• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I enjoyed how the announcer couldn't could to 50 properly, I hope that was intentional?
Also was it supposed to be 50 new things? I was confused because most of it was confirmed the return of series staples and game modes.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Is there a legit use for partial air dodges? And if so, are those uses anywhere near worth all the flubbed AGTs and wavedash not getting full distances cause?

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I enjoyed how the announcer couldn't could to 50 properly, I hope that was intentional?
Also was it supposed to be 50 new things? I was confused because most of it was confirmed the return of series staples and game modes.
They needed to pad it out to make it seem like they had more to fill the nearly 40 minutes of time than they actually did. They used the Bowser Jr trailer to do it too. I thought it was hilarious how excited the announcer was about even the least interesting things. I think they used 5 Player, 6 Player, and 8 Player Smashes as different items on the list of 50 too, which makes me laugh a bit.

I was kind of hoping that for the Wii U version, they would pull their heads out of their asses regarding For Glory having that whole Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination stigma....but nope. They still don't pay enough attention to our lil minority when they try to include a mode more for us. Damn shame.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is there a legit use for partial air dodges? And if so, are those uses anywhere near worth all the flubbed AGTs and wavedash not getting full distances cause?
Most people don't come close to getting the crispiest crisp wavedash/landings that you can crisp out in a jiffy

Partial air dodges/sloppy wavedashes are triangle jumping, and they're not that useful by my current understanding.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I was kind of hoping that for the Wii U version, they would pull their heads out of their ***** regarding For Glory having that whole Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination stigma....but nope. They still don't pay enough attention to our lil minority when they try to include a mode more for us. Damn shame.
the game is competitively balanced around omega stages/final destination - this is why projectiles across the board are generally less fast, less powerful and lower ranged

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
the game is competitively balanced around omega stages/final destination - this is why projectiles across the board are generally less fast, less powerful and lower ranged
Maybe, but completely flat stages in Smash are pretty boring, both in play and in appearance. It's got a lack of variety in everything except the flavor of the FD, which just doesn't interest me at all.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Most people don't come close to getting the crispiest crisp wavedash/landings that you can crisp out in a jiffy

Partial air dodges/sloppy wavedashes are triangle jumping, and they're not that useful by my current understanding.
So basically it's useless

Vashimus

Smash Master
How do people watch horror movies or play horror games? I'm such a huge wimp, I cant do either. Last time I tried to watch a horor movie I think it was like The Unborn or something? It wasn't even that bad, just a bunch of jumpscares, but I ended up hiding behind my gf the whole movie.
I tried watching a LP of Five Nights at Freddys but I actually couldn't function while watching it. Its just ambiance and jump-scares but it still kills me
A lot of horror movies are outright bad or cheesy to the point where they're not really that scary, just funny. Even for the good ones, I know it's just a movie so there's no real reason to be scared.

For survival-horror games, it's the thrill of survival and the idea of "conquering your fears" in the end that make it rewarding to me. No matter how many times I play them, they can still surprise the **** outta me.

I sure as hell have a limit though. I don't like not being able to defend myself. Don't arm me to teeth with guns, but at least give me something to work with. I don't like running like a ***** all the time. Amnesia and Slender don't do it for me.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Scariest game of all time is Fatal Frame. The first one. Soft Serve if you ever ****ed with that you'd get PTSD.

None of my friends'll fight me in sm4sh cuz i'm too raw. Somebody whos 'bout it 'bout it step the **** up.

Man, somebody remind me post-release to tell the story of the incredibly minute-detailed stuff for 3.5 that I'm working on now.

This release should be crazy polished. Can't wait for it to be out.
Yeah totally man Ray and Andy are gonna be pristine ain't they?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is it generally required you turn all the lights off when you play a horror game?

Is there any good horror ones for the Gamecube (now that I got DIOS MIOS I've been trying to muster all the games to now play I said before)? I'm scared enough playing Metroid Prime, mostly because I don't know what the hell to do or where the hell I'm going.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I have a hard time with many of the mainstream horror games, since they tend to arm you to the teeth or be more about action in general than scares. Then when they do try to scare you, it's just a boring jump scare. Friends loved Dead Space, I thought it was an over-rated series of dark corridors and jump scares in space though. It's pretty hard to find things terrifying when you can "FREEZE FRIGGIN TIME" or close to it and then cut your enemies into little pieces with essentially Metal Blade from Megaman 2.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Is it generally required you turn all the lights off when you play a horror game?

Is there any good horror ones for the Gamecube (now that I got DIOS MIOS I've been trying to muster all the games to now play I said before)? I'm scared enough playing Metroid Prime, mostly because I don't know what the hell to do or where the hell I'm going.
the metroid prime games can be a little spooky sometimes, yeah. I'll bet I played those in the dark often.

Anyway the only good horrors on GC is Resident Evil 4 which is great but more action than horror and this one crazy game called Eternal Darkness.

