• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJdZAWjjC_U#t=75
moments/combos like this are my favorite things about smash
Nothing too flashy, just superb movement, spacing and baiting, and punishing as hard as possible on mistakes
that short hop feint/Tomahawk has so much sakki that I didn't even watch it live and I froze up

Its a really good set, Tagless Kyle is really good. He got top 32 at TBH4 pm, if he entered more brackets I'd recommend him for the top marths list but right now I dont think he's gotten much pm streamed.

Edit: youtube 60fps looks gorgeous

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You need to help me write a song with lyrics and everything though
Are you making a reference to our little convo about NIN? Or are you actually interested? I haven't actively written a complete song in a couple years, but when I did the lyrics were like 90% me screaming tunelessy really low in the mix because I know I can't sing very well. I'd like to think the lyrics were okay though. The lyrics were part of this idea for a concept album I had that told this story of a guy whom, for his good deeds, gets granted his wish for immortality by some supernatural force, but comes to regret his wish. I'll see if I can find them and paste them here.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Are you making a reference to our little convo about NIN? Or are you actually interested? I haven't actively written a complete song in a couple years, but when I did the lyrics were like 90% me screaming tunelessy really low in the mix because I know I can't sing very well. I'd like to think the lyrics were okay though. The lyrics were part of this idea for a concept album I had that told this story of a guy whom, for his good deeds, gets granted his wish for immortality by some supernatural force, but comes to regret his wish. I'll see if I can find them and paste them here.
Lol that would have been a great joke. But yes I want to get into knowing how to actually make decent songs of possibly any genre someone can teach me, but with discernible lyrics; so not so much too metal. Eventually I thought I'd learn more classical guitar and then make songs off that, but if I can formulate something decent using electronic programs to match lyrics that'd be good.. like I said I don't know how to make songs.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lol that would have been a great joke. But yes I want to get into knowing how to actually make decent songs, but with discernible lyrics; so not so much too metal.
I found the lyrics! Here I'll copy paste them:
[Serenade de la lune a minuit]
...And I suppose I am like the moon;
Eternally changing,
yet eternal nonetheless.

[Eternal glass moon]
Throughout the eternities
and ages I pass,
I've wandered the Earth;
only the glass moon for company.
What value has an immortal soul?

I longed for eternity!
To outlast civilisations
and transcend to a state
of existance like that of a
god.
To agelessly enjoy life
as a living record of humanity.
And my wish was granted!

Bleeding out from sword wounds
on a battleground for my home country,
I died for the very first time.
The church declared me
'In sorte diaboli'.
And so I burned at their hands.
Dying is a bitter habit of mine,
as I tend to do it from time to time.
I tried to stop but it seems that
mortals just won't let me.

Dream of
silent sleep.
More than man.
Less than life.
Holy fire.

The wind blows through the gashes
in my chest before they quickly heal.

Longing for a reason.
I finally ask where this
power of mine came from.
Who granted my wish?
Is there a reason why?
Will it ever end?
Perhaps it was a reward
for my morality.
Then maybe it will end
if I kill them all?

[Shattered glass moon]
instrumental

[Interrex of shizophoria]
The new moon has risen
and brought a temporary clarity
to a lost immortal soul.

An interrex of sanity
to rule the mind
for one night.

A break in the masacre
as the one with a lunar soul
comes to his senses
and sees his plan for escape
has failed.

But only for one night
before the phantasms of his mind
call him back on his road
of no release.
A twisted never-ending killing spree.

[Phantasmagoria]
Illusions and dreams of freedom
and cessation into oblivion.
Tears from heart tear the
soul from this creature of longing
and send him ever onwards.

A flurry of snow in the change
of seasons is similar to this life;
Beautiful and free before dull and stained.
Trapped and recycled by time.
Drifting on the winds towards
an ever distant utopia.

Existance.
Not a life, just a whistful dream
of a life that ended on a
burning church pyre.

Stagnation.
Free flowing time passes you by
as history blends before your eye.

