got crap on in Brawl and kinda felt bad playing their favorite character. Gonna happen in Smash 4 as well.

Vashimus

Smash Master
:4sheik::rosalina::4zss::4greninja::4lucario::4yoshi::4fox::4bowser:

imo. And then you have some other really solid characters like Duck Hunt, Koopalings, Sonic and Diddy. Fox is debatable, but Fox is good in every game if we're being perfectly honest.

Of course what the **** do I know, but I'd say Smash 4's meta has a pretty nice future ahead of it.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Also, why has Nintendo not yet patched Rush cancelling?
It's so frustrating.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
mega sceptile is dead to me though
I'm in serous denial, he didn't deserve it. I would have made him grass/fighting and slap CC onto him or something.
I'll never have my dragon-dancing, flying, banana tree giraffe.
Nah man, Sceptile got the Mega he deserved. He's been part of the dragon egg family since his debut in 3rd gen. Honestly, finding out that my Treecko could have Dragonbreath by breeding with a Salamence was the coolest thing as a kid. Just like finding out I could get Hydro Pump on a Bagon.
MFW I was planning to main ZSS and Greninja back since the april direct
People miiiiiiight have the wrong idea about me, lel
Before a bunch of stuff for Smash 4 got revealed I was so indecisive. At first I said ZSS to match PM, then switched to Rosalina once she was revealed and then to Palutena when she was revealed and have stuck with her. Only to find out my first two picks were top tier and my final decision is very questionable now lol

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
More like why haven't made footstools techable when you land on the ground and get rid of Diddy Kong's popgun hitstun canceling? Same with the Wario glitches and Yoshi's as well.

EDIT: Also I played Brawl at my local con in my state yesterday after playing soo much smash 4 and holy crap that game is floaty and stiff as balls. Never again also some folks brought PM into the game room here I was very surprised.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Before a bunch of stuff for Smash 4 got revealed I was so indecisive. At first I said ZSS to match PM, then switched to Rosalina once she was revealed and then to Palutena when she was revealed and have stuck with her. Only to find out my first two picks were top tier and my final decision is very questionable now lol
I too was interested in Rosa for a while after seeing Bill Trinen mess around with the character at e3
But not feeling her too much now after seeing people play her.
I'm still excited for ZSS.
and Greninja has a stage-long dacus confirmed, can't go back on my decision anymore lol

And I dunno about Palu, I definitely think she holds some promise. Might be interesting to explore the character some more, specially since people have already given up on her without seeing much. But that's ultimately up to you.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
:4sheik::rosalina::4zss::4greninja::4lucario::4yoshi::4fox::4bowser:

imo. And then you have some other really solid characters like Duck Hunt, Koopalings, Sonic and Diddy. Fox is debatable, but Fox is good in every game if we're being perfectly honest.

Of course what the **** do I know, but I'd say Smash 4's meta has a pretty nice future ahead of it.
apperantly Rob is very strong as well, like just as good as bowser, his up-throw is the strongest kill throw in the game. Haven't messed around with him at all though, just word of mouth from my brawl friends. From what I've played I agree with that list though, its still very early for a whole list but those are definitely really strong characters

Vashimus

Smash Master
And I dunno about Palu, I definitely think she holds some promise. Might be interesting to explore the character some more, specially since people have already given up on her without seeing much. But that's ultimately up to you.
No custom moves allowed sucks for Palutena though. I prefer Explosive Flame a lot more than Autoreticle, and Celestial Fireworks is ironically more useful as a counter than Counter itself.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Are we still talking about SnK? Cuz that show shot itself in the foot when it gave the humans superpowers and it never recovered.

A show where the characters' motivations have a meaningful impact on the story, @1FD? Probably Haibane Renmei and Bitter Virgin. Or maybe L'Étranger.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What episode does Gurren Lagann actually get good?

Cause I watched the first bunch and didn't like it after the fairly entertaining episode 1.

Kamina is an annoying jerkass. Yoko has all her personality stored in her mammaries apparently, Simon starts off looking like an inquisitive kid but is actually a meek, fearful nonentity. And Leeron is just a stereotype.
Around 6-8 yeah. A lot of people who watch it are pretty meh about it until then. Just watch the entire series, it's only 26 episodes(skip the recap episode). The last few episodes are the best in ANY anime, especially the last two. The first episodes are better if you've seen the whole series already, when you don't know what's going on you miss a lot of stuff.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
No custom moves allowed sucks for Palutena though. I prefer Explosive Flame a lot more than Autoreticle, and Celestial Fireworks is ironically more useful as a counter than Counter itself.
Agreed, customs really help transform the character drastically, moreso than any other char. Like holy hell, there's so much stuff she could do with the super speed airdash custom (not sure what it's called).

