• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's too bad we can't call people mate like the Aussies and Brits do without there being heavily implied sarcasm.
Mate, why you gotta be like this?

This is our loveable character trait, not yours.

Also shield buffs in 3.5

I can continue to be the grabbylord I've always wanted to be when I play Dedede.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
young boy cosmo

I keep forgetting he used to hang out on here and tell everyone zelda is totally good in melee before speedrunning

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
9bit: I would assume that using Z or another button for L-cancels would still give you the "can't tech" fail window if you try to spam it. IIRC, the game is punishing you for trying to mash the timing, not necessarily for hard pressing it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
what do these mean? I am at work and don't feel like looking them up.
The post I made prior contained the video explaining Shield ASDI (shield while holding direction [Left or Right] moves you a bit in that direction) and SDI (press direction during the hit moves you a little more as well like SDI). Shield angling is just holding you shield in a direction; like if you holding it more upwards will cause an aerial approach to hit your shield faster and give you sooner time to act out and punish.

The Smash 4 tips are the ones we talked about a while ago let me catch the link (which DrinkingFood still never replied from him losing the leelue pesos besides some mistaken post thinking he won the pesos)
http://smashboards.com/posts/17569661/ <-Look at this
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread-v3-02.339825/page-937#post-17562032 <- Then Look at this. What was he doing? He owes ME the pesos!
Does L-cancelling with Z (or a button assigned to grab [or light-press L set to grab]) cause that can't-tech problem like hard-pressing L or R to L-cancel?

edit I should probably tag @ SpiderMad SpiderMad cuz he knows stuff like this
Z does tech in PM, I believe in both the light and full-set (if you have the full-set ready you'd be able to test, just have the other controller/wiimote press A with your foot while you do some z input). It does not trigger the tech in Melee, making it better for L-cancels in that mentioned way, though I try to ledge tech with Z for some reason and notice I can't in Melee and die. Oh I think why, so in PM you can tech with Z and not risk an air dodge (which in either version is gonna give you the air dodge to tech with full press or light), while in Melee you gotta hard press L/R and risk an air dodge.

9bit: I would assume that using Z or another button for L-cancels would still give you the "can't tech" fail window if you try to spam it. IIRC, the game is punishing you for trying to mash the timing, not necessarily for hard pressing it.
What what? I think PM just can't make it like Melee (grab+light shield) in the current release because of it triggering shield+grab rather than the 2nd variable they added.

Also about Light press, I just got done playing Smash with my friend it is indeed so amazing and ergonomic.
I recently added a new section to this http://smashboards.com/threads/a-di...ad-thing-health-related.360937/#post-17071426 with "Supporters"

This is Zhime, the top Zelda Combo Video Wifi aficionado

And look at these people who have stiff triggers and use BOTH just to compensate the hard press drain on their fingers lol
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...ing_youve_always_disliked_about_smash/ci3ebxz
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...ing_youve_always_disliked_about_smash/ci33esn

If he's pulling them on spawn, then you should be able to get it before he does if you are at a good stage spot. If you can't grab the bananas you can positing to punish diddy if he goes for it.
It's not guaranteed to be punishable, but you should be able to take stage presence at the very least.
fast characters like Squirtle could pry and go catch it safely. I wonder if you tried hitting the banana with certain projectiles how far it would knock the banana away.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Z didn't give you techs in Melee?

??

Am I 2 posts away from getting mind contorted?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Z didn't give you techs in Melee?

??

Am I 2 posts away from getting mind contorted?
And you know you can spam light press L or R to L-cancel right in Melee, with their being no fail window like teching has. People shouldn't miss Link's Dair L-cancel with this.

And dang usually I'd have more things to complete the mind contort but I've posted so much already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBDctEu8Hg#t=56
and there's over at least 30 things you can do in PM you couldn't in Melee with the Melee veterans concerning Early/Double Aerials
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread-v3-02.339825/page-1033#post-17829718
And there's an Illuminati triangle in Shield stun
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2098/melluminati.png

Did it work?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Dude you attend video game tournaments involving Pikachu and Mario.

They've lost hope to see you take interest in grown men's stuff long ago.
Define "grown men" without involving foolishly burdens of stereotypes.
You'll fail.

I plan to have the means to make seriously discussing or creating bull**** of any kind, but especially crap like this, a crime.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
imagine if someone liked fox so much that they would threaten death to any and all marth players, and then yell "IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN MELEE" while running away

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just google Gamergate and have fun reading.
In other news this.

