• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Would be funny if people could DI the tornado this time around

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah Roy needs to be able to turn around while charging up Flare blade as a buff in 3.5. I wanna hit nerds with full charge flare blades moar.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Eh, I dunno about subreddit quality. Been going there on a daily basis for 5-6 months now and quality has been mostly the same (as in meh to okay). Only difference now is the overabundance of gfys, which understandably annoys people.

Also Shadic please. You've also called this place and many other threads thrash. What do we have to do exactly to please you?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Oh my DK how far you have come from with your taunt. Big old dome in 64 all the way to a goofy face of awsomeness in smash 4.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The smash 4 DK taunt looks like he's trying to say "a-wooooo" to some female monkey

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah I decided to randomly jump online for PKMN ranked in X/Y in months after not playing the game and I end up playing against NBZ off of YouTube of all people doing a blind PKMN match video for my first match in months. :(

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOLOLOL I know I know lol. My team was setup with sticky web and pick people off. When I'm not a scrub like today I tend to read people hard. If I get a runback it will be a different story.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Message him with really salty letters and shakers and then call him out. It's the true way to get a runback.
LOLOLOL nah no need for that for PKMN. Maybe if it was FG's and I was a dude who gets mad over losses and with the ego of a grapefruit then maybe. I'll just start playing again, get my instinct back, study movesets that came up in popularity in the past couple of months and ask him politely on YouTube for a runback.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
LOLOLOL nah no need for that for PKMN. Maybe if it was FG's and I was a dude who gets mad over losses and with the ego of a grapefruit then maybe. I'll just start playing again, get my instinct back, study movesets that came up in popularity in the past couple of months and ask him politely on YouTube for a runback.
YOU DIRTY POLITIC LOVING MAN!!!11one!!11

GO BACK AND REGAIN YOUR HONOR YOU BOOTLICKING CURR!!!! GET YOUR SORRY BUTT BACK TO HIM AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU'VE WON!@!@$!%#!

IF A MAN DOESN'T KEEP HIS RESPECT IN POKEMON WHAT ELSE DOES HE HAVE? GO CHALLENGE HIM TO A CHILDREN'S TRADING CARD GAME

Lol

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOLOLOL sorry man but I'm not the type of guy to send hate/salt mail. EV train me some pokes and then maybe cause that's my main beef my PKMN right now and I hate EV training and breeding stuff despite it's being easier than ever. Also doesn't help that smash 4 3ds is out and my cities anime convention is in two weeks and I may have a gym leader position using grass types this year. :(

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Do you have to give away badges to any trainers that defeat you?
Yeah we give away badges. The past 4 years I went they were some stickers for a card that you put on and mark. I think this we are doing like actual badges but I'm not too sure right now I have to ask the main heads behind it.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Thats so cool. Sounds like an amazing convention.
-------------------------------------
Obviously old things suck.
Coca Cola should stop selling original coke; it is so old. How do they expect support for such an ancient softdrink?
They should make a new coke, with a whole new flavor!

oh wait

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I just want to play smash but stupid ochem. I hate engineering so much, I wish I had a real choice in the matter. It's already way to late to switch majors without losing 3 semesters worth of major specific credits, **** biomedical engineering. Rather graduate as a liturature /journalism double major and try to nail a job doing editorial work or something.

/end angsty teen rant. Never had an angsty/rebellious phase in highschool, guess it's hitting me late lol.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I finally got some free time, so I'm listening to harmony of heroes for the first time

I abso-****ing-lutely adore what they did with gangplank galleon

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I have always felt like I would hate being an engineer, but lately it seems more appealing. I still have awhile to decide, but until you really get into the meat of a subject, you will never know if it is really right for you. Thats probably why career changes are so common.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
C stick is for flicking. I accidentally hit it into the corners sometimes, and it's super obnoxious. yes, that's obviously a user error, but there were only 4 angles originally for a reason: my right thumb isn't dedicated to that stick.
If you've ever read my talk about how C-stick set to Attack to do Diagonally triggered Nair is amazing, it is amazing (except for the bad part of everything else it messes up). Metroid always does it for his Ike, and you should be able to easily trigger or not trigger the diagonal w/o mistakes. B-stick's diagonals are probably be the same range zones.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ahh High School was iffy for me but I enjoyed it most of the time. I was more of a trapped bird who wanted freedom with a small depression phase in my junior year high school who also lived in the hood at that time and went to the suburbs for school.

EDIT: I understand about the career changes I feel like doing that but right now I'm trying to finish up my Business Administration degree before I go to work my computer science degree or whatever computer field I wanna study up later.

EDIT 2: Finally got my ORAS demo code after all the faulty code nonsense I dealt with earlier.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If you've ever read my talk about how C-stick set to Attack to do Diagonally triggered Nair is amazing, it is amazing (except for the bad part of everything else it messes up). Metroid always does it for his Ike, and you should be able to easily trigger or not trigger the diagonal w/o mistakes. B-stick's diagonals are probably be the same range zones.
Could PMDT make attack do Smashes when grounded but still have the Nair feature? I guess that would ruin it for the 2 people who use it for easy up-tilts.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The entire point of c stick attack is to use it to tilt. Why would you remove that function instead of just adding a toggle to allow nairs with c stock set to smash

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I finally got some free time, so I'm listening to harmony of heroes for the first time

I abso-****ing-lutely adore what they did with gangplank galleon
Got done with Harmony of heroes 3 days ago. Shet's gaaaaaaaahlike yo.

First half of the album was mad good, some even better than their OG theme.

So happy they used Tune of Tempests for art tuesday, been listening to that song non-stop since the weekend, lol.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Metroid uses it for Nairs and Jabs (Diagonal on the ground).

Besides all the move things it changes (none of which I like besides the Nair and I guess the Jab), it's got horrible issues with not giving out an attack if it hasn't gone back to neutral after the first move has ended. I can see it in Metroid's play in his aerial styling. Unless you use A for the 2nd aerial, C-sticking the 2nd aerial will require the neutral reset at the moment the first aerial ends or it will give no action: which makes you cautious to try and get double aerials in a FH or whatever close to frame perfect or otherwise you blow the neutral reset window. This also makes him not go for CC D-smash (which will screw you if you mistime and any further inputs will give no action and you'll just stay crouching there doing nothing while you spam the c-stick [you can't spam it]).

I think they actually want to change it to function to make all the directions trigger a tilt (currently Usmash and Dsmash still work).
My want is nothing but the Nair (and probably Jab because why not, it's on the diagonal) with everything else being a nuisance.
Maybe they could create both options.

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Eh, I dunno about subreddit quality. Been going there on a daily basis for 5-6 months now and quality has been mostly the same (as in meh to okay). Only difference now is the overabundance of gfys, which understandably annoys people.

Also Shadic please. You've also called this place and many other threads thrash. What do we have to do exactly to please you?
The subreddit has been bad for at least six months. The recent moderating is pretty good, but now we mostly just have mediocre Smash4 gifs with a side amount of memes and comics, as compared to the other way around.

This thread isn't typically too bad. Whenever it is (or the clone engine thread), I pop in and actually do my job.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
How can we be "bad", you know aside from sharing photos of decapitations and stuff. It isn't like we need to adhere to a topic.

You can also get away with saying anything on the Falco character discussion thread, since it is a wasteland anyway.

Vashimus

Smash Master
"Job" implies you're being compensated in some way. This is basically volunteer work for you guys. No wonder you get cranky.

Off topic, shoutouts to Extra History for teaching me more about World War I than all my years of education have.

Top Bottom