I have a hard time with many of the mainstream horror games, since they tend to arm you to the teeth or be more about action in general than scares. Then when they do try to scare you, it's just a boring jump scare. Friends loved Dead Space, I thought it was an over-rated series of dark corridors and jump scares in space though. It's pretty hard to find things terrifying when you can "FREEZE FRIGGIN TIME" or close to it and then cut your enemies into little pieces with essentially Metal Blade from Megaman 2.
I tend to agree, yeah games like dead space are not the kind of "horror" games you want, its more of a shooter.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
When I play horror games, I get into it. I feel like if I'm not scared, then it's not fun. So I try as hard as possible to clear my mind and focus only on the game, and end up scaring myself like crazy in the process. But that's the thrill I get out of it, same with horror films. I try to get myself scared, because that's the fun part.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
When I play horror games, I get into it. I feel like if I'm not scared, then it's not fun. So I try as hard as possible to clear my mind and focus only on the game, and end up scaring myself like crazy in the process. But that's the thrill I get out of it, same with horror films. I try to get myself scared, because that's the fun part.
I share the same sentiment, but only I can rarely do it alone, with a game or a movie. I usually need a group or I get so deeply scared I start to see **** in real life.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
the metroid prime games can be a little spooky sometimes.

Anyway the only good horrors on GC is Resident Evil 4 which is great but more action than horror and this one crazy game called Eternal Darkness.

I tend to agree, yeah games like dead space are not the kind of "horror" games you want, its more of a shooter.
I tried to play through the original Silent Hill on PS1 a few years ago...but it was already past it's point of no return in aging. Couldn't take it seriously with the jaggies everywhere.

The early game in Minecraft was sufficiently scary at night, til you learn to build a place to hide from Skeletons, Zombies, and Enderman.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Play Silent Hill 2 then. It's still not ovelry dated in its graphics, especially whatever the HD rerelease they did of it-- not sure of the specs on that. SH3 is also scary and still good looking. The rest are no good until Silent Hills by Kojima comes out.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So being an avid PM player and all, I have to say how unhype I am about the Mewtwo announcement. Not only is he not going to be ready for at least another 5 months, but he's most likely going to pale in comparison to PM M2 all things considered. With this said, it would be the same case for me with Roy as well.

Most Mewtwo fans were really excited to finally play him again a year ago with 3.0's release, I can't imagine them being equally as hype just one year later with yet another Mewtwo iteration.
Yeah, I doubt that they'll be able to make Mewtwo as hype as PM's.
Reveals for comparisons
Smash 4:

Project M:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I've been trying to experiment with how I grip the GC controller and I feel like the most comfortable way for me to access all the ATs I want quickly is with my index over Y, thumb on the C-Stick, and middle finger on R. What grips do you use and is what I'm currently experimenting with advised?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I share the same sentiment, but only I can rarely do it alone, with a game or a movie. I usually need a group or I get so deeply scared I start to see **** in real life.
I'm the opposite man, when I friends around i can't be scared it's impossible. I don't wanna be the wimp in front of the bros and I also wanna be tough for the females. Even if I'm watching a horror film with my family there is no way I can convince myself that it is real, so I couldn't get scared even if I tried.

But when I'm by myself, middle of the night, lights off, Sennheiser headphones in, damn it makes the experience 10 times better.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Play Silent Hill 2 then. It's still not ovelry dated in its graphics, especially whatever the HD rerelease they did of it-- not sure of the specs on that. SH3 is also scary and still good looking. The rest are no good until Silent Hills by Kojima comes out.
Eh, Silent Hill by Kojima will have a completely nonsensical plot and would be way too wordy. You'd probably end the game by fighting shirtless on top of a massive demon too, with a rocket launcher.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Eh, Silent Hill by Kojima will have a completely nonsensical plot and would be way too wordy. You'd probably end the game by fighting shirtless on top of a massive demon too, with a rocket launcher.
No its cool have you seen the playable teaser and "gameplay test"? It's super psychologically spooky with no silly ****. Also Guilelloro Del Toro or whoever the **** did Pan's Labrynth is also working with him so he'll keep him in line as well.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Silent Hill 1 desperately needs a remake. I was disappointed it wasn't in the HD collection.

It helps. Headphones are nice too.

The Gamecube Resident Evils and Eternal Darkness are the ones that come to mind.

I can see how Metroid Prime 1 and 2 can scare you because the later areas have barely any save rooms and enemies that can kill you so easily. Getting lost just adds to that tension.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
It still made this guy go crazy
he probably has some sort of underlying issue

Lizalfos

Smash Master
competitive centric mod, yeah, that's why they go out of their way to put significant effort into things like new animations and costumes and modes that serve no purpose to competition but are fun nonetheless

it's almost like the concept of fun isn't the opposite of competition, or something
This is what we want Sakurai to understand. You and I are just alike.
Yes I've wondered this myself, but I've come to the assumption it'd still be of little interest. Though not discovering competitive Smash would be an entirely different universe altogether: I had already lost most of my casual friends to play Smash before discovering the competitive side. Maybe I'd have still be playing Wc3 and then have switched to LoL/Dota 2, oh what horribly dull nightmare universe I could have got sucked into so many others already have.
As a casual scrub who pretends to be competitive, I assure you that Dota is a fun and complex game worth trying at (competing).

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Cool, I just quit out of a match because it was so laggy I couldn't control my character and now I'm banned for 10 minutes.

Thanks Nintendo!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
This is what we want Sakurai to understand. You and I are just alike.

As a casual scrub who pretends to be competitive, I assure you that Dota is a fun and complex game worth trying at (competing).
I played Wc3 and Dota 1 for years, I'd pry have continued onward to the newer Mobas if it weren't for getting into competitive Smash. I'm generally abhorring at have becoming a possible devoted LoL player (and the general nooby direction it takes on your mind and interests, as does being inside any community), but Dota 2 is somewhat okay. Still, like Chillindude says in the Smash documentary: Smash players share a bond for knowing we're all choosing to play THIS amazing game.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Tried mobas, could never get into them. Don't care for teamwork games and I prefer more visceral games in general.

Top Bottom