I also hope customs are allowed 'cause Samus' default kit is reallllllly lackluster.
apperantly Rob is very strong as well, like just as good as bowser, his up-throw is the strongest kill throw in the game. Haven't messed around with him at all though, just word of mouth from my brawl friends. From what I've played I agree with that list though, its still very early for a whole list but those are definitely really strong characters
Upthrow isn't close to the best kill move in the game. I've seen people survive fresh upthrows past 140%.

Now Ness backthrow on the other hand...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Smash4 ROB is not good he is awful. It's brawl ROB in a brawl-like environment, with like 5 huge nerfs and 4 tiny buffs.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
When are Hansi and Jon gonna get around to releasing another album I've been waiting for Demons & Wizards to release a third album for 10 years.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Everyone's all talkin smash 4

And i'm just sitting here playing Pokemon Anther version

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Everyone's all talkin smash 4

And i'm just sitting here playing Pokemon Anther version
I still don't have smash 4 because I'm a high school student with no job, I should probably get one soon...

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm going to document my journies through Kanto in this thread

Day 1: Entry 1

Recieved Pikachu from Professor Man.

Caught Nostradamus the Nidoran, and Picasso the Pidgey

Kicked bug ass in the forest, before coming back to the Viridian Pokemon Center for some RnR

Current Team:
Picasso the Pidgey Lv 3
Nostradamus the Nidoran Lv 5
Pikachu the Pikachu Lv 6

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Zero also happened to resign from CT today.
..collusion?

Annnnnnd completely uncharacteristic of Leffen (/kappa), he now believes he'll be the very top Melee player by late 2015
Not a week passes by without some sort of leffen related news lately

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well.. those other things, phew.
K, proved your point. Plenty of Ike tech I still need to learn. Although, with the exclusion of DACUS, I can't think of a reasonable need to apply some of that.
Still have more to worry about other things far more. I'll still get the triple back air, gonna keep my word on that.
It's been a month. You need to recorded the Side-b SH Bair DJ Double Bair

And long ago I was told he had only 2 WJs when I was thinking it was 3, when I recently found out you COULD do three just by doing them fast. http://smashboards.com/threads/ike-social-thread.331713/page-21#post-17902629

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I still don't have smash 4 because I'm a high school student with no job, I should probably get one soon...
YO

One-Punch Man is legit. I want someone to go translate stuff for me, I know there's a ton more out there that isn't in English yet

SpiderMad

Smash Master
YO

One-Punch Man is legit. I want someone to go translate stuff for me, I know there's a ton more out there that isn't in English yet
It feels like it took some kind of big curve going into the dragged out Hero stuff, unless the guy had planned to go into this eventually since the beginning. I'm behind on months of chapters now I'll sometime catch up on.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
???

I dunno what Mad is trying to say, but holy ****in ****ers. HE JUMPED FROM THE MOON BACK TO EARTH, AND BEAT THE GUY WHO HIT HIM THERE SO BAD AND HE WASN'T EVEN TRYING!!!! Holy ****

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
When Heros and Hero rankings came in, after the first few chapters or so with just it starting out with about being a Scientist villain and his creations. Wondering if the creator of the Manga had planned to dwell the story to revolve around "Heros" from the start.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Maybe. Doesn't matter, he's one-punch man. I'm super hooked

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
When Heros and Hero rankings came in, after the first few chapters or so with just it starting out with about being a Scientist villain and his creations. Wondering if the creator of the Manga had planned to dwell the story to revolve around "Heros" from the start.
It sounds like you may be reading the old version.

The author actually restarted the series.

Day 1: Entry 2

Caught several new pokemon, Ryan Seacrest the Rattata, Ferris Bueler the Spearow, Nancy Drew the Nidoran F, and Montezuma the Mankey.

Beat up some scrub wild pokemon for levels outside of Viridian.

Entered the forest, have been encounterning several "Bug Catchers" who all look the same and have no names. One hurt Nostradamus pretty bad so he's out until I get through this damn place.

Still kicking their asses though.

HOLY **** A PIDGEOTTO JUST JUMPED OUT THE ****ING BUSHES

Current team:
Montezuma the Mankey Lv 7
Nostradamus the Nidoran lv 7
Picasso the Pidgey lvl 8
Pikachu the Pikachu lvl 6

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It sounds like you may be reading the old version.

The author actually restarted the series.
What?... he got too caught up in his own Hero goofyness? So I may have been right in that he didn't know early on he was gonna come up with the Hero stuff. I had already read so much of it though that it was seeming to go somewhere and he restarted it??

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
What?... he got too caught up in his own Hero goofyness? So I may have been right in that he didn't know early on he was gonna come up with the Hero stuff. I had already read so much of it though that it was seeming to go somewhere and he restarted it??
I think it was more due to him wanting to do the art better, along with being serialized in SJ

After Battle Report:

Picasso got knocked the **** out.

I am sad.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
My adventures through Kanto:

Day 1, Entry 9001

Top Bottom