• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

metroid1117

Smash Master
That's bizarre. Your charizard videos were the reason I switched to C-attack in the first place because of the easy ftilt/jab out of dash/pivot, but it never occurred to me that the pickiness of the angles was anything but a bug.
The diagonal NAirs/jabs was something I picked up from my Brawl days and it just carried over to PM.

I don't suppose there's any chance of getting a modified version of C-attack in the future that only has 4 angles, and actually tilts when hit up or down? :<
Probably not, the C-stick is a pain to code.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Are there any resources on coding controller mods via Dolphin /Gecko codes / PowerPC assembly (memory addresses to look for, etc)? I'll bloody well try to do it myself if you point me in the right direction.

Or maybe even if you don't. :<

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Hey guys. Been a while since I've posted here, huh? What's new? And, no I don't want to go through what looks like 100+ pages since I last posted.
New with me? Just got a tooth pulled on Tuesday, thank god they put me out for the procedure.
Hey, by the way I've been meaning to ask for people that record their gameplay: what's your typical recording setup? I was trying to use a Hauppauge but I just found out it's no longer working, and I don't feel like spending 100+ for a new setup.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

Also, in regards to the snake costume, is that supposed to be snake from MGS3? That's Naked Snake, not Big Boss snake

Naked Snake isn't referred to as Big Boss til the end of MGS3, and even then hes not called "Big Boss Snake". After he takes that title, its just Big Boss, and i haven't played any of the PSP Metal Gears or MGS4, but im pretty sure he doesnt wear that outfit as Big Boss

baka inus!!

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
They want to leave it open if it's Big Boss or Solid Snake cosplaying as him.

I've always seen Snake as a combination of the two so either interpretation is correct.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i always assumed it was Solid Snake because secret taunts are calls to the Colonel, Mei Ling and Otacon :v

but if its a costume as Big Boss, i guess it makes some sense to call it that.

"Big Boss Snake" just sounds completely wrong LMAO

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
But on the other hand there is the jungle camouflage, "Tasty!" taunt and some of the dialogue in the secret taunt is more like Naked.

Plus his model being taken from MGS3, but since Solid is a clone of Naked it doesn't prove anything.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I just realized what would be cooler than having a Cougar in PM, a massive tarantula

Thought of this for some reason while watching this, I should have about 4 more great realizations before it ends in an hour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QBE7PC-zd8
Nevermind got too into it

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
There have been about 31,900,000 kappas on record until now on twitch. That's nearly one kappa for everyone in Canada.

Let's keep that **** up, and soon we'll cure cancer

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wouldn't making more Kappas contribute to the cancer that is twitch chat?

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
twitch chat is only really cancer on big streams. Its actually a good experience with 100 or less people usually. in my experience at least

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
nay, Kappa is the least of Twitch's problems. It's in fact its only redeemable factor, tbh.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
twitch chat is alright if there are few people, just as ziggawatt said

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Based Monster Triple whammy for ya'll. I'll put up another juicy video from the Viscant vs Low Tier God MM that happened earlier today as well later.

EDIT: Some of the language in these videos are NSFW.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, we need to rally support for a change to the Stamina mode:

When a character loses, mh shouts "Finish him!" After which the victor does an fsmash and the loser turns into salt.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
How do people watch horror movies or play horror games? I'm such a huge wimp, I cant do either. Last time I tried to watch a horor movie I think it was like The Unborn or something? It wasn't even that bad, just a bunch of jumpscares, but I ended up hiding behind my gf the whole movie.
I tried watching a LP of Five Nights at Freddys but I actually couldn't function while watching it. Its just ambiance and jump-scares but it still kills me

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Man, somebody remind me post-release to tell the story of the incredibly minute-detailed stuff for 3.5 that I'm working on now.

This release should be crazy polished. Can't wait for it to be out.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
How do people watch horror movies or play horror games? I'm such a huge wimp, I cant do either. Last time I tried to watch a horor movie I think it was like The Unborn or something? It wasn't even that bad, just a bunch of jumpscares, but I ended up hiding behind my gf the whole movie.
I tried watching a LP of Five Nights at Freddys but I actually couldn't function while watching it. Its just ambiance and jump-scares but it still kills me
Same here dude, lmao. I can't for the life of me bare them. Although watching a lets play is considerably less demanding for me than playing the damn game myself. Got SCP Containment Breach a while ago and my bro started playing, I'm just like "lol nope"

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I googled this, but I still don't understand what you mean.
My guess is that it's the regular dash-cancel (which is crouch during full run) and using jab out of the crouch, which is much easier to do with C-Stick set to attack.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I googled this, but I still don't understand what you mean.
I think it's dash -> put back on control stick like you're dash dancing but at almost the same time you push the C Stick diagonally in the original direction. It's super pivoting.

If not please explain someone because dash cancel D-Tilts for Marth, how do?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK Seriously.
What the hell Sakurai.
This grind for alt specials is seriously burning me out, which is something that has never happened to me before.
Having to clear X mode with all the characters to clear the last Challenge Panel isn't helping either.
Keep in mind that I completed a bunch of games in my past, like when I 102%'d DKC2, got all 120 stars in SM64, and 101%'d DK64 without any outside help or online guides.

At this rate, I probably won't be playing Smash in general ever again after I finish this.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Playing right into his hands, and only making him right in the context of fandumb.

/s

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So he wants us to get burned out to the extreme where we won't even bother with the Wii U version of the game?
I'm not following what you mean.

Top Bottom