Phantasms.
All the world's a dream
from which all men should wake.
But not this lonely nighmare.

Glass moon.
The haunting moonlight flits through
the prismic glass prison.

Escape is not an option;
all attempts are moot.
But don't break his hope;
his dream to escape this dream.
He will sadly exist forevermore.

He dies every day where he stands.

They're pretty cheesy tbh, but they're not bad considering they were the product of a high school sophomore. Nowadays I'd really prefer something more post-metal tbh. I really like Alcest. The whole French movement is really cool and Neige is awesome. Souvenirs d'un autre monde is one of my favorite songs.

@Warchamp7 is there really nothing you can do so that attempting to post during the nightly backup doesn't make your entire post disappear?

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Wow, I found out I had gold on club Nintendo in 2010 and I didn't do anything with it, didn't even get the free calendar. what was I doing?

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Did you record it or any of your works though?
Yeah . . .

Serenade is basically a better version of that live recording I posted a yesterday, and at the end I just monologue that line.

Glass Moon is okay I guess.

I don't remember how to play Shattered Glass Moon because it's on the piano so I couldn't tab it out. The recording is pretty creepy though and I'm sort of fond of it.

Interrex turned out horribly because I didn't turn down the volume of my Mic and I never got around to redoing the vocal track.

I'm most fond of Phantasmagoria by a long shot cause it actually sort of has the atmosphere I was aiming for. That said, the arrangement itself could probably be improved, and my vocals still sucked and are totally incomprehensible in the recording.

TLRD yes I recorded 12 songs. Those are just the only songs I recorded lyrics for.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Now that @DMG has shared so many RKO outanowhere videos, whenever I see Ganon choke-slam someone thats all I hear in my head.
I dont know if I should be upset about it, or about the fact I haven't seen a custom build with that auto injected into ganon's side-b

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Its the wrestlers initials apparently, Randy K Orton. Its also his signature move because xKO, and its catchy

I really really want to start to learn how to speed run Super mario sunshine, but then I'd have to put my spring back into R because it matters for that game
I guess I could just put together a back up, but it wouldn't be the same.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Good thing kayfabe is a thing, or he could've got his brain stem severed and died instantly lol.
Science makes me cringe at what I know to be foolishly dangerous after years of being ignorant.
/pedantic bias

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I went back and checked my old post in my newbie phase and loled super hard about this video with Voodoo going off on brawl.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what the ****? you tryna get cuddled? dont test me you ****in nerd, ill touch your heart and ur booty (with consent, always with consent)

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just hold out could catch on as a Smash 4 catchphrase too.
It really could be lol. This was one of the videos that made me starting to realize all the nonsense in Brawl that I disliked heavily and ultimately retiring for almost 2 years on competitive smash. It was really funny in it's heyday.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, Marshmallow Machine Gun would be a kickass band name.

Day 2: Entry 1:

Caught Bill Cosby the Caterpie after fighting the demon Pidgeotto

Beat Brock and some hoe who thought I was looking at her (I was looking perpendicular to you fool)

Bill Cosby came in clutch and took out Brocks Geodude, it was very impressive.

1FD

Smash Ace
hey guys guess what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQoI_oBwwsk&index=5&list=PLcWREYk2sjtmiHOkvDyLrPYLc8l6ZQ44V

I'm not sure how to find and listen to them but 3 smashers from the area recorded this album called You are my IV with a band called !nkblot
It's an album with 11 or 12 songs but I can't find a place to listen to the full songs using google but this site has like 5 so it's something,.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkblot
They dropped that band as soon as the cd came out and all went on to other bands and stuff with music. On all good terms and stuff, just found their place or whatever. Actually smashed with all 3 of them in the last year and the only one who's not good anymore is reid the bassist/guitarist. All 3 of them have basically been rockstar status since then for different things at different times.

That's right, the are Smashers who are celebs for other things.

oh yeah my pokemon team had Jolteon too

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Top Bottom