• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

metroid1117

Smash Master
I googled this, but I still don't understand what you mean.
Sorry, I meant to say run-canceled jabs. Basically it's jabbing out of a run (run -> crouch -> jab), which is easier to do with C-stick set to Attack since you don't have to worry about changing the position of the control-stick after you crouch. I have a demonstration of it in this video.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Man, somebody remind me post-release to tell the story of the incredibly minute-detailed stuff for 3.5 that I'm working on now.

This release should be crazy polished. Can't wait for it to be out.
i can't wait for it to be out, either.

#ganonnation

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Same ish, different crybabies.
Can't wait for people to finally catch on, shut up, play, and

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I can't wait for ask the ****posts I'm gonna have to remove and all the other posts I'm gonna have to flair.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Smash 4 Wii U Nintendo direct is gonna be in an hour from now. Hope ya'll nerds are watching.

Edit: I was wrong it's two hours from now. The direct starts at 3 p.m PST/ 5 p.m CST/ 6 p.m EST.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Smash 4 Wii U Nintendo direct is gonna be in an hour from now. Hope ya'll nerds are watching.
I'd be more interested if it were a Project M direct. Don't see Smash4 on Wii U being different enough from the 3DS game to be worth paying a lot of attention to. Most likely not going to watch.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
We have decided to implement a universal two-frame DACUS window for the whole cast of characters, opening up new tools and making more sense from a general design perspective.
I don't know how to feel about this.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ooh nice changes. Not sure how the footstooling change affects me, since I never really used it anyways, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with what I read.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I like the idea about dacus's being consistant across the cast.

RIP footstools, 3.02 -- 3.5 You will be missed.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
well, for one, now DACUS with the z-button on grab is always possible, albeit still with a one-frame window due to how grab buttons work, whereas before if you wanted to do any fancy tricks with GnW's one frame DACUS into grab you were kind of boned

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I really hope that the footstools still have some sort of shield stun, otherwise you'll just get hit with an upsmash/up/b Uair OoS whenever you try.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
except the footstool also makes you fly in the air in a very silly looking animation

like you just kind of exist above their shield and now you are floating

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I know we are currently in the mist of an amazing 3.5 blogpost (seriously that universal DACUS is going to be sweet) and the Direct starting soon, but this video video was really quite something. Thought I'd share it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i dont think ive ever seen charizard mains talk about this, but you guys know that you can do a nair onto the stage from the ledge, but backwards so that the sweetspot hits first right?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Got confirmation from dant on the socal fb group that footstool don't cause shield stun.
rip, guess I'll just going to have to stick with double shines and shinegrabs only, oh wait those cover every option by themselves alreadu.

Now I just have to be told diddy cant gli
de toss down to trip shields and I'll curl up and die inside.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Shield ASDI + footstool changes ?
Well it's going to be a lot tougher to deal with shields as Ivysaur.

Better camp my ass off (y)

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
speaking of, does universal DACUS inputs mean that you can DACUS with chars whose DA can fall off-stage like diddy's and kirby's?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Diddy dacus would be hype
that also means I could do dacits, dash attack canceled item tosses. Oh please let it be so

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
WHAT?! DID ANYONE JUST WATCH THE NINTENDO DIRECT?!!!!!!

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Just watched Smash 4's 50 facts vid. Pretty cool stuff, but it looks like most of these stages will be unviable for competition. Not that I don't love my goofy stages...

:norfair::warioware:

...but I hope there are some neutrals. Even the Animal Crossing stage looks iffy, given those platforms that fly off the sides. I hope we're at least liberal about counterpicks. And hey, FD mode is nice, even though I don't always like FD.

That's one thing I do like about PM. Multiple stages and multiple songs, so I didn't have to listen to THIS a bajillion times a day.

Top Bottom