• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
League would have been amazing if they could forgo the money grab, for just a god damn couple of months, and stop releasing champions. You know that constant churning has to come with other drawbacks too, like less time fixing items/champs/map issues. No bueno

To give perspective, I remember playing before champs like Garen and Ezreal were released. Not old-school beta or anything, but pretty early into the game.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Tried mobas, could never get into them. Don't care for teamwork games and I prefer more visceral games in general.
I don't mind teamwork, but I don't like being stuck on teams with strangers. Nothing irritates me in multiplayer games online more than being forced on to a team where part of the group is working hard on the goal and part of the group has no idea what they're doing.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm 23 now. What do I do. What do people who are 23 do. Do I celebrate that I've been able to drink alcohol for two years now?

No, better. I think I will play Hyrule Warriors for 8 straight hours. Again.

Birthdays are weird now.

Oh yeah, parents are getting me Bayonetta 2. I hope they don't give me weird looks because of the Class A booty on the box cover.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
To enjoy MOBAs you need at least friends that are good, and another two that are just fun to play with. I find that you can almost always have someone to play a match with that way. You will either have fun stomping or laughing with friends too.
-------
So will GC adapter work in emulation mode, or should I just buy a new Wii now?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm 23 now. What do I do. What do people who are 23 do. Do I celebrate that I've been able to drink alcohol for two years now?

No, better. I think I will play Hyrule Warriors for 8 straight hours. Again.

Birthdays are weird now.

Oh yeah, parents are getting me Bayonetta 2. I hope they don't give me weird looks because of the Class A booty on the box cover.
You're 23, that box cover is barely sexual

And how would you define what makes a game visceral?

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Having 2-3 friends you know for mobas is crucial. Else you'll never learn anything with all the horrible play at low levels. And since you won't know ****, you'll get booty-smacked at slightly higher levels without actually learning anything new. You'll be stuck in an endless cycle where you'll never get good, basically.

Also, play Dota, not league, lmao.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Was playing a Dota 2 game w/ Lizalfos and doods when the other team got a Divine. They died killing before killing our T4 tower. Pick it up as Silencer... THE POWERRRR -> Proceeds to die to mega creeps.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

I'm assuming that he doesn't want to create a strategy for every match he plays.
Which makes no sense, because you need lots of strategy for each match-up, considering how much each character's Meta is developing.
Maybe he prefers adapting over long term strategy?
Was playing a Dota 2 game w/ Lizalfos and doods when the other team got a Divine. They died killing before killing our T4 tower. Pick it up as Silencer... THE POWERRRR -> Proceeds to die to mega creeps.
My Ember Spirit is so good guys. *Feeds Weaver*
Weaver with 15 min deso.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Very high amount of interaction and very quick response to player inputs. I'm not super experienced in mobas and I like the eb and flow of space control in them, but in fighters I feel there's a significant response to every interaction. Although that's mostly because it's 1v1 instead of team fights/area control.

Not the most detailed definition I know.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lol, Dota, and smite are the best 3 current dotas imo. That one blizzard is making? My roommate has the alpha and theres no gold system, and its global exp. CSing doesn't give you money/exp, you get them as they die no matter what, but if you can't CS under the turret, the turrets kill the creeps and your whole team doesn't get any exp. The game is super super snowbally because you can be winning top lane, but bot lane keeps dieing and all of a sudden the whole enemy team is 2 levels above you which is huge.

I enjoy lol more that dota, Dota 2 just feels clunky to me. I also enjoy the item system a lot more in Lol. The characters having personalities is another selling point, but from a game-play perspective I prefer league still. It feels more clear in how it presents its information to the players, and It feels like how I do in lane/the choices I make through items/builds/whatever have more impact. I also really like having runes/masteries to adjust numbers to make certain strats/builds more viable, or make some matchups more bearable.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dota probably feels clunkier cause you have to work around stuff like turn rates. League players have baiting and kiting much much easier with 0 / near instant turn rates.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I dunno, I feel Dota 2 is much more refined, specially map-wise. Lol map is just too...meh and static.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I miss gangplank's old E/his Deny. Was fun that he was the only char who could do it

Then the rework came and they busted him so fast LOL

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
yeah turn-rates is pretty much what turned me off from dota. I also didn't want to invest the time to learn a completely new game

