• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Wait, source on that?

Edit: Oh wait it's in the blogpost. Was that there the whole time or did they add that in afterwards? I don't recall reading it before.
It was there when I read it, and that was shortly before I posted. You probs didn't see it because it was at the very bottom of the blogpost.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm watching the new MLP movie.

It's not so bad if all you want are a few amusing cameos. But the villains are wooden, the plot is generally pretty dull, and I'm getting tired of this notion that what people want is humanoid ponies. They need to hurry up and make an actual MLP movie, with decent writing and none of this high-school musical retardery.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Dota probably feels clunkier cause you have to work around stuff like turn rates. League players have baiting and kiting much much easier with 0 / near instant turn rates.
It makes it so earth shaker can't just instantly turn around and fissure people. That would be stupid. In general it just means that you need to be proficient in ganking, because chasing is derpy. It also means that there is a distinct choice between moving for positioning or using abilities.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I thought it was interesting how they showed shields for the first tim in a intro movie for Bowser Jr

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I thought it was interesting how they showed shields for the first tim in a intro movie for Bowser Jr
Me too, it was cool but I thought it was a bit too much flare- it made Mario suddenly look like Gandalf the White or some ****.

I always vouched for changing the visual scheme of smash shielding/blocking to look more "realistic" so it didn't put into question why every character had oddly in common the power to wrap themselves in a glaring telekinetic force field. But then I'm a nitpicker.

Correction: The Equestria Girls movie.

The Monster High rip-off that even some cloppers look down upon.
It's not so bad if all you want are a few amusing cameos. But the villains are wooden, the plot is generally pretty dull, and I'm getting tired of this notion that what people want is humanoid ponies. They need to hurry up and make an actual MLP movie, with decent writing and none of this high-school musical retardery.
I'm halfway thru and yeah a little disappointed so far. I actually had that exact thought-- like "Is this 'Bratz' or something now?" The first movie didn't feel that way. And I do like the idea of humanoiding the characters occasionally (but not like blurring the lines so they're basically furries-- one or the other).

The realsies MLP:FIM theatrical film was just recently announced for next year I think. Look'er up.

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just spent another night doing polishing work. Welp.

Some stuff probably won't even be noticed, but that's how it goes. :alakadoof:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Just spend another night doing polishing work. Welp.

I will meticulously read into
Every.

Single.

Ike change.

And if I find one nerf, I will quit PM

For like, a few minutes.

Also @ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 there is a mod on Brawl Vault that removes the shield visual interestingly enough.

Last edited:

Viking

Smash Rookie
I love project m, but you know what goes good with project m ? Cereal.

Cereal is life.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I watched a few episodes of MLP, and didn't mind it, but also didn't really see the point.

John De Lancie is a boss though.

...Adventure Time is better.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
it's so hard balancing time to port Project M to PAL, play ultra street fighter, and stay on top of schoolwork. i'm starting to give porting to PAL a bit more priority than I should, haha

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Just spend another night doing polishing work. Welp.

God bless the almighty Alakadoof.

it's so hard balancing time to port Project M to PAL, play ultra street fighter, and stay on top of schoolwork. i'm starting to give porting to PAL a bit more priority than I should, haha
Whenever you find the time (lol) we should play a few rounds.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
=
I'm halfway thru and yeah a little disappointed so far. I actually had that exact thought-- like "Is this 'Bratz' or something now?" The first movie didn't feel that way. And I do like the idea of humanoiding the characters occasionally (but not like blurring the lines so they're basically furries-- one or the other).

The realsies MLP:FIM theatrical film was just recently announced for next year I think. Look'er up.
Only parts I really liked were Scootaloo with that black zip-up hoodie, (She didn't get enough screen time), Derpy playing...whatever the hell that was, and Maud in the Kitchen. The part I liked least about the movie was that the songs weren't even catchy. At least in the first movie, for all it's stupidity, it had music that would obnoxiously get into your head. Nothing stuck with me in EQ2.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
shadic hoping someone is going to feel sorry for him, that's not our job, we just ***** about pm and wait for updates

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Only parts I really liked were Scootaloo with that black zip-up hoodie, (She didn't get enough screen time), Derpy playing...whatever the hell that was, and Maud in the Kitchen. The part I liked least about the movie was that the songs weren't even catchy. At least in the first movie, for all it's stupidity, it had music that would obnoxiously get into your head. Nothing stuck with me in EQ2.
I agree, in fact during the two songs i've heard so far thru the movie I was thinking of lyrics that actually RHYMED they could have put in instead of the crappy ones they had. It was really bothering me. So yeah it just sounded like teenybopper Disney channel garbage. I think the writer for RR was different from the first.

You didn't see Scootaloo in the first movie? She was there.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I agree, in fact during the two songs i've heard so far thru the movie I was thinking of lyrics that actually RHYMED they could have put in instead of the crappy ones they had. It was really bothering me. So yeah it just sounded like teenybopper Disney channel garbage. I think the writer for RR was different from the first.

You didn't see Scootaloo in the first movie? She was there.
I saw her, but there's never enough Scootaloo in anything as far as I'm concerned.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Get a girlfriend, give'r a boy-cut, purp hair dye and orange body paint and your fantasies are reality.

For me I'm not sure which part of that is the hard part. :/

edit: Also I'm just now realizing scootaloo is depicted to be 13 yrs old tops. Yeesh.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Get a girlfriend, give'r a boy-cut, purp hair dye and orange body paint and your fantasies are reality.

edit: Also I'm just now realizing scootaloo is depicted to be 13 yrs old tops. Yeesh.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

Eh, no. Not one of those "Character is my Waifu" types. I just happen to like her attitude and stubbornness. It amuses me. She's like a lil Rainbow Dash that isn't completely full of herself, and I can appreciate that.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy I'd love to play a few rounds. I don't have a steam account myself and I just play with Monk on his account. I've done some rounds online against a friend and wasn't too fond of it because there was some lag that made it a little harder to play. Doesn't matter what fighting game it is but it's always way better offline. :p

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I'm having a tough time landing any dorfy bairs. Which is weird cuz it was the easiest and most natural feeling thing in the previous games.

Top Bottom