• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
WTF and pretty much Comback Kid.

Also I randomly got friends to listen to Dan Green cluck like a chicken bad voice acting video on YouTube last night. Folks were laughing intensely. If you wanna watch this video then it is very NSFW/NSFS so I warn you now.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Pregnancy announcement is an amazing meme

Like it totally would have been a cool 4koma of silent wolf and Axe after the 1 minute match

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Anyone else noticed how /r/smashbros got like 40000 new members in less than 2 months? ****'s crazy yo

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yep pretty much and that's a good thing. Also it's gonna be weird being a OG of sorts to these new players who coming in with smash 4 but not as old as some of these melee heads.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They woulda just got wrecked by me anyways. No "I'm a toddler" johns plz

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yep pretty much and that's a good thing. Also it's gonna be weird being a OG of sorts to these new players who coming in with smash 4 but not as old as some of these melee heads.
The subreddit has utterly degraded in quality, though. I doubt it'll clean up much in the next few months, either.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's a general side effect of having a bunch of new (and, god help them, incredibly entitled) users joining in at once, really

like, here's a response from someone asking about keeping a consistent tournament entry number:
Stop featuring 13 year old games. It is incredibly strange to me that Melee fans expect their community to remain vibrant when the game is so old.
thank god it's mostly contained in those horrid little subforums, at least

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
There any guides on B-sticking around? I'm experimenting with Samus but I'm too tired and/or high on strep meds to figure out how exactly it works

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well B-sticking was just the lazy way of doing B-reversals. Some specials are hard to B-reverse properly since you have to switch directions after B is pressed. B-sticking just maps Specials to C-stick, and lets you get automatic B-reversals if you want.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i swear to god if they don't fix GNW's colors or at least add in Pink, im going to beat up shadic

in video games

and irl if he lets me

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wish Hyrule Castle was worth using as a competitive stage, cause it looks mad pretty now

Spralwers

Smash Ace
just noticed that fox/falco use objects to activate their shine o_O

the amazing thing is they do that in 1 frame.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
No Up-b WL with Zelda in the video at all aey? Either someone doesn't know how to use Zelda or it was removed. The aerial use ending seemed to end slightly sooner.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Well B-sticking was just the lazy way of doing B-reversals. Some specials are hard to B-reverse properly since you have to switch directions after B is pressed. B-sticking just maps Specials to C-stick, and lets you get automatic B-reversals if you want.
It seems to have some odd properties. After experimenting with Spamus for a while:

C one way while holding the other on control stick in the air, gives a wavebounced smash missile.
C the same way as control in the air gives a regular homing missile.
C left or right in the air with stick in neutral just shoots a smash missile that way.
B-sticking on the ground is a bad idea. doing it while in shield still buffers jump/roll

It's such a pissoff that angles do neutral B :/

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It's such a pissoff that angles do neutral B :/
Why? What did you want the angles to do? And likewise backwards angle gives you the Wavebounce Neutral-B, and Neutral-B being on C-stick allows you full momentum control (better platform drop Neutral-B [without triggering Down-b])

B-sticking can do a lot for Zero Suit's Up-b/Down-b, but having normal C-stick is more important. If you could set a trigger to be a modifier, and hold the trigger to temporarily make it trigger as a B-stick: that'd be great and crazy.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Ain't no competitive Hyrule Castle with no tornadoes. I want my tornado > falcon punch combos or riot.

Looks soooo damn sexy tho

Top Bottom