• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I'm 20 now guys, yaaaaaaay. No longer a teenager and that much closer to being able to drink with my friends in public.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Cat got neutered today

He's been tripping balls ever since he got home, like dis ***** cant even walk

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm 20 now guys, yaaaaaaay. No longer a teenager and that much closer to being able to drink with my friends in public.
19 going on 20
Been able to drink legally for nearly two years now
Why are you still living in the US

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What was the job and what's the beef that you wanted to leave? If you don't wanna explain then it's understandable.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Metroid uses it for Nairs and Jabs (Diagonal on the ground).
I use C-stick attack with Bowser and Zard, and can't imagine why it uses diagonals either. Are you sure Metroid uses the diagonal rather than hitting back to jab on the ground?

Besides all the move things it changes (none of which I like besides the Nair and I guess the Jab), it's got horrible issues with not giving out an attack if it hasn't gone back to neutral after the first move has ended.
Dear god, yes.

My want is nothing but the Nair (and probably Jab because why not, it's on the diagonal) with everything else being a nuisance.
Maybe they could create both options.
Why would you nair with the C-stick adsflkazbja;tboia;jtb;laksdfgawfg

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I wish c stick attack did uptilts and dtilts. I would switch to it to make fast pivot tilts easier.
pivots, ledgedashes and footstool are the 3 techs at the top of my list to practice more

Last week I did nair> dash away, max distance pivot ftilt on someone's shield as wolf and it felt like a legitimately good option.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
If there was a setting that allowed me to crouch cstick up to utilt out of run I'd be set for life

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If there was a setting that allowed me to crouch cstick up to utilt out of run I'd be set for life
Just do the silentwolf 2011 tech and practice run>crouch jab, then to ultilts and then turnaround uptilts then turnaround jabs
then do a 720 pivot fakie-z controller flip into shellshift rar dacus.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You should pivot jab someone as Sheik. They are guaranteed to wtf irl m8

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Reminder that there are competitive smash players born after the year 2000

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We're talking about birth age, not when a person first starts

Youngest competitive player I ever saw was Lunchables. Dude probably has Benjamin Button disease, keeps getting smaller and younger every time I see him. I swear he can't be older than 12, so I guess he isn't

Last edited:

Sumodude-S51

Smash Cadet
There are players after 2010 too if D1 is is reliable source.
Yeah, Wizzrobe is like 3, right?

Man, I sure hope it will be just as easy to unlock characters on the Wii U version as it is on the 3DS. I'm having a tourney the very next day... Actually, the real hope I have is whether 3.5 will be out by then... :ohwell:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Lmaooo Twitch Plays Poke is playing Smash 3DS
Went on For glory with Mac, side-b-ed 3 times offstage
Still lasted longer than For glory Mac mains

Vashimus

Smash Master
Youngest competitive player I ever saw was a 3-week old infant. He was born with a Gamecube controller plug as his umbilical cord.

Plugged him in and watched him 4-stock people left and right in PM. During his nap.

....I know I'm not funny, okay.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
It's the same time every week, bracket starts around 6:30, streaming friendlies usually around 5 or so.
Follow the Twitch or something. Or maybe our Twitter lol. https://twitter.com/SSBMontreal

Btw we're gonna be streaming Melee on Wednesdays as of tomorrow.
too disorganized to remember that, but maybe the effort from this conversation will solidify this fact in my mind. Do you know a W. Macpherson? he just joined our scene but just moved from Montreal. He's very new to the smash so I'm not sure if he started playing PM over there.

Bazkip

Smash Master
too disorganized to remember that, but maybe the effort from this conversation will solidify this fact in my mind. Do you know a W. Macpherson? he just joined our scene but just moved from Montreal. He's very new to the smash so I'm not sure if he started playing PM over there.
Doesn't ring any bells. Who does he play?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
What was the job and what's the beef that you wanted to leave? If you don't wanna explain then it's understandable.
Website backend work and shipping. The job itself was fine (probably the best I've had so far), but working fulltime alongside classes is suicide. I'm currently failing a critical class and I have a limited opportunity to redeem my grade in it so I figure it would be best to quit.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I use C-stick attack with Bowser and Zard, and can't imagine why it uses diagonals either. Are you sure Metroid uses the diagonal rather than hitting back to jab on the ground? Why would you nair with the C-stick adsflkazbja;tboia;jtb;laksdfgawfg
We could @Metroid him

Nair with C-stick is super amazing for the same reasons you would use the C-stick for other aerials (and more so, platform drops, full momentum control)

I'm not sure why you use C-stick to Attack if you're not about that Nair (you just use the Back direction Jab?), knowing full well about the horrible neutral reset issues

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
As of 30 min ago, I'm making myself switch to cstick attack for really easy pivot ftilts. I don't fsmash with the c stick for most characters anyway. Best part is it doesn't change item throws so glide tossing is the same for Diddy when I play him again in 3.5

There's like4 threads in the general discussion talking about the nerf fox/falco need and I'm just sitting here thinking wolf is the best spacie. I have a list of things I would actually nerf for 3.5 lol.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I use it to pivot ftilt, and to jab/ftilt out of crouch from dash, as well as to rapid jab. Bowser's extremely short on options in the neutral, and the addition of those few helps more than you'd think.

There's no reason to nair with c-stick, though. Hitting A is always just as fast and requires no input from the control stick -- which is the entire reason for C-stick aerials in the first place (so you can fadeaway fair, dair without fastfalling, etc). I'm not seeing the benefit.

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve

Wolf is definitely not the best spacie overall - especially considering he loses to the other two. He does have the best juggle game on floaties, but that's about it.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
As of 30 min ago, I'm making myself switch to cstick attack for really easy pivot ftilts. I don't fsmash with the c stick for most characters anyway. Best part is it doesn't change item throws so glide tossing is the same for Diddy when I play him again in 3.5

There's like4 threads in the general discussion talking about the nerf fox/falco need and I'm just sitting here thinking wolf is the best spacie. I have a list of things I would actually nerf for 3.5 lol.
I got a Wolf laser video I'm recordin. I use C-stick for all my Smashes, with the only benefit of Control stick being (and more so in Brawl possibly) moving forward a bit before doing it (Like Diddy can do pretty good in Brawl). I then can choose to charge with Z (which seems to have a bigger window for in PM than Melee). I can Smash while I DI (usually down to CC), and my Smash is frame perfect (without having any wasted charge time, and without the wasted time in possibly moving forward for 3 frames or whatever): and there's no way to blow it into a tilt.
I use it to pivot ftilt, and to jab/ftilt out of crouch from dash, as well as to rapid jab. Bowser's extremely short on options in the neutral, and the addition of those few helps more than you'd think.

There's no reason to nair with c-stick, though. Hitting A is always just as fast and requires no input from the control stick -- which is the entire reason for C-stick aerials in the first place (so you can fadeaway fair, dair without fastfalling, etc). I'm not seeing the benefit.
It requires the control stick be in Neutral, which is just as detrimental or more so than the other aerials (I can probably come closer to getting no loss of momentum with Uair/Dair). If there was some measuring test you'd see how much momentum you'd loss with however many small frames you have to lose not holding forward or backward to get the Nair. I can go extra deep off-stage and such with DK's Nair that is either 1- not possible with A by however many frames a frame perfect person could get [you'd have to release control stick to Neutral, press A, then get it back to facing full forward] and 2- coming close to that you'd risk getting Fair [which in DK's case would leave you to die going deep off-stage]

Last edited:
Top Bottom