• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
But will smash 4 Mewtwo be able to float cancel Nair and have his tail the length of a sword though?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Gameplay improvements > novelty content.

Don't think gameplay was even on the 50 new things list, hmmmmm. Other than Mewtwo and 8 player Smash clusterfudge.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
you mean a subforum based around a competitive-centric mod tends to prefer more things that make competing fun?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
More things to delay singles with. Quads, Triples, Doubles, then Singles. All to be Fashion Forward....
So glad I'm done with smash tourneys cause I see that being a logistical nightmare for the already sloppy TOs.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Adventure mode would be fun. Some focused, in-depth modes to play would be awesome. Board game mode is not though. And classic mode is on 3ds already. Event mode is the saving grace.

Splattering the room with stuff isn't all that impressive in and of itself, although people are easily impressed.

I like fun, I like Melee. :secretkpop:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
SSB4 for the wii u sounds like a very good board game, and not a very good game for sitting down for hundreds of hours in order to be a top competitive player

we've already seen how it plays like in a tournament standard, and that ain't a good look

Bleck

Smash Master
you mean a subforum based around a competitive-centric mod tends to prefer more things that make competing fun?
competitive centric mod, yeah, that's why they go out of their way to put significant effort into things like new animations and costumes and modes that serve no purpose to competition but are fun nonetheless

it's almost like the concept of fun isn't the opposite of competition, or something

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
the concept of smash bros is novelty content

jesus christ you guys really do hate fun
I've had smash 4 since the release date, and I have never played a single player mode before. Not once. I just told my brother to unlock all the characters (which took him less than a day) and I have been grinding 4 glory and joining tournaments ever since.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
competitive centric mod, yeah, that's why they go out of their way to put significant effort into things like new animations and costumes and modes that serve no purpose to competition but are fun nonetheless

it's almost like the concept of fun isn't the opposite of competition, or something
and if all of that was placed on brawl, not a single one of us here would care. don't kid yourself, none of those things are why anyone's here, they're just a nice side-effect

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
In b4 Mewtwo only players gets mad salt that Wii U's don't have him on setups at tourneys lol. Also inb4DLCcharacterhaslackofbalancetestingandisbusted.

EDIT: IF you haven't seen the direct yet here you go.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'm only here because Pit said "A bunch of jokahs"
I need references to good games if I want to enjoy a bit of Sm4sh.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hey not as bad as Ridley supporters in denial Kappa. If Ridley becomes DLC the skies will become pitch black and outworld will merge with Earthrealm while Shao Kahn will ride on Ridley and enslave us all and tell us that we are pathetic. :(

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Meh
M2 and the 4v4 matches looks cool and are interesting. But the gameplay is still going to be the same
Big battlefield looks hype.

Dual plane battles look awesome
I wish I was a casual again so I could get excited more, but yeah.

Edit: the Oribital gate assault stage LOOKS SO NICE.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Not smash relelated but here is that LowTierGod vs Viscant MM I was talking about a page or two ago.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Content can serve a duel purpose easily. Look at All-Star Versus Mode. A lot of fun to play in an all items on, special mode environment if you want that experience.

But it can also be used in fun sidetourneys and showcase a player's skill with multiple characters too.

It was crafted with both types of players in mind.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I wish I was a casual again so I could get excited more, but yeah.
Yes I've wondered this myself, but I've come to the assumption it'd still be of little interest. Though not discovering competitive Smash would be an entirely different universe altogether: I had already lost most of my casual friends to play Smash before discovering the competitive side. Maybe I'd have still be playing Wc3 and then have switched to LoL/Dota 2, oh what horribly dull nightmare universe I could have got sucked into so many others already have.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Did that thing say that you had to buy both Smash for 3DS and Smash for WiiU in order to get Mewtwo? Or do you have to buy them both to get him for free?

All in all, from what I saw, it really didn't interest me. The announcer has a lot of enthusiasm, but the majority of what I saw were things that were either already known or just not that interesting to me. 8 player smash is neat, but it's local only and will only ever really get done when you have a ****-load of people to play with. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm lucky if I ever have 2 other people to play with locally, let alone 7 more.

So much of what was said in it felt like "Well I know you got the 3DS version, but the hell with you,the new one is even better so you should spend another $60 bucks or $200+ bucks for the WiiU you didn't have just to have a superior version of the same game!"

Oh Nintendo.....

When's 3.5? :D

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You need both versions and then you can get Mewtwo.
For free of course, but not really.

Cool, guess I'll be holding onto my copy for just a little bit longer...

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Smash Direct was mad hype.
With that 8 player smash thing, we can do 4v4 teams
WE (almost) LEAGUE NOW

And this thooooooo
PMDT said:
DACUS now has the same window whether the Up-Smash is inputted with Attack or Grab, a welcome addition to those of us who do so with Z.
I CAN FINALLY USE G&W DACUS WITH NO CONTROL CHANGE WOOOOO

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think 3 vs. 3 battles could end up being fun with the right settings. Not using the huge stages but big battlefield could be good for it.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
So being an avid PM player and all, I have to say how unhype I am about the Mewtwo announcement. Not only is he not going to be ready for at least another 5 months, but he's most likely going to pale in comparison to PM M2 all things considered. With this said, it would be the same case for me with Roy as well.

Most Mewtwo fans were really excited to finally play him again a year ago with 3.0's release, I can't imagine them being equally as hype just one year later with yet another Mewtwo iteration.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Most Mewtwo fans were really excited to finally play him again a year ago with 3.0's release, I can't imagine them being equally as hype just one year later with yet another Mewtwo iteration.
PM fans aren't the only ones who like Mewtwo, you know. A lot of casuals and non-PMers are excited about Mewtwo in Smash 4.

I think 3 vs. 3 battles could end up being fun with the right settings. Not using the huge stages but big battlefield could be good for it.
I totally want to try both. It just seems so hype to roll into a tourney with 2 to 3 of your bros and just fight together against another set of 3 to 4 bros.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So being an avid PM player and all, I have to say how unhype I am about the Mewtwo announcement. Not only is he not going to be ready for at least another 5 months, but he's most likely going to pale in comparison to PM M2 all things considered. With this said, it would be the same case for me with Roy as well.

I dunno man, a lot of people thaought that about Bowser compared to his PM version too, and well....he's kinda ridiculous in Smash 4.

PRAY FOR BUFF2

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I dunno man, a lot of people thaought that about Bowser compared to his PM version too, and well....he's kinda ridiculous in Smash 4.

PRAY FOR BUFF2
I wouldn't be surprised if they completely revamped a lot of his moves. 2 gens later, lot of characters got significant changes.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I pray for Mewtwo buffs as well and a side b that isn't I'M AT NEGATIVE I GET A BAIR TO THE FACE FRAMES.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Speak for yourself, I'm more hyped than I was before because this time, it's official acknowledgement from Ninty themselves.

So happy~ <3

Top Bottom