Player -0

Smash Hero
I've played like, 2-3 not really serious games in LoL after being a pretty decent player in Dota. Didn't really like it, feels a lot less defined for landscape and characters, the colors blend in quite a bit. Idk, I couldn't really get into it because it was so weird compared to Dota. Maybe if I was interested but unlocking characters and waifus creeping in grass, what is this.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nice job nintendo on addin mewtwo wish the pm team had thought of that haha oh man that would have been a good one

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I've played like, 2-3 not really serious games in LoL after being a pretty decent player in Dota. Didn't really like it, feels a lot less defined for landscape and characters, the colors blend in quite a bit. Idk, I couldn't really get into it because it was so weird compared to Dota. Maybe if I was interested but unlocking characters and waifus creeping in grass, what is this.
You wanna talk about colors not blending in confusedly? Dota 1 still owns Dota 2 in that department, among all the other clustered and filthy Mobas. Wc3 is just so good and apparently none of you know.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The Lol > Dota transition is really hard, since Lol players are not used to denies, the map, no masteries/whatevs, no grass (imo grass is stupid), etc. Part of the reason why so many of my Lol playing friends never took Dota seriously. The Dota > Lol transition on the other hand is much smoother.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
We don't need no Mewtwo in Pm. Gekkouga is already giving people nightmares with his teleport float nairs.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
We don't need no Mewtwo in Pm. Gekkouga is already giving people nightmares with his teleport float nairs.
Lol I just imagined playing one of those horror games like we're talking about. You're playing nonchalant with the zombies and such but then out of a dark room M2 teleport hover Nairs at you and you freak out

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Smash Direct was mad hype.
With that 8 player smash thing, we can do 4v4 teams
WE (almost) LEAGUE NOW

And this thooooooo

I CAN FINALLY USE G&W DACUS WITH NO CONTROL CHANGE WOOOOO
Wait, source on that?

Edit: Oh wait it's in the blogpost. Was that there the whole time or did they add that in afterwards? I don't recall reading it before.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Is there a legit use for partial air dodges? And if so, are those uses anywhere near worth all the flubbed AGTs and wavedash not getting full distances cause?
Avoiding flubbed wavedash+land distances are very easy. You just have to actually practice them in Project M. Also short AGTs are useful in-and-of themselves, I use them for ROB pretty frequently.

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
The only moba i ever liked was smite. The third person view, the theme of gods fighting it out, the fact that you actually have to aim your skills, and the quicker pace of the game made it the only moba i could stand. but even then i got sick of the game after awhile and remembered why i hate teaming up with randoms. the stupid jungle timers they put in didnt help either... sigh i miss the alpha for that game. and then i discovered PM :D

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
If they are the official nintendo ones then yes. i have one and its great!
Edit: I assume your talking about the gamecube controllers correct?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Lol, Dota, and smite are the best 3 current dotas imo. That one blizzard is making? My roommate has the alpha and theres no gold system, and its global exp. CSing doesn't give you money/exp, you get them as they die no matter what, but if you can't CS under the turret, the turrets kill the creeps and your whole team doesn't get any exp. The game is super super snowbally because you can be winning top lane, but bot lane keeps dieing and all of a sudden the whole enemy team is 2 levels above you which is huge.
Hey, Heroes of the Storm is fun!

But Nova can go die in a fire. She's a bit of a whorebiscuit.

Haven't played Smite, but Dota is fun but League will be the MOBA for me because I find the champions significantly more interesting than Dota heroes.
I wish my parents bought me video games. Or rather, that I had parents.

nice job nintendo on addin mewtwo wish the pm team had thought of that haha oh man that would have been a good one
I think you forgot that melee exists. D:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just finished watching the LowTierGod vs Viscant MM and lololol.

Charge characters require low IQ to play. LOLOLOLOL dat salt and guess I'm a low IQ guy. :(

EDIT: Also this reaction video to the direct.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
I've been trying to experiment with how I grip the GC controller and I feel like the most comfortable way for me to access all the ATs I want quickly is with my index over Y, thumb on the C-Stick, and middle finger on R. What grips do you use and is what I'm currently experimenting with advised?
I have my middle finger control z and fourth finger control r. My right hand doesn't have to strain itself at all and in fact the entire controllers weight is supported by my left hand. If I had a bigger hand I would consider R with my middle finger.

Kati

Smash Lord
Just finished watching the LowTierGod vs Viscant MM and lololol.

Charge characters require low IQ to play. LOLOLOLOL dat salt and guess I'm a low IQ guy. :(

EDIT: Also this reaction video to the direct.

wow I left right before he spoke about the blue disc and thereafter d1's m2 reaction.

d1 as new pm announcer plz? :D

Top Bottom