It would better to just imagine what the Miiverse stage will look like after Miiverse image board is done with it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Something that's been bothering me about the Smash 4 HUD. While the return of individual stock icons is cool, look how incredibly small they are:

And then just imagine trying to read that with this:

It actually would have been better to use bubble icons again whose colors would stand out more under the other information.
I also wish that the stock icons were on the top of the HUD instead because it makes it easier to quickly see stock counts during a match. Also, it looks like the HUD still has Brawl's slightly angled text for the font. It's so dumb to still have that :(

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Also, it looks like the HUD still has Brawl's slightly angled text for the font. It's so dumb to still have that :(
I can't seem to notice. Was that fixed in PM?
The slight angle is there to just to make it more lively and give it some vibrato right? My slight OCD doesn't seem to have that much trouble with it.. at least before you mentioned it O_O.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
A sufficiently developed male human from age 21-30 upwards.
I win
Yeah. You "win".

On an unrelated aside, I think I'm gonna bow out of Smash events for the foreseeable future.
My presence, appearance, and mannerisms scare people, particularly kids and their parents,(No one is covert about it, either, I see wary glances and slight flinches all the time, next-to-none say what's on their mind. Cowards.) and the clincher is that I've now started to get complaints about it.
(And I don't blame them.)

That these things cost money I could be saving up or using on bills/expenses instead is just further reason to drop off the radar.
I'll still be fooling around on here and every site I frequent, of course, but I don't think I'm going to go to Smash tournaments or casuals anymore after Apex 2015.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
They need to stop with the character portraits and name in HUD already. They get in the way and they're redundant at this point.

I know what characters I'm playing against, and I can tell which percent is which via the series symbol and stock heads. We've managed in 64 and Melee because we aren't stupid.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
They need to stop with the character portraits and name in HUD already. They get in the way and they're redundant at this point.

I know what characters I'm playing against, and I can tell which percent is which via the series symbol and stock heads. We've managed in 64 and Melee because we aren't stupid.
The children though.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
As far as I can make out, both episodes 25 and 26 and End of Evangelion (which is also episodes 25 and 26 for some reason?) are just a bunch of Freudian ****ery. EoE had a plot in the same way that Serial Experiments Lain had a plot, and original 25 and 26 are AU?
The original last two episodes seem to be Shinji coming to terms with his depression and accepting himself and others in some sort of metaphorical way, but the appearance of the dead (like his parents) at the end seems to imply that it's all a dream taking place at some unknown time, or a completely different ending wherein instrumentality succeeds?

I need help. I'm up for explanations or resources for anything after episode 24.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
actually wait there's a better explanation for gamergate

actually that's a better descriptor for twitter in general. idk what it is about social media and people feeling entitled to yell in your face for hours on end when speaking personally

I guess that's expected, because stuff like facebook and twitter are a weird, blurred line between personally speaking in your own home, and hollering in the middle of times square

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How does that comic relate to Gamer gate

And I would enjoy a civil conversation over statements with a Sea lion, especially if he had a bucket

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Back home.

@ that diddy convo, wouldn't he be able to just punish you while invincible since if you catch it, throwing it at him dies nothing and any other direction leaves you open?

Vashimus

Smash Master
A gamergate is a fertile female worker ant that can reproduce with the males of the colony in the event that the queen dies.

That's it. That's all you need to know, Tink. Don't look up other things of similar names, it isn't worth it. It's for your own sanity.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I like to summarize GG as such:

Hey, you remember how the comic book industry got ****ted up by equality of outcome standards? You remember Atheism+ and how bat**** insane those people are? Now imagine those types holding most of the jobs in the gaming journalism industry. GG is made of gamers who think this is a load of trash and want these idiots out of there.

Honest to God, I've been following it for a while now and I have to take occasional breaks but the **** SJW's say and do are beyond comprehension.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
lmaoooooo

if you read everything on its face and not dig too hard into it, sure, why not

alternatively, it's a hashtag started by people who needed a good excuse to bash women. I know this b/c they have publicly available sites and IRCs where they create their weirdo little "operations" like they're in an army and not getting mad on the internet

idk why they didn't expect anyone to actually look into those public sites, they aren't very bright

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Okay guys I'm about to share with you my super secret original newest future idea of Smash apparel, bound to make anyone wealthy and renowned to capitalize on

Smash Themed Lenticular lens printed images into Necklace pendents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS6oGQmpdRM#t=113 Like this, but instead small and cut out and shaped into the pendent's size (circle or square) and put onto a necklace/lanyard (preferably lanyard? that is also smash themed?) .
Falco/Fox Shining, Marth's Shield breaker/Anything, Puff's rest, Sheik's uhh
You just have to buy some semi-bulk thing from here http://www.snapilypro.com/ or somewhere but I'm not sure how much images you can get and morphing process between them; besides just the standard two that flip into each other. Then you'd buy cool pendents, and some standard or customized smash lanyards from elsewhere.

I'm gonna eventually see how far I can get into making one for myself, with Falco's shine or possibly dair. You could even do CSPS changing color into each other http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081214165124/ssb/images/d/de/Alt-falco.jpg
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/d/d6/MultiShine.gif/180px-MultiShine.gif After staring at this it starts to look like the GC logo

Last edited:
Top Bottom